Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WELL...YEAH!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

WELL...YEAH!

If she is typical, the rest can go too.
    I'm not interested in a Mexico Del Norte.

She's gone, do you want rest gone too?
    Little difference between Arellano, other 12 million illegal immigrants

August 21, 2007
    BY MARK BROWN Sun-Times Columnist
    In the end, Elvira Arellano asked for it. I'll grant you that. By making a run for Los Angeles, Arellano left federal immigration officials little choice but to grab her and deport her to Mexico -- bringing an end to her yearlong act of defiance since taking sanctuary in a Division Street church.

What puzzles me is all the people who seem to be cheering this outcome. I'm not.

If you're of the opinion that Arellano deserved to be sent back to Mexico, then it logically follows that you want all 12 million illegals to return there with her.

Do you?

I realize that's precisely what a certain segment of the population does want, but it seems there are people who would normally be more open-minded in their attitudes who are drawing some distinction between Arellano and the rest of the illegal immigrant population.

Maybe they don't understand: There's no real difference. Elvira Arellano's situation is very typical.

She tried to sneak into the country. She got caught. She tried again and made it. She obtained fake IDs to get a job. She made a life here. She had a child. All this puts her in the mainstream of the illegal immigrant community.

It's only then that her story diverges somewhat from the rest, mainly because Arellano's job was doing janitorial work at O'Hare Airport. In the post-9/11 wave of security consciousness, she was swept up in a raid ostensibly aimed at making the airport safe from terrorists. When officials discovered that Arellano was using somebody else's Social Security number, she was criminally prosecuted.

Fake IDs a problem, face crack down
    OK, we can't have workers taking other people's Social Security numbers, potentially messing up their lives.

But how do you think the other 12 million are supporting themselves?

If they are working in any industry where they are required to provide documentation, then they are using a false Social Security number, just like Arellano. That's probably most of them, only they haven't been so unfortunate as to be criminally prosecuted. The rest are probably working for cash, and how is that better?

Are these immigrants taking false Social Security numbers in an effort to steal somebody else's identity, use their credit? No, they're trying to work and support themselves. In most cases, they've probably used their own name, address and date of birth.

If they're lucky or smart or obtained their fake ID from somebody who is smart, then they are using a Social Security number that hasn't yet been assigned to another individual or belonged to someone who has died. That way they don't expose themselves to identity theft charges.

If we were to give them a legal means to work, most would take advantage of it. But we can't agree politically on how to do that.

Knowing all this, employers have been hiring illegal immigrants anyway. If you look around you, it would appear there is a demand for their services.

But I guess we're about to find out. The federal government is in the process of cracking down on fake Social Security numbers, and by late next month, a whole lot of illegal immigrants are going to be out of work, the consequence of which is unknown.

Took guts to stay and fight
    The other distinguishing aspect to Arellano's story is that when she was ordered to leave, she didn't quietly comply, nor did she slip off into the masses and relocate someplace else in the U.S. She chose to stay and fight it out publicly, making herself the human face of this bitter dispute. That took guts.

As a nation, however, we seem to like it better when Mexicans stay out of sight.

I believe a lot of people don't like Arellano simply because they find her "uppity."

Yes, I use the word advisedly, aware of its historical connotations. (And no, Arellano never should have compared herself to Rosa Parks. It was presumptuous.)

Then there are those who are irritated because Arellano has put her 8-year-old son out front in the controversy. I didn't care for that much either.

But I can understand why she did it. People need to see there are families involved in these situations, young children included.

Because he was born here, Arellano's son is a U.S. citizen. He's entitled to stay here. If we say he can stay but his mother has to go back to Mexico, what kind of a choice is that for a young boy?

The anti-immigration crowd says one down, 12 million to go.

I hope the rest of you think it through.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/brown/5183 ... 21.article

fake IDs to get a job
    No she was using someone's SS number and they were getting dinged for the taxes.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The fact remains that these people are in this country illegally. They knew they were breaking the law when they broke into the country, then started using false documents. It makes no difference where they got the documents, it's still a felony.

And Elvira's son is not a citizen just because he was born here. If the law was interpreting our birthright laws the way they were intended, there would be no separation of families. When illegals make a decision to come here univited, they should have to suffer the consequences instead of demanding that the American people suck it up.

The whole thing is simple. Enforce the laws and let them go home and fight to make their own government better, just like we have to do here. We don't owe our American dreams to everybody in the world.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: WELL...YEAH!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK BROWN OF THE LEFTIST MSM
    The anti-immigration crowd says one down, 12 million to go.

I hope the rest of you think it through.
    that's right "Mr" Brown, you of the source of the problem, you the advocate of chaos, you the advocate of breaking any laws you feel like, just because you can.... ALL illegal invaders should be deported, you got it buddy!

and we've thought it through plenty, you supercilious pompous jackass.

it's sad that we have such quislings and sissies in this nation that they have to "think through" whether having a sovereign nation is a good idea.

My, oh my, where to even begin with these liberal bleeding hearts. Only "a certain segment of the population" (only those "evil, heartless, xenophobes"), actually want the illegals gone? I have news for Mr. Brown; that "certain segment of the population" would be, by most polls, some 70 to 80 percent of the American people! Oh, I forgot, we don't count....not part of the elite liberal media, don't you see?

"If we would give them a legal means to work, most would take advantage of it". Well, in fact I'm sure they would like to steal some more American jobs, but it seems Mr. Brown and his friends in the media casually assume that the rest of us unwashed serfs have no say in the process, which we just showed we most certainly do when we shot down their shamnesty bill! Note to Mr. Brown and company: We'll do the same with the next one too! Try us!

"If you look around you, it would appear there is a demand for their services"I'm sure there is. In this day when business ethics is a contradiction in terms, I'm quite sure there are plenty of companies who wouldn't think twice about fattening their bottom line with illegal labor hired at substandard wages. Mr. Brown and his friends may give a rat's backside for these greedy and unscrupulous employers; but I can assure him that I do not, and neither do the vast majority of working Americans. Let the CEO's cry in their martinis at the country club. So what? Oh and about those jobs "Americans won't do"-after a certain plant in Texas was raided and it's illegal workforce removed for deportation proceedings, the jobs were soon filled, by, (you guessed it ) formerly unemployed Americans!

"Took guts to stay and fight" Mr. Brown has a strange definition of "guts", I think; when someone hides behind the doors of a "sanctuary church" I find that cowardly. Of course how many truly courageous people can you find in the media (or corporate) elites? Most of the leading figures there are from my generation; they were the ones protesting the Vietnam War and dodging the draft, while the rest of us were serving our country. They were probably the ones spitting on us too; oh well, I suppose some things just never change.

"The anti-immigration crowd says one down, twelve million to go". Notice he says anti-immigration, not anti-illegal immigration. That's not just stretching the truth, that's a lie! As for the rest, I can assure Mr. Brown that we wish it was ONLY twelve million! His numbers, like his thinking, are more than a little off.
    __________________________________________________ ___________________________________

"I've never given anybody hell; I just tell the truth on them, and they think it's hell!" - Harry Truman

The gov't made the decision to give citizenship to anchor babies, not the citizens of the US. The parents that decide to breed knowing they are risking separation make the decision to take the chance of separating their families,not the American people.
    THEY ROLL THE DICE,THEY TAKES THEIR CHANCES
    Does this writer think these same "good,hard working folks" would be this merciful to us if the shoe were on the other foot?We all know the answer to that,the writer does too,he just wants to believe himself more "higherminded" than the rest of us.

Head 'em up,move 'em out Rawhide!

What puzzles me is all the people who seem to be cheering this outcome. I'm not.

If you're of the opinion that Arellano deserved to be sent back to Mexico, then it logically follows that you want all 12 million illegals to return there with her.

Do you?
    OF COURSE!
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

As i mentioned on another thread, if any of us US citizens broke any laws, we would have no choice but to be separated from our children. However, the illegals have the choice to take them or leave them. As a whole, I think we are being very generous with these criminals, don't you?
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean

Do you?
    OF COURSE!
    It's not twelve million it's over 20 million and every single one must go!!!!
    <div align="center">" Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore "
    </div>

Here's the author's email address. Write him to tell him what an idiot he is! I did!

markbrown@suntimes.com
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast