Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Yes, that's good point Captainron.

Actually, in all honesty, as much as I agree with the WashTech people on the H1-b, high-tech/IT worker issue, I have not signed that petition. I did want to shed as much light and criticism on Gator & Co. on this issue and that's the impetus for all most posts over here.

So, let's restate the obvious which has not been said enough:

Hey, you union people, if you want support in your efforts to protect your membership's jobs, you need to help support those of us that are working to end unmitigated illegal immigration. Yes, you have to choose sides and make the deliberate choice as to who(m) you will support. If you want and expect our support, you need to get behind us and start being part of the solution and not part of the problem.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Hey PhredE

My husband is a retired union worker and like a lot of union workers they are American patriots first and foremost. The AFL CIO does not speak for their workers or all unions they speak for big business.

I have to say when the Comphensive Immigration Bill was in the Senate we got numerous calls from my husband's local telling us to call our representatives and tell them to vote no.

MSherry,

Yeah, I do understand that. No dis'ing or disrespect intended.

I've been a union member on more than one occasion in my lifetime and am generally supportive of labor in general.

And, the one big qualifier to all the previous, is - not all unions are identical! - They can vary greatly with regard to particular political issues sometimes. I think a big part of the problem is that the union leadership often has different interests and positions than rank and file members...

One thing I would really like to see is a legit, broad-based union for all (or almost all) high-tech/IT workers. This would go a long way in keeping the abuses and malfeasance of unscrupulous employers in check.

\
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

PhredE:
    One thing I would really like to see is a legit, broad-based union for all (or almost all) high-tech/IT workers. This would go a long way in keeping the abuses and malfeasance of unscrupulous employers in check
    With my husband being union and myself high-tech we have often argued over this issue. Don't tell him but I have to now agree with you. All I saw before was the big bucks I was making. Now I realize what I sacrificed for that money and what the industry has turned into.

AE

and some of the smartest ones have never set foot in a university
    PhredE, I feel there is a LOT to that statement. My father had nothing more than an eigth grade education, but was the most intelligent person and knowledgable I know. He was successful in the Navy as a top commissaryman, and went onto being a journeyman baker, had their won business too, and was an excellent bookkeeper of their own records. He was also the one who taught me how to breakown math problems to make more sense of them, now it is a method I have used with my kids to teach them fractions and percentages (the bane of every kids educational experience).

Now if you look further back into Americans heritages, we have had some of the most successful people who founded our nation, states and communities, most of them some of our own ancestors and they were highly sucessfull(I measure success in being able to be self-sufficient and independent as well as make money).

I think some people come out of higher education with their brains sucked out of their heads!
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

AE, Yep, I hear 'ya and agree 100%.

Sorry I haven't been around as much as usual. Work + other stuff is keeping me pretty busy lately. Hopefully, that will tame down in the next week or so - no guarantees though...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123