Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Week Without Dollars

This is MY last try to rally MILLIONS into doing something. In order for it to work will require vast numbers of emails being sent everywhere, as well as a simple letter you can print off cheaply enough and get into the hands of everyone you come into contact with.

I've been seeing complaint after complaint that we just haven't done enough to show this government that we mean business. I don't believe a nationwide march or protest is going to be something most people will want to leave their jobs to do. But what we can do is arrange a full WEEK, with ample time to get word out.

I'm calling for ZERO spending during the entire SECOND week of June. From Sunday to Sunday. Contact every news outlet you can to inform them you are taking part in this "Week Without Dollars" exercise, as well as your Congressmen/women

If you participate, don't buy anything at all for one week. Don't hoard in the weeks before either, as all that will do is create an excess one week but nothing another week - cancelling out the effort.

Only bare essentials should be purchased during this week - the least amount of grocery possible and the least amount of fuel possible, mainly to and from work ONLY.

No eating out for one full week. NO WAL-MART or TARGET for one full week. Nothing but a little food, water and a little fuel to get to and from work.

If we can get millions involved in doing this during the second week of June (Sunday to Sunday) we will make a mass statement that many corporate pocketbooks will never forget.

All one must do is resolve to participate, get friends and family to participate (and to spread the word) - and then write a short letter to media outlets letting them know it is in counter-demonstration over illegal immigration.

Short, easy and to the point.

Send this entire message as an email to as many as you can (those you know - don't spam). Forward this message to everyone on your email lists and in your contacts - knowing that millions will be participating right along with you.

This is a very sincere and urgent email message. If Congress passes the Immigration Reform bill that the Senate recently passed, this nation is headed for irreversible damage and possibly yet another terrorist attack which would make September 11, 2001 look like a Sunday School picnic.

Join in this effort with millions of others! Forward this message to as many as possible and then enjoy the savings of money you can put back during the second week of June, 2006.
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Please organize and we will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by sealyon
    Please organize and we will follow.
    If I organize, I don't intend on this being "organized" by myself this time around. I've already set up a website which is costing me $150 a month in bandwidth due to it's popularity. I expected a trickle of people to it who would download and mass disseminate the information. I never expected 21,000 some hits in one week with over 7,000 downloads.

I used to put it on here, but some things occurred which resulted in my being asked to remove the link from my signature as well.

In addition, email is the most rapid method of getting word out about something. To organize, one would need to pay for yet another hosting firm, yet another domain name, and organization such as you mention means we would have to move the "Week Without Dollars" forward at least two or three months if it's done through traditional print or a website. By then, Congress may have already passed a compromise bill with the Senate and GW Bush.

I've only offered a suggestion. I've pulled MORE than my own share of the activism over the past two months. This time, I've chosen to offer the suggestion and hoping a group forms to adopt it.

It is high time people realize that unless we will strike the right chord with MILLIONS, and get those MILLIONS to act - anything else is a lesson in futility.

Anyone care to adopt this idea along with me?? Give me a shout. If you feel we should move it forward further in time, let us come up with a series of weeks, place them on the table and then do things in an organized fashion - everyone here vote on it and offer suggestions and comments on how they would like to see it play out.

Also, if at least two or three others here would be willing to open a bank account with me so that we have at least a three-person committee for accountability over the funds - we could also begin donating into it ourselves along wth others from the general American public. The funds would be used for coordinating and advertising the "Week Without Dollars" campaign. (WILLIAM? Are you listening here?? Would you be willing to assist us in forming a campaign account for a "Week Without Dollars" national protest where accountability is ensured???)

Again... it's a suggestion. We need others who are interested in adopting the concept and then working WITH ME to implement it.

Waiting....

Kurt
    Pro Patri Vigilans! Death to Aztlan!!

Re: A Week Without Dollars

Quote Originally Posted by concernedveteran
    This is MY last try to rally MILLIONS into doing something. In order for it to work will require vast numbers of emails being sent everywhere, as well as a simple letter you can print off cheaply enough and get into the hands of everyone you come into contact with.

I've been seeing complaint after complaint that we just haven't done enough to show this government that we mean business. I don't believe a nationwide march or protest is going to be something most people will want to leave their jobs to do. But what we can do is arrange a full WEEK, with ample time to get word out.

I'm calling for ZERO spending during the entire SECOND week of June. From Sunday to Sunday. Contact every news outlet you can to inform them you are taking part in this "Week Without Dollars" exercise, as well as your Congressmen/women

If you participate, don't buy anything at all for one week. Don't hoard in the weeks before either, as all that will do is create an excess one week but nothing another week - cancelling out the effort.

Only bare essentials should be purchased during this week - the least amount of grocery possible and the least amount of fuel possible, mainly to and from work ONLY.

No eating out for one full week. NO WAL-MART or TARGET for one full week. Nothing but a little food, water and a little fuel to get to and from work.

If we can get millions involved in doing this during the second week of June (Sunday to Sunday) we will make a mass statement that many corporate pocketbooks will never forget.

All one must do is resolve to participate, get friends and family to participate (and to spread the word) - and then write a short letter to media outlets letting them know it is in counter-demonstration over illegal immigration.

Short, easy and to the point.

Send this entire message as an email to as many as you can (those you know - don't spam). Forward this message to everyone on your email lists and in your contacts - knowing that millions will be participating right along with you.

This is a very sincere and urgent email message. If Congress passes the Immigration Reform bill that the Senate recently passed, this nation is headed for irreversible damage and possibly yet another terrorist attack which would make September 11, 2001 look like a Sunday School picnic.

Join in this effort with millions of others! Forward this message to as many as possible and then enjoy the savings of money you can put back during the second week of June, 2006.
    You don`t seen to understand.Our Enemy knows it`s enemy better than we know our Enemy.
    Our Enemy knows that Americans are much more interested in buying a Cheap Screwdriver at Home Depot,than they are willing to wait ONE week to save their own country.That`s a FACT and you,or me,will never change it.It`s all about ME in America...all about ME.
    PS. America is a country or "Individuals".I will wager everything I own that the "Don`t Buy For A Week" will be less significant than the "Mexican Day Off".America is all about "ME"and that`s the bottom line,like it or not,that`s it.If Americans cared about other Americans,we would not be in the trouble we are in now,PERIOD!! The only time Americans have stood as one was during ww2.....it hasn`t happened sence.It won`t happen again either,unless EVERY AMERICAN IS TOUCHED BY THIS AMNESTY.At this point MOST AMERICANS ARE NOT EVER AWARE OF WHATS GOING ON IN AMERICA.

Vet what is your website url?

I'm with you. You need to contact Dianne in here she is with you too.

We can make a copy of the "Spectre" ammendment and use that to get the attention. Send letters to our local editors about the "week without dollars".

I am writing my congressmen about this right now and asking point blank what we can do about getting him out of office and repealing his agreements.

email me the information your website. Can you send to my direct mail or will it be in this format?
    "Liberty CANNOT be preserved without general knowledge among people" John Adams (August 1765)

concernedveteran - I am with you. I have been repsponsible for 1 of the downloads off your website and have been passing it around as much as possible along with another family of mine who is getting the info out at work (a very, very large retail monster corporation ) although very quitely.

Although being in Florida try not to schedule any "week without dollars" when a hurricaine is on the way to Florida or anywhere else or we down here will have a hard time staying with the program