Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Visa Holders Fear Being Upstaged by Illegals

H-1Bs and Visa Holders Concerned about Being Upstaged by illegals.
    http://www.immigrationportal.com/showth ... p?t=208293
    Quote Originally Posted by Saras76 of the Immigration Portal Website
    Guys and Gals,
    I had feared that the immigration reform bill would get hijacked by "ILLEGAL ALIENS" and this is exactly what is happening. No one is saying a word about legal immigrants who have followed all the laws and are being punished by these ridiculous visa shortages. Like it or not, everyone in the US is concerned about illegal immigrants because they are not paying taxes and are using resources. One side wants to make them legal so they can start paying taxes while the other side wants them to leave. That is what the debate has been reduced to. With such strong reactions to this bill and such a deep divide between the House and the Senate I do not believe anything is going to come out of it.

Its funny how legal immigrants that have a more legitimate case against Congress, DOS and USCIS sit on the side lines while people who have blantantly broken the law come out in thousands "DEMANDING" fair treatment. I guess it makes sense at some level. If you are illegal, then you have nothing to lose. You have already broken the law, there is very little fear of doing something wrong and jeopardizing the GC process. We legals on the other hand live in this contant fear of being on the right side of law. We take care not work illegally, we make sure to pay all our taxes, we do everything possible to keep our jobs. We do everything for this damn GC. What a contrast between legals and illegals ... being legal has turned us into a bunch of scared fools ...

regards,

saras76
    AILA inquiry - Case recalled - Nov 04
    1st FP - 2/15/05
    2nd EAD & AP RD - 1/26/05
    2nd EAD TRX Miami 02/05, Recalled 2/15
    2nd EAD AD - 02/19/05
    140 AD - 3/21/05
    2nd AP AD - 08/25/05 (took 8 months )
    485 RFE (Spouse) - Legal Stat, Biometrics - 3/22/05
    485 RFE ack - 04/04, LUDs - 4/04, 4/05
    485 (Self-Primary) - LUDs - 8/2,3,4,5/2005
    Biometric Notice for Primary - Rec 02/2006
    Quote Originally Posted by baby_mde
    Why don't they pass bill for just leagal immigrants to eleminate retro.

later let them fight for illeagal guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by saras76
    baby_made,

This is the logical solution ... however, what is the incentive? Why would Congress want to give GCs to people that are largely law abiding, are paying social security and Medicare taxes without having the right to use the benefits, are working for less and are not eligible for any benefits. Corporations like it this way and hence Congress likes it this way. There is no instant advantage in giving us our GCs. Infact it is in their interest to delay the process as much as possible so more taxes can be collected over larger periods of time and the likelihood of thousands of us abandoning the process through job loss, relocation or other such reasons increases. It all fits in nicely if you think about it. Infact its a brilliant startegy.

Giving illegals GCs holds instant advantages. There is potential political gain, there is the prospect of increasing the tax base by bringing people out of the woodwork and the whole illegal immigration issue plays well with the "National Security" buzz word.

So you can forget about legal immigration getting any priority. Our only hope is to tag along with illegal immigration reform and hope for the best ..

regards,

saras76
    AILA inquiry - Case recalled - Nov 04
    1st FP - 2/15/05
    2nd EAD & AP RD - 1/26/05
    2nd EAD TRX Miami 02/05, Recalled 2/15
    2nd EAD AD - 02/19/05
    140 AD - 3/21/05
    2nd AP AD - 08/25/05 (took 8 months )
    485 RFE (Spouse) - Legal Stat, Biometrics - 3/22/05
    485 RFE ack - 04/04, LUDs - 4/04, 4/05
    485 (Self-Primary) - LUDs - 8/2,3,4,5/2005
    Biometric Notice for Primary - Rec 02/2006
    The rest of the story:
    http://www.immigrationportal.com/showth ... p?t=208293

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

People who are here legally and people who are waiting for papers outside the country like they are supposed to do OUGHT to feel threatened by these thugs demanding to jump in line ahead of them.

it isn't fair at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If you are illegal, then you have nothing to lose. You have already broken the law, there is very little fear of doing something wrong and jeopardizing the GC process. We legals on the other hand live in this contant fear of being on the right side of law. We take care not work illegally, we make sure to pay all our taxes, we do everything possible to keep our jobs. We do everything for this damn GC. What a contrast between legals and illegals ... being legal has turned us into a bunch of scared fools ...

Amen.
    "We have room for but one flag, the American flag" - Theodore Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by JuniusJnr
    People who are here legally and people who are waiting for papers outside the country like they are supposed to do OUGHT to feel threatened by these thugs demanding to jump in line ahead of them.
    it isn't fair at all.
    The illegals are ALREADY ahead in line! They are already here making more money and getting benefits for their children than legal immigrants waiting outside of the US!

That bastard Kennedy talks about being fair. Fair would be him dead at Chappaquidic and Mary Jo still alive.

IMPEACHMENT NOW!!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

TimBinh,
    I finally found somebody who feels about Teddy the same way I do.

friend of mine from England was in college with me back in the late 90's, he applied for citizenship back in 1997 when he first arrived. It's been 9 years and his citizenship still has not gone through. His family even has a lawyer and stuff, sure they spent some money through all those years trying to get him legal..

it's a crock... illegals shouldn't be given citizenship just b/c they cheated and cut in line infront of people like my friend..

TimBinh wrote:
    That bastard Kennedy talks about being fair. Fair would be him dead at Chappaquidic and Mary Jo still alive.
    Yea, and if his brother was alive, he'd probably kick em in the teeth.

Quote Originally Posted by TimBinh
    The illegals are ALREADY ahead in line! They are already here making more money and getting benefits for their children than legal immigrants waiting outside of the US!
    Yeah, Tim, There's a message thread on the immigration portal about a H-1B who is thinking about switching to illegal status to get his citizenship quicker, replies in the message thread advised him not to do it yet. I dunno whether or not I could go back and find the thread since that website is so massive.

What part of "We don't owe our jobs to India" are you unable to understand, Senator?

I believe this is the quote you're talking about; it also bothered me to read it and see how unfair this legislation will be not only to the American citizens, but also to those who do it legally.

At present I am a legal immigrant. I have H1B extended and I-140 approved. I am waiting to file for I-485, which I might be able to file and have approved when my grandchild retires.

Anyway the point is that if I cancel my H1B and I-140 through my employer, and start living illegally, would I be able to file for citizenship according to the current bill supposed to be passed?