Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Their response to my letter:

Thank you for your message.

Dear _____,

Through Walmart's store-of-the-community program, our stores are merchandised to meet the diverse needs of local customers in each community. We want to make sure that our products and services are relevant to our local customers and that we carry the products they need and want. We focus on one store at a time - identifying the specific needs of all of our customers in each community and tailoring our products and services to reflect the local customer base.

Overall, our store of the community program is not targeted to any specific demographic, but rather being aware and inclusive of the needs of all of our customers and the changing demographics in the communities we serve. Our stores across the country currently serve a wide range of demographics from urban to rural communities to multi-cultural and diverse communities including Asian, Hispanic, African American, Amish and many others. We have very diverse communities in the U.S. and we are working to ensure that our stores are reflective of that diversity.

When a store is remodeled, for example, we have an opportunity to update our products and services to meet the changing needs of local customers. As part of our store refresh program this year, we are remodeling and converting two existing neighborhood markets - one in Phoenix and one in Houston - to better serve the diverse needs of their local communities. These two stores, which are located in strongly Hispanic communities, will open under the name Supermercado de Walmart in the first half of the year. The stores will feature a new layout, signing and product assortment designed to make them even more relevant to local customers.

Thank you,
    Customer Care Center
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

I don't know what this is going to change here in Houston. All Wal-Marts are already Mexican Wal-Marts. That is about all that goes to them and they are all generally in Mexican neighborhoods. If not the neighborhood will soon be Mexican. However, this type of pandering just sealed the deal that no one in my family will ever shop in Wall-Mart again.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by uniteasone
    Their response to my letter:

Thank you for your message.

Dear _____,

Through Walmart's store-of-the-community program, our stores are merchandised to meet the diverse needs of local customers in each community. We want to make sure that our products and services are relevant to our local customers and that we carry the products they need and want. We focus on one store at a time - identifying the specific needs of all of our customers in each community and tailoring our products and services to reflect the local customer base.

Overall, our store of the community program is not targeted to any specific demographic, but rather being aware and inclusive of the needs of all of our customers and the changing demographics in the communities we serve. Our stores across the country currently serve a wide range of demographics from urban to rural communities to multi-cultural and diverse communities including Asian, Hispanic, African American, Amish and many others. We have very diverse communities in the U.S. and we are working to ensure that our stores are reflective of that diversity.

When a store is remodeled, for example, we have an opportunity to update our products and services to meet the changing needs of local customers. As part of our store refresh program this year, we are remodeling and converting two existing neighborhood markets - one in Phoenix and one in Houston - to better serve the diverse needs of their local communities. These two stores, which are located in strongly Hispanic communities, will open under the name Supermercado de Walmart in the first half of the year. The stores will feature a new layout, signing and product assortment designed to make them even more relevant to local customers.

Thank you,
    Customer Care Center
    I received the same generic response when I emailed Wal-Mart to let them know I would no longer be shopping at their stores. As if Wal-Mart being a corporate sponsor of La Raza wasn't bad enough, they just had to continue the pandering parade with these "Supermercados". Ridiculous.

Oh well, I'd almost rather pay a little bit more money and support local businesses than walk into the local Wal-Mart Supercenter and feel like I need a map just to avoid getting lost.

I havent been in a walmart in over a year. I never will go into a walmart. I shop at Target or somewhere else.
    Proud to be an AMERICAN

I've always believed that the best way to counter this is to have individual immigrant rights based groups - Italian Americans, Polish Americans, Korean Americans, German Americans, etc., complain to corporations that favor Hispanics, that they too want equal available products and services specific to their native heritage and language. Since it's impossible for Walmart to accomodate all these groups, maybe the obvious appearance of favoritism will force them to back down.

I have to say that this news sounds like they are just preparing for the NAU. Remember, everything is done incrementally. Once Walmart gets away with this, watch other super stores follow suit.

Exactly, chloe24.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I don't think Wally World thought this would hit the press like it did. For the longest time they have been keeping a low no profile position on the illegal immigration subject.

Not anymore! Maybe they better rethink this eh
    Big Business wants cheap labor,
    Politicians want more votes.
    Americans just want a job that pays a living wage.
    Uncle Samchez

I agree koobster. Target is a lot better store then walmarts.....I really do not shop at walmarts anyway..........
    "When you have knowledge,you have a responsibility to do better"_ Paula Johnson

"I did then what I knew to do. When I knew better,I did better"_ Maya Angelou

Maybe I shouldn't say this but,
    I like the idea of Mexicans segregating themselves and staying away from Americans. Let the Illegal aliens shop in their own Segregated Spanish only no English language allowed stores.
    I refuse to shop in environments that cater to them.

For those who don't know; life in California is all about staying away from the invaders.

Walmart is really China. That's where most of their merchandise come from. Do you want to fight back? Buy American!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast