Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Watching Them on C-Span

Watching Chertoff, Guiterrez, Lehy, (need a barf bag), Graham, and Sessions this morning.

At one point, Lehy asked Chertoff if the problem with the 1986 bill was that it didn't have strong enough laws in it to enforce it. Chertoff skillfully and sneakily took the subject almost entirely off course, and started talking about the present "situation". That was not the point of what Lehy meant. He did not ask about the present "situation" he was asking about "specifics" of the 1986 bill.

But what was even more pathetic was that Lehy didn't have the.....I don't know.....intelligence.....courage......principles. .......stamina......ability.....to insist that he come back and answer the real question. He just let it go, like a fool and an incapable representative of the American people.

This really made me sick.

Then I was thinking, they want the American people to compromise with them.....but how can we when they operate and function like this?! I've noticed how our side has not been willing to compromise at all, and I see why!!

If we were to compromise at all they would simply move forward on taking such advantage of us as much as they possbily could!!

Here they are trying again, doing their best to try to sneak critically important things past us.

How can they ever expect us to trust them enough to agree to anything with them regarding this?

Now I see why we have had to be so firm in our stand and it seems that on their present track we will have to continue to stand firmly on this and refuse to budge.

The truth must be beyond their ability.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've also been tuned in intermittently this am too.

One bright spot - the Amendment offered by Allard (CO-R; I think NumbersUSA has sent out a message about it and also has some info posted on their website) is aimed at forcing the Social Security Admit. to share information related (with other Fed. Agencies - esp. law enforcement) to mismatched and cases of multiple use of SSNs. This would begin to put the things in place to start enforcing ID Theft problems in a serious way.

The above is all paraphrase in my words, but I think gives a pretty good overall idea....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well Phred I did not clearly express what I saw happen, but I did my best. I was unable to come immediately to post what I witnessed, and by the time I could my exact details were not absolutely complete. But I know what I saw happened and what I saw was Chertoff trying to evade the question and take it down another path. That much I know.

I think Allard did do about the best out of all of them.

When they talked about how the U.S. might best serve the country by requiring more eduacation such as Australia and Canada.....did you see Lehy start talking about his father and the fact that he was successful without a high school diploma. Geesh. If we factor in Lehy's age his father must have been successful without a H.S. diploma in a very different time in America's history!!

Please.....Senators........give us a break. Pleeeeeeeze!! Get real, get with it and if all of this is too much for you to handle, please....resign....retire......do something!!

They were all pathetic, Chertoffs partner in crime there was even more pathetic, looked like he was going to be sick every time he had to answer a question. He so badly wanted to say just open the border and let them all in.! what scum bag traitors, it was a circus!!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

I think Senator Feinstein seems to making SOME sense. Chertoff sounds more like an idiot everytime he speaks.

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan3_rm.a ... V&Code=CS3

Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    I think Senator Feinstein seems to making SOME sense. Chertoff sounds more like an idiot everytime he speaks.

http://www.c-span.org/watch/cspan3_rm.a ... V&Code=CS3
    I think Feinstein is getting an ear full and begging to rethink her position!Lets hope, but they are not very trust worthy, May be she paid a visit to the same Mall as Arnold down in Calif. and some small amount of reality hit her.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Thanks for all the updates folks!

My .02....Chertoff being a liar is one thing and totally despicable but Leahy and all like him with no real backbone is a piece of crap and our real problem as far as I am concerned. We need real leadership here. Take the damn bull by the horns!

But what was even more pathetic was that Lehy didn't have the.....I don't know.....intelligence.....courage......principles. .......stamina......ability.....to insist that he come back and answer the real question. He just let it go, like a fool and an incapable representative of the American people.
    I agree 100% LUSC. That should never be let go. It is very much on point. It IS the point!
    [b]Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.
    - Arnold J. Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by AlturaCt
    Thanks for all the updates folks!

My .02....Chertoff being a liar is one thing and totally despicable but Leahy and all like him with no real backbone is a piece of crap and our real problem as far as I am concerned. We need real leadership here. Take the damn bull by the horns!

I agree 100% LUSC. That should never be let go. It is very much on point. It IS the point!

HEAR!! HEAR!!! IN TOTAL AGREEMENT!

I agree with all of you. I also don't want anyone to think because of my comments about Lehy that I don't have complete respect for our American elders because I certainly do! They are the ones who preserved and passed on our freedom to us. They deserve our utmost respect and appreciation and their knowledge and experience is of the greatest value to us. However, my point was that Senator Lehy should understand that although many things from the past are applicable and important in guiding our country's future, some things that pertained to his father's time simply do not fit in regard to illegal immigration today.

Also, I don't think that people without a H.S. diploma are of no good. Of course, we have many American heroes who never finished high school.
    Besides, all people can bring good things to our country, education is not the only way to sum up the worthiness and goodness of a person.

I just want them to stay on track, stick with the facts, utilize their common sense (if they have any) and most of all it would be greatly appreciated if they would hold themselves to complete and total honesty with the American people on this.

I think that is what we are most asking for. They might want to talk about the fact that everytime President Bush has as much as mentioned "Guest Worker Program" illegal aliens have rushed over our border.

And they need to stop saying the motivation of illegals is a desire to do the "jobs Americans don't want to do" and discuss the pay of these jobs. Also I want them to discuss how many Americans are being killed everyday as a result of their failure to enforce our laws.

All of these things need to be brought out of the closet, because, WE, the people know that they are in there.

Quote Originally Posted by LegalUSCitizen
    I agree with all of you. I also don't want anyone to think because of my comments about Lehy that I don't have complete respect for our American elders because I certainly do! They are the ones who preserved and passed on our freedom to us. They deserve our utmost respect and appreciation and their knowledge and experience is of the greatest value to us. However, my point was that Senator Lehy should understand that although many things from the past are applicable and important in guiding our country's future, some things that pertained to his father's time simply do not fit in regard to illegal immigration today.

Also, I don't think that people without a H.S. diploma are of no good. Of course, we have many American heroes who never finished high school.
    Besides, all people can bring good things to our country, education is not the only way to sum up the worthiness and goodness of a person.

I just want them to stay on track, stick with the facts, utilize their common sense (if they have any) and most of all it would be greatly appreciated if they would hold themselves to complete and total honesty with the American people on this.

I think that is what we are most asking for. They might want to talk about the fact that everytime President Bush has as much as mentioned "Guest Worker Program" illegal aliens have rushed over our border.

And they need to stop saying the motivation of illegals is a desire to do the "jobs Americans don't want to do" and discuss the pay of these jobs. Also I want them to discuss how many Americans are being killed everyday as a result of their failure to enforce our laws.

All of these things need to be brought out of the closet, because, WE, the people know that they are in there.

Legal you are exactly right in your last statement and as for the first one you have absolutely nothing to apologize for as that statement was also completely on target, not one of us could have said it better!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast