Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Website bug

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I will ask our Communications Director, Daryl Jurbala to come and reaffirm this but no pop ups have been added to ALIPAC per my knowledge.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I seem to be ok as long as the blocker is on. I had just come from MySpace before it began and it seems i am always having problems with that site. Its rediculas. Thank you for all the concern i appreciate that.

Makes me feel loved.

go get zone alarm and secure your computer.
    I agree. I have Zone alarm pro and also Norton's. Seems to protect when others fail.

Re: Website bug

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    I am being bombarded with none stop pop up ads, and now my forum theme has revereted back to the original. Think something is up with website.

I have run two different spy ware programs and removed 50 some bad items. And it is still happening.
    Where did you get your avatar? Because I had some similar problems when I had an avatar from a weird website. Go back to the site you got it from and see if it doesnt keep giving you lots of ads when you are just browsing that site. That COULD be it, but I am definitely not a computer person.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I have had this avatar for about a week now, and the problem only began last night.

As for additional virus programs Norton is notorius for not being a software that can be mixed with others. I have read serveral warrnings about it. And had many many problems trying to mix McFee with Norton. Most I can safely do is mic spyware, ad Aware programs with it. Have Mozilla email. To add additional security.

Foxfire browser, last time I tried it was a serious pain in the you know what. Unless they changed it. It was way to slow on dial up, had annoying blocks that i had to constantly click to open pages and images. So I went back to Avant. I prefer browsers that allow a multipage tool bar. It works great when doing alot of graphics and web design.

Re: Website bug

Quote Originally Posted by Jezzabell
    I am being bombarded with none stop pop up ads, and now my forum theme has revereted back to the original. Think something is up with website.

I have run two different spy ware programs and removed 50 some bad items. And it is still happening.
    Nothing "is up" with this site. Your computer got owned, see the advice above for disinfection and prevention.

There are no advertisments on this site. None. Not pop-up, not pop-under, not anything. This site does not get hacked, and if it does, it's detected nearly immediately because all files are monitored for consistance against known fingerprints.

Lets put this to bed now: web sites that put sypware on your computer are typically designed to do so, and not sites that were exploited. This web site falls into neither category.

DEFENS
    I can't use my FOXFIRE on Alipac. It actually worked for a few weeks and then one day.......the entire thing went caflooy

the only way I can work here is with explorer. so I use firefox for everything else.
    Anyway to fix that?

What's Foxfire? Do you mean Firefox? That's what I'm using now and use every day to read and administer ALIPAC. Again, if you're having a problem, chances are somewhere north of 99.99% that it's a problem with your browser or computer. When you have as many visitors as we do, problems are detected and resolved VERY quickly.

If one browser on your machine works and another doesn't (but only on specific sites) its entirely probable that there is a cookie problem with that browser. Try deleting all cookies in that browser and logging in again.

This is not alipac.us specific advice. It's general advice on any site that use cookie-based logins that stop working with a browser or act unpredictably.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I can't use my FOXFIRE on Alipac. It actually worked for a few weeks and then one day.......the entire thing went caflooy
    Anyway to fix that?
    I think so. Internet explorer is very interwoven with the operating system and therefore allows the Browser to cache as much data as it wants (ie: stuff you see in your browser), third party browsers like Firefox can only cache as many MB of info as allowed in the settings. The default on version 1.5.0.3 seems to be 50MB, once my browser reaches that pre-set it starts choking on almost every website I feed it. With Firefox open, go to tools menu, options, then to the privacy tab. You will see a bunch of tabs with "cache" at the right side. Change the default 50 to 500. That will help, but down below you will see a button marked settings, this button will open a dialog box which will allow you to control what items are cleared when Firefox is closed. Make sure it clears the cache and that should help too! To test this use Firefox on any website where it goes carflooy, when it stops working go to the tools menu at the top, click then click on the clear private data, if it works again then firefox is choking on the cache. Also Firefox seems to be a bit sensitive to being updated, under the help menu there is a check for updates, do it. It can be a bit of a pain, but it is a darn sight safer than IE and it's free.
    "Let my name stand among those who are willing to bear ridicule and reproach for the truth's sake." -- Louisa May Alcott

Thanks for coming and answering these questions Daryl.

W

Yeah, thanks, I got firefox, zone alarm, trojan hunter...lol...but I'd just had my pc hijacked last month and the stuff I'd put on since then wasn't working too too well.

This seems to be doing good so far. I'd had the pro version of zone alarm on one of my computers...I think I like the free version better.

Thanks again,
    MJ

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast