Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Re: Betsy ... I like you for your knowledge on India ..

So as per you ALIPAC is not for legal immigration also till they fix illegal immigration?

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    Quote Originally Posted by toordaal
    Alipac is for Legal Immigration I know that.Immigration Voice is for Employment Based High Skilled Legal Immigration I know that .

You are not for illegal immigration. you are not for family based legal immigration and u r not for employment based legal immigration . What exactly you support Betsy? May I know. I guess US government has to take the approval of you before they pass any immigration related bills

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Thank you RB - yes, they can be quite amusing, and quick to take offense. I keep my eye on them because they have enough money and clout to hire a lobbyist, and because they have more connection inside our government than we do. So, they are a good barometer and weathervane.
    With 20 million illegals here and a million crossing the border every year most USA citizens are sour towards any immigration because most immigrants want o bring all of their family over here and essentially support amnesty etc... That being said once we get Tancredo in the White House, build the wall, deport illegals, then legal immigration will be more acceptable!

So as per you ALIPAC is not for legal immigration also till they fix illegal immigration?
    I stated "most USA citizens" no where in my comment was the word ALIPAC do not ad lib what I state for your purpose, troll!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

No offense , So you represent most americans? is that what it means?

Quote Originally Posted by sturmruger
    I stated "most USA citizens" no where in my comment was the word ALIPAC do not ad lib what I state for your purpose, troll!

I have heard the H-1B described by desis as existing to help foreigners come to work in the US. Wrong. How many times now have I seen somebody post on IV that they are out of status or in trouble right now, but the answer never has been, 'obey the law and leave.' That whole hoopla over there is because people grabbed a work visa, hoping to use it as an immigration visa, which it never was. Once they tried that, they ran smack into the Green Card quota system, which had been there all along. And, if we had not raised our H-1B cap to 200K and left it there for three years of the recent recession while Americans were being laid off in the hundreds of thousands, there would not be 'one million' hopefuls in Green Card limbo now. http://www.kkeane.com/quota-faq.shtml

By the way, we had been wondering how many H-1Bs were here - it sure seemed like they were everywhere. The government didn't know, but our estimates ran up to a million. We were denounced as paranoid for this, but now it looks like we were right all along.

When confronted by what the law was all along, several common reactions are seen. One is to get mad and sputter that the H-1B is a dual intent visa so gimme my green card. All this means is that an applicant is allowed to aspire to immigration while applying whereas for other visas if there is any hint of wanting to immigrate, it will be denied.

Sad fact for IV: the sole purpose of the H-1B visa (how most of them got into the mess they are now in) was to TEMPORARILY fill spot shortages in the skilled labor market until an American could be found or trained. The fact that so many of these folks are in their 6-7-8th year of H-1B should prompt a criminal investigation of their employer, with pointed questions about what they have done to find or develop an American worker all this time. We know the answer already.

When I worked as a short-term contractor in the mid 90s, I knew perfectly well that I had no career path with the company and needed to keep my skills and resume current. Oh, occasionally they would hire a contractor, but it was rare even for the superstars who saved their butts. By definition, once the company's butt was saved, the need for the contractor was gone. That's what many H-1Bs essentially are, considering who files for the lion's share of these visas each year.

Sometimes I daydream about going back to that fast-paced world, but I can't. It's all foreigners now.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Quote Originally Posted by sippy
    I guess the troll doesn't want to play anymore.
    He just wanted his 15 seconds and we gave it to him. I give him no more.

Oh the glory days when we had loads of trolls on ALIPAC. I Miss those days!
    sippy,

Y'all are so hard on them, you've scared most of them off.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No offense , So you represent most americans? is that what it means?
    The question here would not be who I represent rather who you represent!
    "As has happened before in our history, if you have open borders poor country governments will pay people to move here, promising them a better life in the New World"*
    George Phillies (Libertarian)

Quote Originally Posted by trolldrool
    A is for Americans
    L is for Legal
    I is for Immigration
    P is for Political
    A is for Action
    C is for Committee

We support legal immigrants and are firmly against illegal aliens.
    One is welcome, the other is a criminal.

Dixie

You might find this helpful, toordaal: www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=Content& ... age&pid=14

Betsy

thankyou for you reply. You made some valid points and you understand the problem very well i guess. I understand that during early 2000s the situation was worest. Do you think the problem is stll there for american citizens ? Isn't it true that jobs would be outsourced otherwise if we dont bring the high skilled immigrants, as you know the companies which are profit motive never want to invest on training?

This entire exchange sounds all-too-familiar.
    The old-timers here will recognize that this pattern of dialog fits with several previous exchanges...

I'll add my humble opinion regarding 2 brief points:

1. Because some immigration happens under what are nominally 'legal' pretenses - eg. work visas, etc. - does not at all preclude those same programs from having a significant degree of error and abuse. In fact, it is precisely due to such problems that we have several hundreds of thousands of overstays and absconders in the country already. My position: No more work visas until all overstays/absconders booted out, and the accuracy and efficiency of the CIS is dramatically improved.
    Then I can talk about work visas, increasing student visas, how to handle tourism, etc.

2. I personally know a chief of an "American Indian" tribe here in my area. I can tell you, that although he is sympathetic with the plight many illegals face (and, admittedly, leans toward the Dems in many political issues), he is also a law-abiding and proud US citizen. In fact, he fought in WWII by going ashore in Normandy on DDay. His tribe was not allowed formal recognition for many, many years. Then, Clinton recognized the tribe just before leaving office. Jorge Boosh officially 'un-recognized' the tribe upon assuming office. If any person has a basis with which to have a 'beef' the the US government and it's policies - I'd say he surely does. Despite all the problems and imperfections, that, he still understands that allegiance to country is the most important thing.

Let the troll wither... no need to entertain those that will never see things our way...

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast