Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by txkayaker
    You've got all these seniors, most of whom have been so conditioned to look to social security and Medicaid to save them -- I have to ask -- what did they do all their lives to arrive at old age so broke that they need the government to take care of their every need?
    I happen to be one of the seniors that you dislike so much. The reason I have not provided for my retirement better is because the government took all money that I was trying to set aside. If you want to discuss social security, then the discussion should start with the implementation in 1935. In 1935 social security was set up as a retirement system for people of lower & middle income. In 1939 welfare was added to social security in the form of disability insurance. At some point this year social security will begin paying more for welfare than we are paying for retirement. You cannot run a retirement system with all this money being siphoned for welfare. I have been paying into this retirment system(social security) for over 60 years. I feel that this is a paid intitlement. It is not my fault that all this money is wasted on welfare.
    I think the problem that we need to address with social security is the people who receive it who are not entitled to it. If you are over 65 and have never paid a dime into it and you immigrate here, you are allowed to receive social security. Why is that allowed? I am sure they are also on medicare/medicaid as well-meanwhile us Americans have to pay for our healthcare.

Also the social security disability is out of hand. I remember watching a show on tv where these 8 year old kids get some type of payment from social security for having "disabilities". Now I am not talking about legitimate American kids with disabilities-real disablities I do not have a problem with. The undercover story proved the mothers were feeding the kids tons of sugar and 'trained" them on how to behave like they had "issues".

How about the illegals who are receiving social security disability as well? There are plenty who are collecting it.

Plus how many illegals are receivng social security that they are not entitled too?

If an American paid into social security-they are entitled to receive it and I have no problem with that. I do believe that our social security system needs serious changes. How come cutting off everyone who does not deserve to receive it is never the starting point? Instead the Americans are always the ones to "suffer".

Regarding all entitlements. We have all stated that by cutting illegals off of all freebies-and I even believe all types of medical care would be a good start. If they could not receive any freebies-many would leave on their own.

We have fostered a great environment of entitlement inthis country. It has been abused by citizens and illegals alike. Generations upon generation are on welfare. Some of them never work a day in their lives and drive around in fancy cars etc. On Saturday, I was behind a woman in the supermarket "buying" babyfood and formula. She pulled out a WIC coupon to"pay" for that-then proceeded to buy $24 lobster tail. It felt so nice not only buying her kids food but also her Lobster tail for the Pats game.

The thing that bothers me is these crooks-whether illegal or illegal get all there freebies and live it up. The rest of us hard working Americans pay for it and cannot afford to save as much as we should because we pay for ourselves and for the crooks.

Social security is a program you pay for at 8.50% of your income how is that a give a-way? Government employees and others don't pay in to it. I wish those who didn't pay into it couldn't get it. There was a time when employers had pension plans and medical plans not anymore. There was a time when children took care of their parents not anymore. So whats the answer blame the victim? People think they are going retire on their 401k plans may be in for a rude awaking the way things are going. I'm lucky I have a 401k and pension plan etc what about you people younger people what do you have? I paid for 30 plus years in to fica the maximum amount where's my money and isn't it owed to me? Government mismanagement wasted my money and spent it and now I don't deserve my own money?

Re: We need to stop this entitlement society

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    When I step back and look at all the problems we're having, it can really be traced to the fact that many Americans look to the government to provide for them -- for everything -- their schooling, their healthcare, their retirement, etc.

You've got all these seniors, most of whom have been so conditioned to look to social security and Medicaid to save them -- I have to ask -- what did they do all their lives to arrive at old age so broke that they need the government to take care of their every need? I realize things do cost more, but really, we've all got to know that inflation continues and we need to prepare for it by saving. Many of them HAD to have had equity in their homes -- much more than we do now at this point.

And now we have illegals demanding that they receive all this assistance.

What we need is a president who will STOP this entitlement mentality in every single sector -- from education, to healthcare, to retirement to home ownership. I'm not even sure a President can stop it ... Americans, and all who come here need to know that if you want it, you're going to WORK for it. Same goes for ALL Americans.

We have become a country of helpless idiots -- no one wants to work, everyone wants loads of credit and material goods, without having to work for them. And everyone wants also to continue their bad habits of spending, mistreating their bodies, their families, getting divorces, et,c etc. Our lifestyles just COST so much.

I have seen this with many young people I know as well. All of them want the world for nothing.

And I think now most Americans are into this entitlement thinking, so the Democratic promises sound GREAT. Everyone feels the "super rich" can pay for them, and that everyone will have everything they want and need, without having to work for it.

Oh well -- sorry to rant, but I've never expected anything from anybody. I don't think for one minute I will be able to live on any social security I've got coming to me ...I just think about what Job I can get and how it will sustain me. I think about owning a home, so I'll have a place to live .. and working for it. I don't TAKE -- I work.

It seems you have the Americans who WORK, and then those who TAKE.

We've got to get more workers, and less takers. Not a small minority working and earning, and an increasing minority who takes.
    Well some of us never have enough left over after bills to save anything for the future Everything keeps going up, up, up except minimum.
    My parents never had anything left after the paid the bills were paid and taking care of me and my 2 sisters and my nephew also, Some people may have money left over but we aren't even making our bills and I am so far behind I don't think I am ever gonna catch up

Does anyone know how long the IRS gives you to pay your taxes before the take you to jail ???
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

You got it!

More big government is on the way.

21 million government workers.
    65 million on medicare.
    Alot of businesses and their employee's are counting on bigger government to grow. Now we know why governments are intergrating with businesses, so they can control them and they never go out of business because govco has a stake in making them work.

and on and on.

Who's going to vote for cuts during hard times?
    Not most.

Its a set up social welfare society.
    No more personal responsibility.

This is why we have all those TV channels nobody wants, so govco can spread their agenda. A few will watch them and thats another few they have brainwashed or attention diverted from the real issues.
    Why are we paying and supporting channels nobody wants?
    We should be able to recieve and pay for the channels we want or don't want.

More information:
    Downlaod Winamp,then go to shoucast radio which is included in Winamp.
    Search for talk radio stations and there you will find the GCN Network.
    Any of the GNC Network channels have talk shows devoted to what is going on. There are also many other channels besides the GCN network that are talking about what is going on as well as Christian channels talking about the global agenda. These are grass roots channels.
    And you might want to listen to Alex Jones.
    Sometimes he gets way out there on stuff but a lot of it is true.
    Alex sometimes has top economist that tell the truth about America's debt and the plans of the globalist. Which also includes this illegal immigration policy of defacto amnesty.
    Unless we get those criminals & make them pay for what they have done to our country and the lawlessness they have sponsored, we are just another Mexico ourselves!

Maybe FEWER greedy employer exploiters of illegals would help, too!

txkayaker; Amen to you! I know many seniors who were counting on pensions and such who after 40 yrs. working realized either they went bankrupt, or were not at all worth what they were told. Additionally I know here in IL our Teachers Pension Fund has beed raided to the point of almost being broke. The fault I believe is 100% on all the "give away programs" our government offers on state, local, and federal levels. But you see those are the one's who are voting. How many times have you heard a frustrated voter say "I don't like any candidate so I'm staying home"? DO YOU THINK Joe welfare isn't going to haul his butt out to re-elect the person who continues to accomodate him? We have only ourselves to blame, I have not missed a single election since the day I turned 18 but just within the circle of people I know, I'd say only 3 out of 10 are even registered. And they won't listen when I try to explain the importance of voting.

Social Security must live on because if odinary Americans aren't even able to earn a 'livable' wage, how are they expected to save the thousands of dollars needed for retirement? Investments are really risky, even the ones with low risk, considering this day and age. Amercians are only saving about 2-4% of their gross pay these days, if that. That wasn't the case 40 years ago. Wages have been staggering for 30 years and our jobs are being outsourced and the invasion has taken a lot of the blue-collar jobs, what is it that greedy Republicans who don't want to pay for anything but the pentagon expect people to do? Stay healthy or die? Live on the streets? What, you tell me? Most of who have worked all of their life, paid their taxes and lived by the rules have had their prosperity taken away by corruption in government and the private sector (ie: the Enron scandle).
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12