Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by SecureTheBorder
    Turns out there’s a lot to be said for a former head of state retiring, playing golf and tending to his presidential library.
    I hope the restless natives burn his library down to the ground the same day it opens kind of like how they tore down one of his statues the same day it was erected earlier this year.
    At first, I thought you were talking about GW. Then you mentioned his library. I know they all have one, but this is the first president that doesn't have any papers that aren't classified Top Secret or been destroyed. What does he have to put in a library? Having statues erected I can believe. Napoleon liked to have statues of himself everywhere he went too. I think he's GW and Vincente's idol.

Fox did NOTHING to HELP HIS people while president of Mexico, so this two-faced windbag should be PERMANENTLY BARRED from OUR country!

http://www.americanpatrol.com/FEATUR...lan020428.html

Migration key issue for Fox, Mexicans

President seeks deal with U.S. to give more Mexican workers visas.

By Susan Ferriss
    MEXICO CITY BUREAU

Saturday, April 27, 2002

MEXICO CITY -- President Vicente Fox has made the pursuit of a migration accord -- with more U.S. visas for Mexicans -- a centerpiece of new relations with the United States.

He has also made human rights a cornerstone of foreign policy, angering Cuban President Fidel Castro because Mexico recently broke with tradition and endorsed a U.N. resolution urging Cuba to allow rights inspectors to visit the communist country.

Castro this week revealed a taped private conservation he had with Fox last month in which Fox asked him to limit his visit to a U.N. conference in Mexico and refrain from attacking President Bush.

Opposition legislators in Mexico have denounced Fox for the U.N. vote against Cuba and accused him of lying when he denied he had pressured Castro to leave the U.N. conference early.

This month opposition legislators also used their constitutional right to block a trip that Fox intended to make to California and Canada. They also demanded that Fox do more to criticize a recent U.S. Supreme Court decision. The high court ruled against the rights of an undocumented Mexican immigrant to collect back wages after he was dismissed during a union drive at his workplace. The immigrant had used a false document to obtain his job.

Fox spoke to Cox Newspapers correspondent Susan Ferriss Thursday in his private office at Los Pinos, the Mexican White House.

Q: With regard to the United States, are you frustrated with the lack of progress toward a migration agreement? Mexicans are still dying trying to cross the border.

A: I never get frustrated with anything. I'm always optimistic and always fighting to advance and work for this end. Certainly, time is passing. And I would have liked to already have the first agreements on migration. We will keep pressing this issue with President Bush's government. It's very important we arrive at agreements. It's an important message and a symbol for Mexicans and for Latin America. The relationship of the United States with Latin America must be strengthened, but to do that we need results.

Q: Do you have any idea of what possibilities exist and when?

A: No, because these are decisions of the American government and the American Congress. I have to keep insisting and doing my best to convince and work toward this goal. I think the economic recuperation of the United States, which has been announced, will put this theme back on the table because the United States needs the productive, worthy and loyal work of these Mexican workers.

Q: In spite of the atmosphere of fear in the United States and desire to close borders, are you still convinced there are sectors that want to accept temporary workers?

A: (Mexican workers) are already there working. And those who are hiring them are doing so because they need them. I repeat, they do honest, clean work that benefits the United States. The proposal of ours is to legalize, which is different from an amnesty and different from becoming U.S. citizens. It would simply mean their work is legal, that they could be registered and their rights could be respected. It would be a great step toward security. And it would give the United States a sense of tranquility to know who is in the United States, working, and that they are not people who are going to commit violence.

Q: Do you think it's still possible to legalize those immigrants already in the United States?

A: It's going to be what we insist on, permanently. We are going to be working with the government of President Bush to achieve this. I think it's very fair, and of great convenience to the United States and Canada and Mexico. We're neighbors, friends, and above all, partners. Ten years ago we decided to be partners in the North American Free Trade Agreement. We are such good partners that Mexico buys annually from the United States products and services worth $150 billion. How many jobs does that represent for the United States? Mexico buys more from the United States than Spain, Germany, France and Italy combined.

Q: What about the accusations of some (Mexican) legislators that you're not doing enough to defend migrants? They wanted an immediate response to the U.S. Supreme Court decision limiting the rights of an undocumented worker.

A: These are not some legislators, they are legislators that belong to the opposition. That's the job of the opposition, to oppose and criticize. Yes, we are in disagreement with the Supreme Court decision. We believe this decision could have a broad impact and could complicate things more with workers and it could become discriminatory. Labor rights have to be respected. If a business hires an undocumented worker, the first to blame is that business if it's hiring the undocumented. But this is a decision of a sovereign power of the United States and a sovereign country.We are going to present this case to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights (of the Organization of American States) so we can have another opinion on this issue of the rights of workers.

Q: What's your opinion of the White House's failure to denounce the attempted coup against President Hugo Chavez in Venezuela? The Latin American countries were the ones that invoked a hemispheric agreement on democracy in response to the coup.

A: We in the Rio Group (of Latin American leaders) had a chance to talk about this in-depth, and we arrived at a consensus to condemn the coup against the democratic, legitimate government of Chavez. But at the same time we pointed out that to some degree this unraveling was the consequence of a very tense relationship between the government and citizens.

At first, nobody was clear on what was happening inside. I think the United States position was a product of that time. The maneuvers to topple Chavez were a surprise, and it was a surprise that he came back in so rapidly. Today we have to wait for final judgment on this situation. It's very dynamic.

Q: Why did you decide to close the Mexico City office of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (known as the FARC, Colombia's guerrilla insurgency)?

A: It was in response to a request from President (Andres) Pastraña and the Colombian government. President Pastraña has told us there is no advantage to their presence here now. So we asked them to leave the country.
    Found this little tidbit online on what Fox said when he was presidente
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

I would like to tell Fox where to go and what to do once he got there.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

MW
    P.S. Who is paying for all this propaganda?
    Good questions, someone has to be paying for his numerous flights, motel rooms, meals, etc. I suspect the Mexican government has him on salary and is paying his expenses.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Same here I would like to tell him where to go and take
    ALL the ILLEGALS with him.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    P.S. Who is paying for all this propaganda?
    Good questions, someone has to be paying for his numerous flights, motel rooms, meals, etc. I suspect the Mexican government has him on salary and is paying his expenses.

i'm sure the mexican government is getting it's fair share of illegals remittances. you know they have their fingers in the drug cartels. money never seems to be an issue for corrupt governments.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12