Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I guess the last time that happened would have been during the Civil War, right ?

The units that responded were ill-trained and came right from riot duty elsewhere; they hadn't had much sleep. The first day, there was some brutality; the Guard bayonetted two men, one a disabled veteran, who had cursed or yelled at them from cars. The following day, May 4th, the Guard, commanded with an amazing lack of military judgment, marched down a hill, to a field in the middle of angry demonstrators, then back up again. Seconds before they would have passed around the corner of a large building, and out of sight of the crowd, many of the Guardsmen wheeled and fired directly into the students, hitting thirteen, killing four of them, pulling the trigger over and over, for thirteen seconds. (Count out loud--one Mississippi, two Mississippi, to see how long this is.) Guardsmen--none of whom were later punished, civilly, administratively, or criminally--admitted firing at specific unarmed targets; one man shot a demonstrator who was giving him the finger. The closest student shot was fully sixty feet away; all but one were more than 100 feet away; all but two were more than 200 feet away. One of the dead was 255 feet away; the rest were 300 to 400 feet away. The most distant student shot was more than 700 feet from the Guardsmen.
    http://www.spectacle.org/595/kent.html
    Unemployment is not working. Deport illegal alien workers now! Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Stymie, although I cannot argue that the middle class is being hurt incredibly with this invasion, I have to tell you, from firtshand knowledge, that it is the lower income class that was hurt first from it.

Although my husband was an Air Force man for 11 years, and did a highly technical job, it was not a job that would have been possible outside of the military. Now we are living on a highly limited income, no health insurance and no possibility to be able to work our way up the ladder, as the rungs of that ladder between us and the potential is crammed with illegal aliens, depressing my husbands wage possibility.

It is just recently that this issue has started hurting the middle class. Sorry, not trying to burst your bubble, but having come from the lower income class, I can say for sure this has been a problem longer than the middle class has known about it.

It is only fortunate that the middle class is speaking up as people in my income class have little chance to stop surviving, or feel they have little voice in the whole illegal immigration debate. I have worked hard to try to talk to people of this group as they need to know they CAN do something and should, as their opportunity to work their way out of poverty has been taken from them by people who do not belong here.

I am glad you are here, and ready to fight with us. We are all races, religious beliefs, political parties and income levels, but the main thing we have in common is we are Americans and that is what matters the most.

Welcome Stymie!
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I am glad you are here, and ready to fight with us. We are all races, religious beliefs, political parties and income levels, but the main thing we have in common is we are Americans and that is what matters the most.
    That's definitely the truth, AmericanElizabeth !

Thank you, Nitty. I am confident that you know that the feeling is mutual. All of us here can and should be proud of each other for having the courage to stand up for our country and the determination not to give up fighting for what was and still is granted to us through the United States Constitution.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

LegalUSCitizen, spoken like the true patriot you are, as to the other, I have never met better people anywhere then I have met here at Alipac.
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12