Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: daughter in law

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    Quote Originally Posted by ladyshondra
    that is strange. my daughter in law is russian and will beome a citizen next month and she was told that she could not retain her citizenship to Russia, perhaps it is because my son is in the Army. he is a lt col in the Army so perhaps that is why but it would be strange that she would be under different rules than others.
    Maybe that is a Cold War throwback rule for Russia. Every country is different.

I have a German relative, they married when he was active duty, she never became a citizen but is here with a work visa. She does not want to renounce her German citizenship to become an American.

I am eligible to become a German citizen but I would have to renouce my American citizenship and I'm not going to do that.

Dixie
    or maybe because my son is in the military.

my daughter in law couldn't wait to leave russia..her mother wants to leave too..even though things are some better now it is still bad and we don't realize how good we have it her...she says that the healthcare is a joke ..it is all free but you wait in long lines and overworked underpaid medical personel...yet, we have people here who want universal healthcare..it will be a joke and old people don't get treated for cancer or other illnessess, they are given pain med and told to go home and die...not in those words but that is what happens. i am sick to think that it might happen here. and it would add 12 million illegals since we know they do not carry insurance.

Re: daughter in law

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    i thought that America didn't allow or recongize dual citizenship.
    Yes they do. They have you swear an allegence to the US but they do not make you renouce your former citizenship.

There are differnt rules for their homelands as well. For instance, a Mexican can continue voting in Mexico, even after becoming an American. Mexico does not make them renouce their citizenship. Anchor babies are considered Mexican citizens when they turn 18.

However, Germany does not allow dual citizenship. If a German becomes an American, they must renouce their German citizenship and visa versa.

Dixie
    that is strange. my daughter in law is russian and will beome a citizen next month and she was told that she could not retain her citizenship to Russia, perhaps it is because my son is in the Army. he is a lt col in the Army so perhaps that is why but it would be strange that she would be under different rules than others.
    It could also be a rule of her own country. If my hubby becomes a US citizen before a certain age, Irish law says he has to renounce his Irish citizenship. I don't recall the age, but it is somewhere around retirement lol.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

At the end of the video Hernandez says the sky is falling, the sky is falling. How cold is that.... I hope you are sending to this video as many places as you can. Spread the word.

The Sky Is Falling, better known as Chicken Licken, Henny Penny or Chicken Little is an old fable about a chicken (or a hare in early versions) who believes the sky is falling. The phrase, "The sky is falling," has passed into the English language as a common idiom indicating a hysterical or mistaken belief that disaster is imminent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sky_Is_Falling_(fable)

If my family was wiped out by an illegal alien -yeah that's disaster Mr. Hernandez...
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

another article

i read another article on this crime that was interesting and give the background of this illegal crimianls. they had so many opportunites to depart him, yet thanks to SF's scncutary laws, he wss free to commit these three murders and wipe out an intire family save one.

"Illegal Immigration: Just how many Americans need to be murdered, killed, robbed, assaulted and raped by illegal aliens before San Francisco's Gavin Newsome and other sanctuary-city mayors protect them as well?

The theory is that by providing sanctuary to those who've entered the U.S. illegally and not notifying federal authorities, the police get cooperation and intelligence from the illegal alien community in fighting crime.

Never mind that certain crimes would never happen if the illegals committing them weren't here in the first place.

How many crimes would be prevented if those who shouldn't be in this country had their immigration status checked in encounters with police, and those found to be illegal were sent home? We know of at least one.

Edwin Ramos, now 21, is being held on three counts of murder in the June 22 slayings of Tony Bologna, 48, and his sons Michael, 20, and Mathew, 16. They were shot dead on their way home from a family picnic. Police say Ramos killed them for briefly blocking his car from completing a left turn down a narrow San Francisco street.

Ramos had a record. On Oct. 22, 2003, when he was 17, he and two other gang members flashed gang signs as they banged on the window of a passing city bus. They demanded a passenger identify which gang he was with. When the passenger indicated he was not a gang member, they boarded the bus and beat him. Ramos was convicted in juvenile court of assault and put in a shelter.

On April 2, 2004, Ramos was released to the custody of his mother. Just four days later, he committed another crime just two blocks from the scene of the bus assault. Ramos and two other men approached a pregnant woman from behind, and Ramos tried to yank away her backpack-style purse. Ramos was convicted as a juvenile of assault, another felony.

In neither of these cases were federal authorities notified. Ramos could and should have been referred to Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), but the Juvenile Probation Department's policy stipulates that "probation officers shall not discriminate in any fashion against minors based on their immigration status.

In March of this year, Ramos was arrested after being pulled over because his car had tinted windows and no front license plate. Another man in the car discarded a gun that was recovered and found to have been used in a double murder.

The police report said city police had "numerous documented contacts" with Ramos and his companion and that both were members of the Mara Salvatrucha (MS-13) street gang. But charges were not filed because authorities could not prove Ramos knew his friend was armed.

Ramos is a poster child for San Francisco's sanctuary policy, boldly proclaimed and highly advertised on bus-stop posters and signs throughout the city. The policy, approved by the Board of Supervisors in 1989, bars police officers from inquiring into immigration status of those they come in contact with or passing information to federal authorities."

for the full article:

http://www.ibdeditorials.com/IBDArticle ... 9317226600

dual citizenship.

cayla99 and Dixie were correct, they are not made to give up their citizenship and are allow to retain their citizenship to their country of origin if that country allows dual citizenship. thanks for the info and making me do some more reseach on the subject.

Re: dual citizenship.

cayla99 and Dixie were correct, they are not made to give up their citizenship and are allow to retain their citizenship to their country of origin if that country allows dual citizenship. thanks for the info and making me do some more reseach on the subject.
    I have learned a whole lot about legal immigration and illegal invaders in the past couple of years. One lesson I would encourage you to always remember, never take ANYBODY at their word, check it out for yourself. Although I usually try to check and double check for the accuracy of my comments, even I am occasionally in error. When you have actually read the statute, or have first hand knowledge of the original source, it gives you added confidence with teaching others about the subject. It also comes in handy if you visit other sites that have direct debates with supporters of illegal aliens.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC LADYSHONDRA
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: dual citizenship.

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99
    I have learned a whole lot about legal immigration and illegal invaders in the past couple of years. One lesson I would encourage you to always remember, never take ANYBODY at their word, check it out for yourself. Although I usually try to check and double check for the accuracy of my comments, even I am occasionally in error. When you have actually read the statute, or have first hand knowledge of the original source, it gives you added confidence with teaching others about the subject. It also comes in handy if you visit other sites that have direct debates with supporters of illegal aliens.

WELCOME TO ALIPAC LADYSHONDRA
    thanks for the welcome cayla99 . i enjoy reading other's posst and i am glad to know there are others who feel as i do, so i am encourage that we will win eventually but how many will lose their lives before we win.

great advice and i usually do my research before speaking, most of the time lol...i agree; do not take anyone's opinion but do your own reaseach.

Another welcome to LADYSHONDRA as well.

Also,

re: Dual Citizenship - I think we need to step back as a country from this practice. Maybe I'm 'old fashioned', too 'traditional', etc. - but... I don't see how any person can be loyal to 2 things (or people) at once. Fish or cut bait.
    Make up your mind and go with the one that works best!

re: cayla99's comments about taking nothing at face value - totally agree.
    While it can be very time consuming, I also agree that investigating things that people accept unquestioningly can be a very informing and worthwhile thing to do. If you do so, you'll be surprised at how much you will learn - and at the same time - how little the opposition is informed on the subject matter.... just IMHO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

thank you for the wlcome, PhredE. i agree on how can they have dual alligence. you can serve 'two masters' is true.

i found the transpcipt to a great speech given a long time ago and i wish more immigrats felt this way but they don't, they think we should accomdate them and provide teacher who speak their langage rather than be forced to learn English. i don't think they do this in other countries.

here is the speech:

Teddy Roosevlets speech; assilation upon immigration.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American… There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.â€

[quote="ladyshondra"]thank you for the wlcome, PhredE. i agree on how can they have dual alligence. you can serve 'two masters' is true.

i found the transpcipt to a great speech given a long time ago and i wish more immigrats felt this way but they don't, they think we should accomdate them and provide teacher who speak their langage rather than be forced to learn English. i don't think they do this in other countries.

here is the speech:

Teddy Roosevlets speech; assilation upon immigration.

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith, becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the person’s becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American… There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn’t an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag… We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language… and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people.â€

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast