Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Iig

Volunteer to Fill In

I volunteer to work any job I can get to within the San Francisco area that any person walks off of to protest May 1. I am one of the people who's job was outsourced to a foreign country, so I have some free time.
    I will sign an insurance waiver and I will work 8 hours free. I am qualified as a MS software help desk in the legal field. I type 65-70 wpm. BUT, I'll vacuum, clean kitchens, wash dishes, deliver office mail, work the mail room, pick weeds, mow a lawn, and clean toilets. I'm serious.
    I wish I thought of this earlier, and for all I know, it's not an original idea, I just haven't found it out there yet.
    We can stop this nonsense, we just to need keep fighting longer than they do, we can do it. We must not cave in, we must perservere.
    Thank you.
    Alex
    San Francisco, CA
    "I have not yet begun to fight!" John Paul Jones

I don't think exporting American jobs and importing cheap labor is what our forefathers had in mind with "import/export"
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Iig

I will fill in for person who walks off job May 1

Uh, no. Don't get me started about that topic, considering all the stuff we buy Made in Arabia (oil), Made in China and Made in Mexico.

I sent the following to my local TV stations, cbs5, ktvu and kron. I'm sure it will be ignored, but, at least it's something they'll think about.

"I volunteer to work any job I can get to within the San Francisco area that any person walks off of to join the demonstrations May 1. Those who support amnesty and who wish to break my country's immigration laws only makes me ashamed to be Mexican and hardens me against them.
    I will sign an insurance waiver and I will work 8 hours free. I am qualified as an MS software help desk staffer, in the legal field. I type 65-70 wpm. BUT, I'll vacuum, clean kitchens, wash dishes, deliver office mail, pick weeds, mow a lawn, and clean toilets. I speak English and Spanish. I'm serious.

Otherwise, I will be going out tomorrow to buy extra in the name of supporting law abiding companies, and I will say so. I am a member of ALI-PAC. I am a natural born American of Mexican/Mescalero Apache/Irish descent. My mother became naturalized, having legally immigrated from Chihuahua, Mexico.

Thank you.

Alex
    Vallejo, CA"

Re: I will fill in for person who walks off job May 1

Quote Originally Posted by Iig
    I am a member of ALI-PAC. I am a natural born American of Mexican/Mescalero Apache/Irish descent. My mother became naturalized, having legally immigrated from Chihuahua, Mexico.

Thank you.

Alex
    Vallejo, CA"
    Irish and Apache, remind me to never make you angry! My mother was part Spanish, Irish and Cherokee -- my daddy would tell us sometimes that she was on the war path
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Iig
    LOL. Ese, homes.

Re: Volunteer to Fill In

Quote Originally Posted by Iig
    I volunteer to work any job I can get to within the San Francisco area that any person walks off of to protest May 1. I am one of the people who's job was outsourced to a foreign country, so I have some free time.
    I will sign an insurance waiver and I will work 8 hours free.
    I think that's a super idea if you make it clear that you're not doing it to cover for the illegal protesters' absence. Your intent is to 'audition' your skills for the job, isn't it ? If we all went in and did their work free while they protested that's like being an unpaid substitute. Just my thoughts.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Yes, if you are applying for the job - then by all means.

If you are just helping out the employer - I say don't.

I have no sympathy.

Personally, I won't be buying anything on Monday unless I know it is from someone who does not employ illegals. I am not interested in keeping them afloat.

Spending our money with these employers is what got us this situaion - NOT spending our money is the only way we can fix it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Dion't volunteer for the jobs!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think any American citizen should volunteer to help employers who didn't hire American Citizens. They will be punished by the people they decided to help rather their own people. Understand most of the jobs were jobs that blacks used to do. Now blacks are not even considered for the job. Instead, they decide to hire illegals and turn blacks away from jobs. Therefore, any employer who is hurt deserves to be hurt. Do you know what he will say on May 1st. Dang, I should have hired American workers. Maybe he will be smart enough to go to the stack of applications and hire some of those American citizens whom he pushed aside.

Welcome Iig.

Iig

Just to finish this topic

Thanks to everyone who posted their comments. I was referred to the Terry Anderson Radio Show by D.A. King and got on air with my proposal. He thought it was a great idea and so did subsequent callers. Of course, I was not taken up on the offer. But, it got people thinking about just how little we do need illegal immigrants.
    BTW, I called local restaurants May 1 to see if any of them was suffering business downturn or were under-staffed because some of their workers walked off or didn't show.
    None of them experienced business slow down. A few did have some employees either just not show, or who arranged to have the day off to attend the protests.
    I made a point of giving my business to Chili's in Vallejo because Caesar, the manager, assured me that he does not hire persons here illegally and he was adamant about it. He is a legal immigrant, and now a citizen. He is proud of how he became a citizen and discreetly agreed with me. Come here in the right way, and everything works like it's supposed to.
    I also made a point telling Jeff, regional manager of Carl's, that I will not give them my business. This was after we had a spirited exchange, after he advised, proudly, that Carl's not only respected their employees' right to protest; they would pay overtime those who came to work that day. He actually said to me "we cannot make them all leave." I replied "if they are not hired by law breaking employers, they will deport themselves, perhaps not by the millions and not right away, but little by little." He was dismissive and did not want to be confused with the facts.
    But, he did sound a little sorry that I would not be a customer, which kind of surprised me. So, he is a capitalist and a beneficiary of the American way, he just didn't want to admit it.

On we go, viva ICE and the Minute Men!
    Iig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast