Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Walmart CEO Eduardo Castro's speech to LULAC

Now I know why Walmart gives so much $'s to La Raza, etc. - this guy is the CEO: Eduardo Castro-Wright Executive Vice President and President and Chief Executive Officer, Wal-Mart Stores Division

We shop at Walmart every week - but I'm not shopping there anymore!

http://www.walmartfacts.com/articles/5163.aspx

Eduardo Castro-Wright speaks at the LULAC National Convention
    Last Updated: Thursday, July 12, 2007
    Today, Eduardo Castro-Wright, CEO of Wal-Mart Stores U.S., delivered the keynote speech during the Unity Luncheon at the LULAC National Convention and Exposition.

Remarks as Prepared for Eduardo Castro-Wright
    CEO of Wal-Mart Stores U.S.
    LULAC Annual Convention

Thank you for those warm words.

Buenas tardes, ¿Como están todos?

Muy bien, me siento muy entusiasmado de estar con ustedes, aquÃ* en Chicago.

Something you may not know about this city is that last year, Wal-Mart opened two new stores in the Chicago area.

One of them opened on the West Side of the city—on the site of an abandoned lot in a neighborhood that had been under-served for years. It was the first Wal-Mart ever built within the city limits.

And when that store opened its doors, 15,000 people had applied for a little over 400 jobs.

And the other store—right over the city line in Evergreen Park exceeded that. 25,000 people applied for 325 jobs.

I don’t know about you, but to me it highlights ….that to a lot of people in this country, Wal-Mart means opportunity. That is particularly true when we are talking about the Latino population.

And while Wal-Mart and LULAC are very different organizations, it seems to me that it is here that we share a common ground.

LULAC has helped thousands of Hispanic Americans achieve their dreams.

Through scholarships, job training, and your advocacy for better health care you provide individuals with the opportunity to build a better life.

In a lot of ways, that concept is the foundation upon which Wal-Mart was built. Sam Walton worked to bring people in rural America access to the goods they needed at the cost they could afford. And in doing so, he saved them money and gave them the opportunity to live better. Essentially he gave them a ladder to work their way to a better life.

Forty years later, that’s still our purpose. But today we see a responsibility to do even more.

We begin by looking at our customer and asking ourselves, “What do they want?â€

And everytime we give our money to Wal Mart - we are giving our money to them.

Can anyone get the $4 prescriptions?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Ok I hope I don't get my self booted...but sckew walfart

Can anyone get the $4 prescriptions
    ..I wouldn't take that 4 dollar stuff...you might be taking Chinese made medicine...and it just might kill you like they killed my dog
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

JAK
    I do NOT shop at Walmart. I will NEVER shop at Walmart ever again.
    I stopped a few years ago... I felt they were one of the biggest users of illegal aliens and helping them to break our laws and cross our borders!!!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We could. And we did. Today, a customer can walk into any one of our pharmacies across the country and buy a month’s supply of over 300 prescription drugs for just $4.
    Let me tell you that they aren't losing any money......here's an example of what I pay at a local independent pharmacy as to what Wal-Mart charges

Ind. Phar.

Zopidem (generic ambien) #30 10 mg $16.50. Wal-Mart -$86.00

Neurontin #120 400mg $24.50 Wal-Mart - $126.00

There are two other drugs I take that the price is over $100 more at Wal-Mart. BTW, the wholesale price of 100 zopidem is about $9.00. The rip off is being taken at the pharmacy not necessarily by the drug companies. The mark-ups are astronomical.

They act like they are doing something by selling $4.00 drugs. Those drugs cost them pennies. They just decided not to screw people as bad and act like they are being benevolent!

Please email Walmart

Please make sure you contact them and tell them why you aren't shopping there:

Email form: http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStores ... o?catg=221
    Phone: 1-800-WAL-MART (1-800-925-627.

Anyone can get the $4.00 medicine if they are using one that is on the list. They don't ask your income. I get one of my blood pressure meds from them for $4.00.

I figured this crap was going to happen with Wal-mart when I saw a sign on one of their stores in Texas 5 years ago that said you have to speak Spanish to apply for a job there. I've about had it with Wal-Mart, anyway. Think I'll look around for another pharmacy.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

I was just curious if there was any qualifying factors for getting the medicenes.

Try Costco or Walgreens pharmacy,also most pharmacies will match Walmarts prices to get your business or at least they did for me.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by redbadger
    Ok I hope I don't get my self booted...but sckew walfart

Can anyone get the $4 prescriptions
    ..I wouldn't take that 4 dollar stuff...you might be taking Chinese made medicine...and it just might kill you like they killed my dog
    Dang I'm sorry to hear that redbadger This globalized cheap labor/outsourcing BS is really touching all of our lives in a really negative way.

I just got to thinking.....MANY Americans hate this company and refuse to shop there. I think if we we're to finally get rid of all of the illegals, they might lose their customer base, and the whole evil corporation will go down in flames.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast