Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thanks for your kind words Coto.

Interesting website. I certainly have no real idea on the international implications. I don't trust China and largely don't trust the US government. China's financial stake in us is huge both thru our government and companies like Walmart I also think Communism is very alive and well. What that portends I don't know. Scenarios like you are suggesting are not out the the realm AFAIAC.

Leaving the China component aside for a moment. I know that with relationship to illegal immigration however that we the American people can not continue to subsidize the very same people who work against us. Weather LaRaza or WalMart . There is no an easy answer unless the businesses willingly make changes. Otherwise either we force them to change or we change. But long term change it must . Or we are just putting bullets in our own heads.

Having said all that I firmly believe that the American people working as people and not partisan politicians can accomplish anything we want to preserve our common interest. We have a history of sacrifice and strife to preserve our culture, heritage and future. Not to mention ingenuity, can do attitude and love of one another and all that encompasses.
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MW
    nittygritty makes a good point. Some folks on a limited income and with few choices may be forced to shop at Wally World. When that is the case it become more an issue of survival and caring for the family unit and less an issue of supporting America. IMHO, we need to understand that some people are forced to shop at Wally World because their situation dictates it. Remember, Wally World and K-Mart ran many of the mom and pop operations that people used to frequent out of business years ago.

Good point, nitty.
    Well, everyone posting here obviously has internet access. Shopping online is usually cheaper even than Walmart. I buy most of my electronics, including computers and peripherals, televisions, vitamins and healthcare products, musical gear, tools, firearms and even a good deal of my clothing and my new car online, and I live in Dallas, retail Mecca of the US. I do about 90% of my Christmas shopping online and have done so for about 10 years. I save a small fortune, and the shipping is generally offset by the lack of sales tax. I don't live on a fixed or limited income, but I refuse to pay retail - it's just the way I was raised. About the only items for which I don't bargain-hunt are my foodstuffs.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345