Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by nittygritty
    I am watching c-span right now Rep Ted Poe R. from TX is holding up a brick that someone sent to him it is wonderful to see them stand up for us! Heis talking about deportation and border security.
    He also mentioned the 14th Amendment He made a lot of excellent points!!

no tv, my computer

http://www.c-span.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlesoakisland
    since some of us can't be sitting in font the TV you all need to be more explicit on what is happening.
    We the People. You the Invader

Uhhhhhh.......

"Ted Roe is quite impressive"

Is Wade gonna' come barging out, wanting to fight?

That old Roe vs. Wade thing, yah' know

/slinks off mumbling about lousy sense of humor and avoiding various tossed rotten fruit, vegetables, rocks, etc.

obbop

Senior Member NoIllegalsAllowed's Avatar
    You can watch C-SPAN on your computer for free. You can minimize it and just listen to the audio. Just go to the cspan website, and scroll down to where it says "Live Streams" http://www.c-span.org/
    Free Ramos and Compean NOW!

obbop!

By the way obbop, I thought that picture was you also.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by UScitizen
    C-span 1

I've been sitting here watching C-span 1...so far Rep. STeve King and Rep. Ted Poe have been talking about illegal immigration.

Rep. Steve King:

He was explaining that currently the U.S. budget allows for 6 billion dollars to fund border patrol, security..etc. He made it a point to present to the speaker of the house that 6 billion dollars equates to 3 million dollars a mile, we all know that the US border with mexico is almost 2000 miles long.

He went on to show a mini demonstration of building a wall, digging a 4-6 foot trench, then lined with steel/concrete lining and the basis for building a wall. Where you can put 12 foot walls into the trenches with barb wire at the top. Stating that walls will have a 90 percent efficiency of driving illegals out from entering. He also stated, which i loved by the way...on the other side of the wall (mexico side) to put a link to entering the US the right way...much like an engravement of sorts..painting on the walls..here's a link to get your visa, and a first step into entering our country LEGALLY lol..that was great.

He then said look..this fence will be efficient but it will only cost 500,000 dollars. 500,000 dollars for a fence that looks promising (to me) a mile...now he said the rest of the 2.5 million dollars can be used for infrared and what not.

He mostly talked about enforcement...I didn't really see him adressing the 11 million here right now in the US.

Rep. Poe:

Went a lot into history, starting off with the world war 2 and how americans were asleep on a sunday...compared it to..will the americans be asleep again??...as they are being attacked. mexico infiltration/invasion.

Went into detail about the mexican war, saying that these people ceded their lands to us...etc. This is the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA and that's final.

Saying that the mexico gov is corrupt...Fox is a generalisimo...lol...Really just saying what we all know lol
    They didn't just cede the lands to us. Even though we won that war, we PAID THEM for the lands. We finalized the modern border with Mexico with the Gadsden Purchase a few years later. The legitimacy of that border has never been disputed by the Mexican government in the 150+ years since the transaction.

Did you know that in Fort Hancock, Texas (of Shawshank Redemption fame) that there is a footbridge connecting Mexico and Texas and that children who live on the MEXICAN side freely cross every day to attend school on the USA side? Everyone there knows it including law enforcement and the school officials.....and they do NOTHING. If the parents of those children live in Mexico, that means they are not paying the taxes that PAY FOR THE SCHOOL(S). Only the US citizens in that county are paying to educate not only their OWN kids but all those Mexican kids (and don't forget all the federal dollars that school is getting because of the large population of Mexican kids).

[quote="UScitizen"]C-span 1

He went on to show a mini demonstration of building a wall, digging a 4-6 foot trench, then lined with steel/concrete lining and the basis for building a wall. Where you can put 12 foot walls into the trenches with barb wire at the top. Stating that walls will have a 90 percent efficiency of driving illegals out from entering. He also stated, which i loved by the way...on the other side of the wall (mexico side) to put a link to entering the US the right way...much like an engravement of sorts..painting on the walls..here's a link to get your visa, and a first step into entering our country LEGALLY lol..that was great.

He then said look..this fence will be efficient but it will only cost 500,000 dollars. 500,000 dollars for a fence that looks promising (to me) a mile...now he said the rest of the 2.5 million dollars can be used for infrared and what not.

He mostly talked about enforcement...I didn't really see him adressing the 11 million here right now in the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12