Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Hi OhioBuckeye!

I guess the cops sit on the border between TX and NM around the 4th and catch people coming across the state line with the fireworks. What a joke! They are all over this city every holiday. The first couple times I heard that, I thought we were at war!

I have been to Old Messilla many times but never to Las Cruces other than to drive through. What's the situation up there as it relates to illegals?

I think that every politician who advocates guest workers, amnesty and open borders ought to have to live down here in this desert for a few years and see just how much fun it is. Particularly if they aren't of Hispanic origin. Don't you?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Bootsie 0- starting in the late 80's or early 90's portland oregon started celebrating mexican independence day - cinco de mayoniaisse i call it -
    I thought we have no mexicans and oregon is very german - so why ?
    well- its continued- I guess it was an early warning signal-
    now they have it on the waterfront every year with Crime included free of charge-
    i've never been- it's bad enough there are 150 mexican style eateries in the portland area- ( okay iam including taco bell - but hey there are tons of mexican restuarents)
    so - we are deluged here with mexico-

i lived in seattle from 87 to 90 and you could hardly find anyone who spoke Spanish and just one Catholic church that I knew of had a mass in Spanish and now with 2 or 3 radio stations only God knows how many there are.........ICE raids on Wal-mart in North Dakota and in Montana too and MEXICANA Airlines is flying to more and more US cities from Mexico directly.........and the politicos do nothing either R's or D's....hell, they might as well just dismantle the border patrol and let them all inn cause theyse is all gettin in anyways...lol

JuniusJnr - There are many illegals here in Las Cruces. Outside of the local hospital, go figure, they like to congregate in packs for some reason. They don't bother anybody, but just hang around. Still trying to figure this one out. Lived here three years and have yet to see ONE White, Black or any other nationality working in construction, landscaping or roofing. Not one. When we went back to Northern Ohio last summer I heard from a lot of folks they were beginning to infiltrate the area. Went to a local flea market and saw it was true. Talk about depressed.

That is pretty much how it is with the construction scene here, too OhioBuckeye. I've worked in areas where there is a lot of house building going on and many of the workers come right out of Chihuahua. I half believe they don't go back there because there are homes all over my area where people whose license plates say Chihuahua on them park in the driveways every night after working hours. Once in awhile someone turns them in but nobody ever does anything to them. I nkow of one very close by that has been ticketed at least twice so far and the car is right there tonight. That same car had hit at least two other cars in the area, the cops have been called, and the second time the cops didn't even write the person who owns the car with the Chihuahua plates a ticket! Told the guy whose car was hit that they couldn't do anything without eye-witnesses!

Sometimes the "Chihuahuan" cars disappear for a few weeks and then they are right back again until the next time someone turns them in.

I know there are two different people right in my neighborhood who run car repair businesses in their driveways and how much you want to be they don't pay any tax on their income or their business?

Too often there are gangs of kids on the streets here at times when kids ought to be in school. I'd like to think they are probably nice kids but I also think nice kids would be in school where they belong.

City officials make it a practice to wash off the grafitti right away here so that it looks like the gang activity isn't as bad as it actually is. It's gone the next day in most cases. Apparently, a city crew does nothing but erase gang signs of stone walls, sidewalks, light poles and the sides of vacant buildings.

There are drive by shootings and peoples cars get the windshields smashed out for no apparent reason quite frequently. I guess the thing that disturbs me most is that much of the crime goes unreported. We know of a couple crimes that were committed right in our neighborhood that were just fluffed away as though nothing ever happened.

I don't know about the hospitals other than an awful lot of people who don't speak English work in them. We have several hospitals here. There are some women across the road from me who I have no reason to believe aren't legal citizens but they work at one of the hospitals. The older woman speaks no English whatsoever but her daughters do.

There is a young guy who lives next to them who is a US Soldier. I believe he and his family are here because of his military status. I have no problem with that. His mother speaks no English but she is very nice.

What do you think of all those Spanish language tv stations? I hit the ceiling when we got cable and so many stations are in Spanish. And if you complain, they tell you that they can't do anything about it yet if someone whose Mexican complains, they can pick and choose the stations they want for about half what it costs us. It really makes me mad.

It sure is an eye-opening experience, isn't it?

And I know what you mean about going home and finding that the invasion is spreading. My home is in NC and we go there frequently. The number of obvious illegals seems to multiply every time I go home.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12