Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

War on the middle class

The borders have been left open deliberatly to lower the wages of our workers and allow illegals to leech off of our health care and educational institutions to say the least. Washington and our corporations care less about the middle class and its future. They are sending our wages, health care, pensions and future abroad. We CAN do something since everything we have tried has failed. Until this Government secures the future of the middle class we should stop allowing our children to join the armed forces. It is the middle class that has and is currently fighting wars for a Government that is not commited to its very existence.

That might be a good answer if our "children", were not adults and able to make this choice freely for themselves.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Banned
    Welcome Stymie!

Welcome Stymie222. Funny you should suggest that. I have a 15 yr. old who has voluntarily put himself in the ROTC at school and who is planning to continue in ROTC through college and to have a military career. His brother, a junior in high school seems to be very close to wanting to take the same path.

So I have thought of this. I've thought of saying this to them and one time I actually did. My son said to think in such a way is just not possible.
    He said that somebody has to do it.

For some reason, I felt really strange after I said that and I vowed to myself that I will never say it again.

I can't pinpoint exactly how or why I felt so strange and uncomfortable with my comment. I just felt really badly after I said it. I felt like a traitor not to our country, but to my children for some reason. I felt as though I was robbing them of something.....like the experience of loving their country. I don't want to do that.

They have their own desires and plans and if it is to serve our country than I need to be appreciative and supportive of them.

Don't ask me why or how I feel this way, but I feel this way very strongly. So I don't ever plan on saying that to them again.

I just thought I'd share this with you since I actually had this experience.
    Thank you for sharing with us the fact that you have had this thought too.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

BTW, the exact comment that I made was this, "I'm just worried and wondering if this country is really worth putting your life on the line for. Do you think that it is?"

That's what I said. It had such a bad affect on me that I decided that it was the wrong thing for me to say to them.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Legal , I think it was okay to say what you said .
    You are the soldier yourself and every day what you are doing here is making the history .
    You are fighting for the country with your every message which you post here , so I think this is one of the main reasons your children feel the way they are .
    About the military career - you are advising them like a wise mother who knows how the things are .
    I think you 've got concerned for your boys , that is why you've said those words .
    I think that in reality you've meant -
    "the world is open to you , there are so many things to do for the country , army is one of them , but there are so many other jobs and opportunities to serve the country without being used as a tool for the political/war/ business profit .
    I hope the kids will realize this soon enough , maybe it will help to open their minds .
    " Do not compromise yourself . You are all you've got ." -Janice Joplin .

My view

Ask your son to read and view photographs about the Great Depression we had in this country. Its coming again. He may be asked to turn his weapon not on some foreign enemy, but on his own people to keep them from rioting. Pick up a newspaper this Sunday or any day. Look for a Job that pays enough to buy a middle class home. One that offers Health care and a pension. You wont. Our returning soldiers cant find one either!

Thank you Hope.

He may be asked to turn his weapon not on some foreign enemy, but on his own people to keep them from rioting.
    I guess the last time that happened would have been during the Civil War, right ?

I've heard people talk about the possibility of this ever happening. This would be the utimate nightmare for America. This would be the end of America altogether.

Let's hope that our efforts and work will see to it that this never happens.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    Welcome Stymie222. Funny you should suggest that. I have a 15 yr. old who has voluntarily put himself in the ROTC at school and who is planning to continue in ROTC through college and to have a military career. His brother, a junior in high school seems to be very close to wanting to take the same path.

So I have thought of this. I've thought of saying this to them and one time I actually did. My son said to think in such a way is just not possible.
    He said that somebody has to do it.

For some reason, I felt really strange after I said that and I vowed to myself that I will never say it again.

I can't pinpoint exactly how or why I felt so strange and uncomfortable with my comment. I just felt really badly after I said it. I felt like a traitor not to our country, but to my children for some reason. I felt as though I was robbing them of something.....like the experience of loving their country. I don't want to do that.

They have their own desires and plans and if it is to serve our country than I need to be appreciative and supportive of them.

Don't ask me why or how I feel this way, but I feel this way very strongly. So I don't ever plan on saying that to them again.

I just thought I'd share this with you since I actually had this experience.
    Thank you for sharing with us the fact that you have had this thought too.

Legal,I feel so honered to know you, well said!
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast