Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    I'm watching it on the posted link but it plays from the start
    in Vegas at 7 pm on the abc channel here

Re: The After Talk

Quote Originally Posted by ymeoru
    They're saying McCain was untouchable.

Did we watch the same debate?
    Which talking heads? Morton Kondrake or some other amnesty zealots?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    McCain looks half dead , lmao

Untouchable my a.....

Here's a prelim report. McCain still spouting the "it's not amnesty" BS:

1-5-08
    Romney goes after Huckabee, McCain in N.H. debate

Huckabee, Romney square off in debate

By LIZ SIDOTI, Associated Press Writer
    4 minutes ago

Former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney clashed with Mike Huckabee on foreign policy and John McCain on immigration Saturday night in a high-stakes presidential campaign debate three days before the New Hampshire primary.

"It's not amnesty," McCain shot back after Romney criticized his plan for overhauling the immigration system. "You can spend your whole fortune on these attacks ads, my friend, but it's not true."

Earlier, Romney criticized Huckabee for having written that the Bush administration was guilty of an "arrogant bunker mentality" on foreign policy.

"Did you read the article before you commented on it," asked Huckabee, the former Arkansas governor.

"I read the article, the whole article," shot back Romney.

Romney's aggressive demeanor reflected the stakes in the wideopen race for the Republican presidential nomination. Huckabee defeated him in the Iowa caucuses on Thursday with an underfunded campaign. Now Romney faces a strong challenge from a resurgent McCain in New Hampshire's first-in-the-nation primary next Tuesday.

Former Sen. Fred Thompson, former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani and Texas Rep. Ron Paul also shared the stage, but they were largely eclipsed for significant portions of the 90-minute debate as Romney, McCain and Huckabee struggled for advantgage.

Romney walked on stage with his first win under his belt, a triumph in the scarcely-contested Wyoming caucuses. The former Massachusetts governor, seeking to become the first Mormon president, said the outcome was "just the beginning."

A pre-debate poll suggested McCain's momentum had carried him into a narrow lead over Romney in New Hampshire, and that Huckabee was in third place place. It also suggested he had not yet profited from his victory in Iowa, but the results of an election in one state often take several days to show up in surveys in another state.

Both Huckabee and McCain jabbed at Romney for having changed his position on numerous issues such as abortion, gun control and gay rights.

"You are the candidate of change," McCain said with a laugh.

And Huckabee, admonished not to characterize Romney's position on the Iraq war, replied, "which one."

Romney's aides were at work challenging Huckabee's truth-telling even when their candidate himself did not.

As the debate unfolded and Huckabee said he had supported President Bush's decision a year ago to increase troop strength in Iraq, Romney's campaign quickly emailed reporters with a Huckabee quote to a different effect. "Well, I'm not sure that I support the troop surge, if that surge has to come from our Guard and Reserve troops, which have really been overly stretched," it said he told MSNBC last January.

McCain, whose candidacy appeared at the point of collapse last summer, sought to stress his national security credentials against major rivals whose political resumes are limited to governorships.

He said he had been the first one in the race to say the president's initial strategy in the war in Iraq was not working, "And I again say that I'm glad to know that now everybody supported the surge."

He added that "I was criticized by Republicans at that time. And that was a low point, but I stuck to it. I didn't change. I didn't say we needed a secret plan for withdrawal."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080106/ap_ ... licans_rdp
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    they just said Hunter was invited but didn't show up

Banned
    So , Obama just said he would invade a soverign nation to after ben laden?

Irak war and Bin Laden will be a main topic of the DEM debate.

Obama and Billary have different plans.

Banned
    Thats the Bush doctrine

Invade at any cost

Obama is told by Moderator that his policy is Bush policy.

Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by usanevada
    they just said Hunter was invited but didn't show up
    I like Hunter, but I think he knows his time is up. It's kind of sad, that this has happened before any of us, outside of Iowa and New Hampshire has had a chance to vote.

Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast