Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Hang it high and Stand Fast

What do you expect from communists who want to give plants, trees and water the same rights we have, and have control over everything we touch and everything we have or hope to have, or for that matter what people who don't belong here hope to have? The removal movement of the US flag in Oregon subsequently is done to not offend the illegal alien invaders and the liberal America haters. This more about his being a proud veteran who loves his country. The flag is just consequence. Earlier this year the New York Times Magazine ran a cover story with the headline: “A Beast Within the Heart of Every Fighting Man.â€

I wonder if a veteran of the Mexican military would be denied the right to fly his beloved rag of Mexico if in Mexico. Can you imagine that same Mexican veteran being denied the right to fly his Mexican flag because his neighbors might be offended? Do you think for a moment this would ever happen in that country? I know it wouldn't!

We have a serious anti-American faction in this country and it’s destroying our core.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Hoist with your own petar?

The line comes from Shakespeare, specifically Hamlet, act III, scene 4, lines 206 and 207: "For 'tis sport to have the engineer/ Hoist with his own petar..."

The Melancholy Dane (and not Sanguine Phlegmatic Choleric Melancholy -- as in personality types) chuckles over the fate he has in store for his childhood comrades, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, who are plotting to have him killed. Deferring his existential crisis for a moment, Hamlet then turns the plot to the plotters, substituting their names for his in the death warrant they carried from King Claudius.

He continued: "But I will delve one yard below their mines/ And blow them at the moon." The keyword here is mines, as in land mines (can I say that?) for explaining the petard or petar -- as Shakespeare puts it (I guess people even needed spell check back then). The petard was a small explosive device designed to blow open barricaded doors and gates, and a favored weapon in Elizabethan times.

Hamlet was saying, figuratively, that he would bury his bomb (can I say that?) beneath Rosencrantz and Guildenstern's and "hoist" them, i.e., "blow them at the moon."

Dirty Harry couldn't have put it any better -- well, at least not on this site. Petard, as I type with a smirk, comes from the Middle French peter, which derives in turn from the Latin peditum -- the sense of which is "to break wind."

This either means the French had a serious generation of gas in their alimentary canals in those days, or that the petard was of something less than nuclear detonation. All too often, the sapper who was responsible for lighting the petard's crude fuse was himself hoisted skyward much like a suicide bomber.

I've been canny in my presentation. Perhaps, it was a short fuse or manufactuer defect. Seems the choice here is sentinel or sitting duck. I'll take former for $100 Alex.

Why didn't you just (place mod edit here) the entire commentary? As a show of force you could have even used a red pen of dominance hierarchy maintained by the proverbial bird pecking another of lower status. And if you must demonstrate a sequence of authority to a seasoned military officer who has seen more combat hours than your number of posts, then you must give the order to destroy the post.

My stint in the military has been forthcoming, and I never had to ask. One thing you will learn quickly is that the military officer corps is filled with the best of America's minds -- men and women who aced their college entrance exams, were the captains of their ball teams, and had to be nominated by senators to go to the schools they did. These are the guys (along with their much more experienced superiors) that are deciding strategy -- and they're pretty smart (just ask any opposing forces, okay, well you can't -- they're not around any longer).

Aviators must demonstrate aptitude for objectivity--and I should not have to explain or demostrate my comprehension of my situational speaking candidly as apt, my ability to discern, and my intention centrally wrapped up with my enemies -- both foreign and domestic.

At the heart of it all, what is smart enough to be pragmatic? The first thing we need to censor is the PC BS Eurocentric pretenses.

Solzhenitsyn said that man will do anything to live one more minute. Thanks to those who pretend to hold the higher moral ground and have allowed this deluge of invaders while patting themselves on the back for not expressing their true outrage in public, or getting stars for some rank that becomes useless once the power button is depressed. Instead of taking the battle to the enemy, the nice guy routines appear as shields. Rather than getting engaged toe-to-toe, you're content with policing those who would stand with you.

Well, I believe our minute is just about up.

I'm phobically allergic to the conservative hall monitor types the majority of American opposition organizations are rife with. I've only been back twenty seven months and already I depise gate keepers. Not once have I considered you lower ranking for not serving with me on Gilligan's Island. There's plenty of ugliness to report (as there are thousands of stories of hope and headway) -- and the US military or officers such as myself certainly are not beyond reproach.

I'm not comfortable at all with a man wanting to hold my hand. But manipulation and mutilation of my commentary due to misinterpretation because of someone's personal motivations to protect the brand is wretched and works in the face of progress.

The other end of the political spectrum disregards this, and initially I didn't think anything of it, but my experience won't allow it. This has nothing to do about what is said, perception, craven obfuscation, or the intent on promoting a self-defeating country club agenda at the cost of a menagerie of brave men and women who have to voice their opinions as if holding Nitroglycerin.

If I am going to be monitored, I would suggest if you feel the superiority to alter my commentary -- then delete all of it. As a man who has seen more combat hours than your posts, I find this repulsive. This is how the journalistic Hamlet would view the blowup of the (place mod edit here) to enforce the unofficial law of this portal.

I don't know which is the lesser of the three evils -- misconstrued communication, contextual purgatory or (place mod edit here)...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12