Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We could use an expose, 60 Minutes style

Maybe someone here has connections to an investigative reporter?

How about getting a few legal Latinos who support doing things the right way, and a matching number of legal Americans to apply for various jobs in various locations. For instance, entry level jobs at Walmart, or McDonalds, etc. anywhere where illegal help predominates. Our volunteers could all carry small tape recorders and/or be taped by hidden cameras. Of course the legal Latinos would have to act like they barely speak English and have no documents or obviously fake ones, like an American surname on the documents offered. etc.

I'd like to know the pay offered to the illegals vs. minimum wage, or the going rate for whatever job. Also why are qualified legals turned away and the illegals hired. In any situation where the illegal is chosen over the legal applicant it would be good to have audio or videotaped documentation.

What jobs are offered to whom, at what rate etc. Who is turned away and why. How do they deal with fake ID, and social security cards etc. You get the picture. The employers who bend the law and favor illegals could be interviewed after and ask why they did so.

The finished product could go to Dobbs or to any of the talk show hosts, or even be aired on some station that has the guts to do it.
    “Homeland Security? What Homeland Security ?”

Good idea, also to add the angel of discrimination as some of us spoke of earlier tonight. Were they have lost several good jobs they would have loved to have, because they couldn't speak spanish. The jobs were given to people less qualified just because they could speak spanish.

My son was turned down for an after school job at McDonalds. The reasoning (and I can't believe they were arrogant enough to tell him) was because he could not communicate with the cooks! Well Mr McDonald's manager, hire American, and we wouldn't have that problem. I'll never go to another McDonalds as long as I live!!

What arrogance of the MacDonald manager! I live in Miami and sometimes I feel a foreigner in my own country. They do not even ask if you speak Spanish, they talk to you in their language and expect you to answer. I speak Spanish fluently (I am not Hispanic) but I refuse to answer them in their language. I tell them "I am an American and the language of this country is English." Some switch to English but the majority just stare at me. So I call them "stupid" and somethign else in Spanish.

Younger Cubans and some other nationalities from central and Latin America, however, speak English and some even do not speak Spanish well. But not the illegals Mexicans. We know who they are not only because of their features but their ignorance of our language, customs, and culture.

In Miami, the minority is the majority and their bureaucracy is terrible. And the traffic... Miami definitely became a third world city!

Marie, in California the "minority" HAS been the majority for many years.
    I recommend that anybody who has the time should go onto the US Census website and look at the demographics. It's frightening and enlightening simultaneously. The projections for the years to come are a nightmare here in this state.
    <div>Want some ICE with that cervesa?</div>

Does anyone have 60 minute or Dateline links so be can blitz them with the Minutemen betray and attack stories? We need coverage on that to get more americans going! ASAP!