Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Very Short Trip South of the Border

We make a trip to the Brownsville area in South Texas about twice a year and we usually try to save money on pharmaceutical medication and doctor visits by making a quick trip across the bridge at Neuvo Pregresso Mexico. It takes no more than 30 minutes and has always been pretty safe.

I just got back today from Mexico and saw some big changes. First off there were less American tourists than I had ever seen. Second, the Mexican Federal Army was all over the border bridge. There must have been 50 solders all carrying Heckler & Koch G3 7.62 mm automatic assault rifles. They searched every car that came into Mexico. At the first corner they had a 5 foot wall built in the middle of the 4 lane road with a soldier armed with a Browning .50 Caliber machine gun aimed straight ahead, not in the air. Kind of scary. Fingers on the triggers. On the left side of the road was another 5 foot wall and a soldier with a FN MAG Belgian 7.62 mm heavy machine gun. Again, aimed straight ahead and finger on the trigger.

Certainly nothing like this on our side of the border. Maybe there should be.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

What a Christmas homecomming for Mexicans. Guess they are sending a message to the visitors that you don't want to live here.

What's that all about? I don't think they are trying to stop imports of California Avacados. The only thing I can think of would be guns but they are probably not going to smuggle them through a border crossing.

Maybe it had to do with the Army Cartel spy that leaked info about Calderon.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    What a Christmas homecomming for Mexicans. Guess they are sending a message to the visitors that you don't want to live here.

What's that all about? I don't think they are trying to stop imports of California Avacados. The only thing I can think of would be guns but they are probably not going to smuggle them through a border crossing.

Maybe it had to do with the Army Cartel spy that leaked info about Calderon.

Dixie
    One good thing we did see on the way down there. Lots of pickups loaded up like the Beverly Hillbillys with Mexicans driving, apparently moving back to Mexico. We saw the same thing coming home today. Lots of overstuffed trucks headed south. Hopefully it was a one way trip back to the illegal aliens' promise land.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

April
    Please vote if you have'nt yet!

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-141710.html

My illegal neighbors just left for mexico two days ago. They were traveling by bus and I'm wondering if they'll make it back easily. If only we could have the border secure within the week. Our population would decline tremendously.

On a side note I was in the Doctor's office here a few days ago. There was only one non english speaking person in there the whole 2 hours I was there. Usually it is full of spanish speakers. I was in the local grocery store this morning and I didn't hear one single foreign language word. My scanner hasn't been very busy either. It's so unreal but it's a good thing. Now if it would only stay that way.