Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

We have touched an issue that is very dear to my heart SSi

I started working in 1977, joined the service in 1979. I had been working up until 2002. I have applied for ssd ssi and i have conditions and medical problems and needs that prevent me from working it is no fault of my own just soemthing i inherited from my grandmother and if i continue to try to be in the work force i could be exposed to something and stop breathing and die.
    We this nation i know have beenvery liberal as far as treating, drug addicts and obiesety, and alchoholism as diseases. And i know many people who collect them checks and they are soo able to do something.
    and its frustrating. But would you throw those who collect ssd or ssi whop have never worked because they are severely disabled. I would hope not
    . We should take care of our own and stop giving aid to countries who abuse our laws, and we definately sh0ould not be giving SSd SSi to a people who used fraudulant ss cards and numbers to illegaly work in this country .
    But please dont attack the ones who are our citizens who really cannot work because of say. downs syndrome or something like that !!
    Thank you
    steven doherty

I understand were your at completely. I broke my back at age 17 and have been medically and officaly disable ever since. But, I wanted to marry, which cuts off those funds. And also wanted to work. Over the last 7 years of piss poor economy i was forced to take jobs that phyically i shouldn't have done. But, I wanted to be a productive human being and didn't want to live in absolute poverty till i die. In the process of working these garbage jobs i got hurt again! Now I cannot find work anywhere.

Bush is sucessfully draining social security anyway he can. It isn't just the illegals. They will just speed up the process. Over the last few years he has a number of times taken 20 milion here and 50 million there in loans out of the fund. Has NEVER paid it back!

That is a thought that has run threw my mind now that I am forced onto SSI. What happens to the truely disabled when it is all gone? I think i know the answer and it isn't pretty. Long gone are the days were family take care of one another. To find That is the exception to the rule here in America now. I have already heard what La Raza thinks of our elderly and their opinion of what to do with them after they "take over" i can just imagine what they will do with the disabled.

I've recovered from most of my problems and I feel much better now. However, I was out of commission and pretty much housebound for 5 years and I couldn't get any help either. I'm so sorry you are going through that! I went to the SS office packed with non-English speakers and I got nothing. I'm just too American.

We should take care of our own
    Including our Vets and seniors. Amen! Not only that, our own disaster victims. Was it the Andrew survivors that had to fend for themselves for weeks? Then Katrina.

Here is one example: In April 2006, Bush offered money to Iran for Earthquake relief. The people that want to nuke us. Sketchy, what the monetary offer was..
    President Bush made the offer Friday, which included temporary housing for 100,000 people, blankets, plastic sheeting, water and $150,000 in cash assistance.
    http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...333/-1/ARCHIVE

Here is a recent example: Tuesday, May 30, 2006
    U.S. boosts contribution to Indonesia
    WASHINGTON --The United States has again upped its contribution for assistance to victims of this weekend's devastating earthquake in Indonesia, allocating $5 million in emergency aid, the White House said Tuesday.

The Bush administration initially announced $500,000 in aid after the quake struck early Saturday, and by the end of the day had increased that amount to $2.5 million.

The United States has also sent a medical team of Marines from Japan to help with the response. A disaster assistance response team from the U.S. Agency for International Development is being readied and the amphibious assault ship USS Essex, which has extensive medical facilities, is en route to the affected area, White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.

"We are continuing to assess further needs and are prepared to help our Indonesian friends in any way that we can," she said.

Of the $5 million, $1 million is in response to an emergency appeal by the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.
    http://www.boston.com/news/world/asi..._to_indonesia/

Our government can sure throw our money around to take care of everyone else but American Citizens.
    Bush, "attend to your own backyard"!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    I understand were your at completely. I broke my back at age 17 and have been medically and officaly disable ever since. But, I wanted to marry, which cuts off those funds. And also wanted to work.
    I've never heard that someone couldn't marry -- that's a violation of your privacy rights.

I've always considered the United States a charitable country, but we still have citizens of this country living in tents with no electricity, etc. after Hurricane Katrina.

take care of the veterans, the elderly, the disabled, the displaced -
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

Americans are fed up

American is fed up with our goverment doing more for others and almost ignoring Americans needs. Somone said that we have woken up. We are going to start be INVOLVED more in our govement.
    True story. Here in the county I live in I personally know a lady who is diabetic and needed her leg amputated below the knee. She had no insurance. Did not qualify for Medicaid. To get on this counties Public Assistance she had to get a divorce. I was so upset but my hands were tied.
    I hope that I never sit back again and let our govement do basically what it wants to do. We need to have our goverment change the way Americans are treated. We need to be first.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    I've recovered from most of my problems and I feel much better now. However, I was out of commission and pretty much housebound for 5 years and I couldn't get any help either. I'm so sorry you are going through that! I went to the SS office packed with non-English speakers and I got nothing. I'm just too American.

We should take care of our own
    Including our Vets and seniors. Amen! Not only that, our own disaster victims. Was it the Andrew survivors that had to fend for themselves for weeks? Then Katrina.

Here is one example: In April 2006, Bush offered money to Iran for Earthquake relief. The people that want to nuke us. Sketchy, what the monetary offer was.. [quote:kqi8ea7t]President Bush made the offer Friday, which included temporary housing for 100,000 people, blankets, plastic sheeting, water and $150,000 in cash assistance.
    http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...333/-1/ARCHIVE

Here is a recent example: Tuesday, May 30, 2006
    U.S. boosts contribution to Indonesia
    WASHINGTON --The United States has again upped its contribution for assistance to victims of this weekend's devastating earthquake in Indonesia, allocating $5 million in emergency aid, the White House said Tuesday.

The Bush administration initially announced $500,000 in aid after the quake struck early Saturday, and by the end of the day had increased that amount to $2.5 million.

The United States has also sent a medical team of Marines from Japan to help with the response. A disaster assistance response team from the U.S. Agency for International Development is being readied and the amphibious assault ship USS Essex, which has extensive medical facilities, is en route to the affected area, White House deputy press secretary Dana Perino said.

"We are continuing to assess further needs and are prepared to help our Indonesian friends in any way that we can," she said.

Of the $5 million, $1 million is in response to an emergency appeal by the International Federation of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, State Department spokesman Sean McCormack said.
    http://www.boston.com/news/world/asi..._to_indonesia/

Our government can sure throw our money around to take care of everyone else but American Citizens.
    Bush, "attend to your own backyard"!

Dixie[/quote:kqi8ea7t]
    We the People. You the Invader

Katrina and Gulf coast - how about them???????
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Take care of our own first

I feel for Americans citizens denied benefits that are freely given to illegals.

I drove a girlfriend around all afternoon about ten years back and tried to get her admitted into a hospital; she had no insurance. She was turned away at every hospital. She is an American citizen, she worked for years and at the time was experiencing some sort of breakdown. One hospital referred her to an outpatient facility which had a long waiting list. All the while she was literally freaking out in my car. I finally got her family physician to meet me at a hospital, they would not admit her but he was able to give her some med's until she could get into to see the people at the outpatient facility.

What a disgrace. I saw no illegals being turned away.
    Tom Tancredo - Jeff Sessions 2008 !!!

Scarlett
    Uphold and Protect the United States Constitution; not the Mexican revolution.

SSI is handeled like welfare. Every person you live with is counted in income. If you marry his income is yours. I did marry. They took it all away. Had a baby the same year. Had to pay the OBGYN $1,500 up front before delivery. We lived on $6,000 to $8,000 a year income the first 3 years we were married.

The minute you go over $300 a month in income that you may make or anyone else you live with, you are completely cut off. Prior to the $300 or so marker they just keep making your check smaller and smaller. Another words you can never get ahead or stable. You cannot have life insurance, any savings etc. One huge trap of poverty just like welfare. On SSI it don't matter how long you paid into it. Same with welfare.

Disability allowed a tiny amount of income to be made along with the monthly check. But, i do not know if that is even allowed anymore. It was something nuts like only $2000 a year extra income above what they give you.

Divorcied year later, had just moved here and could find no work the first 6 months. One child still at home. Welfare told me since i got $600 in child suppost i didn't qualify for anything but $50 in food stamps. I sat there and cried. knowing I had an eviction knowtise in my pocket, the first one I had ever had in my life. In a new state with no family. Then told them to shove their $50 in food stamps, all that would buy is bread and milk. We lived off of $600 a month but, we were "white Americans". Fell threw the cracks everywhere i went. So my crippled up rear end went and took a Burger King job ( the jobs Americans won't do and other Americans snub their noses at you if you take it) till i could find something better.

Another note: Employers around here love to find out your a single mother with no man. They take advantage of you, give you lower pay, work you harder and more hours and mess you around any way they can. Because they know you are desperate and they can. I get a bit touchy when I here Americans spousing to abolish all social services. always talking about all the lazy people on it. No it wasn't meant for that i agree. But, you have to set up a system that is there when honest people need real help, and once on it that you can get stable enough to get off. The way it has been set up for years, everything they do an say is to keep you on it. Idealy they should allow you to find a job and give you 2 to 3 months of duel income to become stable enough to make the transition off the welfare. They should also allow you to apply for grants to re educate yourself so you can find work. The way it is done and has been done does not support anyone to make that transition.

People who talk that, have truely never been down and out, and are out of touch with how many Americans are and have been at least once in their lives. Not everyone has lots of family to support them. Not everyone has parents who hand out $500 in cash for birthday and Christmas presents. Not everyone has a mom and dad left alive to go move in with.

There are American children in Kentucky and West Virginia who are still living in complete poverty. No running water, well gone bad, malnourished, clothing worn out and ill fitting. Bare foot with only hand me down shoes given once a year for school. And dinner is a butter sandwich. You can imagine after all my stuggles how much this ALL pisses me off that the great USA doesn't give a damn about its own.

unless you're self-employed. They don't get SSI

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    SSI is handeled like welfare. Every person you live with is counted in income. If you marry his income is yours.
    The minute you go over $300 a month in income that you may make or anyone else you live with, you are completely cut off. Prior to the $300 or so marker they just keep making your check smaller and smaller. Another words you can never get ahead or stable. You cannot have life insurance, any savings etc. One huge trap of poverty just like welfare. On SSI it don't matter how long you paid into it. Same with welfare.

Disability allowed a tiny amount of income to be made along with the monthly check. But, i do not know if that is even allowed anymore. It was something nuts like only $2000 a year extra income above what they give you.

Jazzy
    unless you're self-employed. They don't get SSI
    Self employment has nothing to do with SSI. SSI is when they determine you haven't worked long enough and paid in enough to disability. Disability is a separate and slightly different claim process. Something like 20 years of consecutive employment. They send you threw that first then tell you NO then make you go threw SSI next.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast