Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Wages Driven Down

Lou Dobbs attended the Association of Hispanic Journalists convention last week, and on his broadcast June 16 there was a video that showed him making this statement:

"Twenty-five years ago, the average meat-packing -- meat- packing employee in this country made $19 an hour. $19 hour. Do you know what it is today? It's $9 an hour."

Does anyone know of any valid resource that lists wages of any other industries/trades driven down due to illegal alien labor? I would like to see more of this....I'm still in shock over this! I have a few articles on construction labor, but would like to find some variety.

thanks!
    "Remember the Alamo!"

krazy,

You might snoop around on the Department of Labors website for reports you can compare. You will have to put 2 and 2 together because I doubt that you are going to be lucky enough to find what you are looking for all prepared and ready to read. Look for something like average wages by job category for 2000 and 2004... Compare the two. Also, you might try the state level too. Call your local unemployment office, they can tell you who tracks the numbers.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)