Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Voting Rights Restoration Act Reintroduced

This is very interesting. Despite the first requirement to vote in election in the US being a US CITIZEN, various states are granting voting rights to non-citizens.

http://www.immigrantvoting.org/

VOTING RIGHTS RESTORATION ACT REINTRODUCTION

New York City Council Members Charles Barron and Kendall Stewart, along with several of their colleagues, re-introduced the historic Voting Rights Restoration Act, now known as Intro 245, on April 5, 2006. This landmark piece of civil rights and government reform legislation would allow noncitizen residents 18 years of age or older to vote in New York City elections if they have been lawfully present for six months.

New York City Council Member Charles Barron speaks at a press conference on the steps of City Hall before the November 14 hearings on the Voting Rights Restoration Act (Intro 62. Visit the PHOTO GALLERY for more pictures of democracy in action.

More than one million tax-paying New Yorkers have been disenfranchised in their local community because of their citizenship status. At least 15% of the residents of most New York City Council districts are non-citizens, with that percentage above 35% in the populations of several districts.

NEW YORK CITY'S IMMIGRANT VOTERS

New York City immigrants are not firmly aligned with any one political party, see schools as their top priority, and received little campaign attention from major political parties and labor unions, according to a new exit poll of New York city's naturalized immigrants who voted in the November 2005 municipal elections. The 2005 New Americans Exit Poll was conducted by Professor Lorraine Minnite of Barnard College and by The New York Immigration Coalition (NYIC), with financial support from El Diario newspaper.

Unlike most American-born voters, these immigrant voters turned out in the same proportions for local elections as they do for federal and state elections. “The very large number and consistency of the City’s immigrant voters means that their political power will continue to grow, and that is great news for New York’s working families, who want to see more and faster progress on issues like school reform and affordable health care and housing,” said Chung-Wha Hong, executive director of the NYIC.

Poll results are available online at http://www.thenyic.org/.

LATEST DEVELOPMENTS
    IN IMMIGRANT VOTING RIGHTS

Efforts to reinstate voting rights for noncitizen residents --which were widespread in 40 states and federal territories until the demise of the practice in the 1920s-- kicked into high gear in 2005. Legislation has been re-introduced in Massachusetts, where several local communities are seeking home rule authorization from the state legislature and Minnesota, a state with a long history of nonresident voting rights which seeks to amend the state constitution to restore those rights (along with voting rights for ex-offenders). New York City introduced legislation April 20 and City Council committee hearings were held November 14. (The bill was re-introduced in April 2006.)

Other contemporary efforts include California (where San Francisco's November 2004 ballot included Proposition F to allow all residents to vote in school board elections), Connecticut, Illinois (which has allowed noncitizen voting in school board elections since 199, Maine, Maryland (where six communities allow noncitizen voting and additional campaigns are underway), North Carolina, Texas, Washington DC (where a bill was introduced to City Council in July 2003 to allow legal permanent residents to vote), and Wisconsin.

With so much fraudulent documentation around, we can kiss our republic good bye and don't think that the Mexican government is not behind this.

Immigrant voting rights!!?? What a crock of crap.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

Everything I've ever read lists US CITIZEN as the first requirement to vote in ANY US elections. This is why this one caught me by surprise.

I sent an email to the League of Women Voters to see if they will confirm or deny this is happening, and also to find out if the voter registration card issued to non-citizens is the same, or significantly different than, as the one issued to citizens.

If there is no difference, there is nothing to prevent non-citizens from voting in ALL elections, which places a whole new slant on the value of my vote (citizen).

In some of the border states, the League is very active in squashing the Voter ID requirement - I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I'm stretching now as no where on the League site does it say anything about non-citizens voting.

Will keep you posted.

Banned
    This is an outrage and a precedent that should never be allowed, even if it is local. How could one keep non-citizens from voting on county, state-wide and national candidates once they are registered, at the polls, and have a ballot in hand to vote for city issues? Talk about inviting disaster!

Quote Originally Posted by JuneS_Reston

In some of the border states, the League is very active in squashing the Voter ID requirement - I wonder if this has anything to do with it? I'm stretching now as no where on the League site does it say anything about non-citizens voting. Will keep you posted.
    I suspect that all of the liberal or minority groups who align or associate them selves with liberal social policies are against voter ID. One must understand that secure identification is the primary weapon against document fraud which is THE BIG MARKET, next to human smuggling, for the illegal's enablers. That's why the dhimmicrats and liberal judges are for stopping voter ID. They want the voter bloc even if it destroys the republic. Power and money are everything.
    "Never suppose that in any possible situation, or under any circumstances, it is best for you to do a dishonorable thing..." --Thomas Jefferson

usmcvet wrote:
    With so much fraudulent documentation around, we can kiss our republic good bye and don't think that the Mexican government is not behind this.
    usmcvet--Welcome to ALIPAC!

Yes, the Mexican govt is behind it, but as long as we have a President who picks the laws he wants to enforce while ignoring other laws, Mexico will continue to be allowed to undermine anything they can about the United States. Our President and SEVERAL Senators and SOME Congresspeople do not care either becuase the ulitmate goal of these fools is the SPP and the NAU. Stopping illegal immigration and all of the forgery that goes with it is not congruent with the take over that the SPP and the NAU represent. Many of our elected officials, no matter what level of government shoud be jailed. What they propose is nothing short of TREASON.

PS-was Air Force myself, but everytime I tell an Marine that, they say, "oh, well, I'm sorry to hear that!" Cracks me up!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey Zoomie, I mean Rockfish. You AF guys are not all that bad. Over in the RVN, Marines under E-6 were not allowed to buy fire water at the AF Exchange. So, we'd hang around outside with our shopping lists and grab one of you blue boys to be a gofer. Worked out. Even got a "we appreciate you guys" once in a while. UR spot on about arrest for treason. I burn every time I hear some congress puke say "Look, we passed the law for building the fence" and then breaks his arm patting himself on the back. All the while Sen Cornyn says it ain't gonna happen. Too much BS and song and dance. They all are a bunch of low life liars, EXCEPT for Ron Paul and Tom Tancredo. I used to think Rorabacher and Sensenbrenner were ok but they showed their hands. Hunter is ok but he stopped pushing for the Able Danger expose'.

I say kick them out in November, and if we have to hold our noses for 2 to 4 years until the dhimmicrats also get kicked out, well, so be it. The neocons have sold out our republic. We know the dhims will but for the Republicrats, it is like having your brother put a shiv between the shoulder blades. It sux.

MW
    uscmvet wrote:

I used to think Rorabacher and Sensenbrenner were ok but they showed their hands. Hunter is ok but he stopped pushing for the Able Danger expose'.

I say kick them out in November, and if we have to hold our noses for 2 to 4 years until the dhimmicrats also get kicked out, well, so be it.
    Unfortunately, you boot people like Rorabacher and Sensenbrenner, it won't matter what happens to the Democrats in 2 to 4 years, because an amnesty bill would have already been passed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if the Democrats take control of the U.S. House, the signing of a comprehensive illegal immigration bill (amnesty & guest worker program included) will be signed by the President of the United States in 2007. I don't mean to frighten people, but that is just a fact.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    uscmvet wrote:

I used to think Rorabacher and Sensenbrenner were ok but they showed their hands. Hunter is ok but he stopped pushing for the Able Danger expose'.

I say kick them out in November, and if we have to hold our noses for 2 to 4 years until the dhimmicrats also get kicked out, well, so be it.
    Unfortunately, you boot people like Rorabacher and Sensenbrenner, it won't matter what happens to the Democrats in 2 to 4 years, because an amnesty bill would have already been passed. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, if the Democrats take control of the U.S. House, the signing of a comprehensive illegal immigration bill (amnesty & guest worker program included) will be signed by the President of the United States in 2007. I don't mean to frighten people, but that is just a fact.
    I concur 100%. Democrats are intent on building the "Plantation" What better candidates than 12 million to 20 million to build up our welfare system and further drain the economy that is already straining at the seams at the local level.

There are Republicans and Democrats who are intent on DOING something about border security and interior enforcement. It is so important to elect to office those who have the voting record that shows who they REALLY are, and not rely only on their platform, or worse yet, their party affiliation alone.

We need to keep in office those who are doing something (introducing or co-sponsoring legislation, and voting for, strong enforcement and security); kick out those who are causing stalemates at every turn; and, put into office those who are anti-illegal immigration.

This requires far more than reading about incumbant and newbie platforms then voting (not diminishing the vote). We have to know who we're putting in office and why. This requires some homework on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    uscmvet wrote:

ABSOLUTELY!

There's a chance to put the repubs traitorous feet to the flames but the libs are hell bent on flushing our Constitution yesterday and I've not found one that would stand firm for the USA & her sovereignty....and they've the billionaires funding them to do the dirty deed. SOROS anyone?

At least we have a few Constitutionalists in the repub camp. They have a chance to hold off the hordes with our help.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast