Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    The president also controls the enforcement machine

HS is a multi billion dollar agency , With a word from the
    President they could throw the whole force of that agency
    into enforcement opperations that could arrest thousands
    in a very short period of time.

I have no doubt that the president could also
    shut down and seal that border tomorrow

Also this president has been silent as far as mexico
    invading our sovereignty, No other country on earth
    would allow a neighbor to get away with what mexico is
    getting away with

What about Executive Orders? Bill Clinton Contributed to the illegal alien invasion big time with Executive Order 13166. Basically a person who does not speak English has to have governmental services in their language. Thanks Slick WIllie

Also, our current waste of a president could be demanding law enforcement really secure our borders- I mean REALLY secure them. He could demand these people be deported. Also, look at what he and the devil Johnny Sutton have done to Ramos and Compean.

I have no doubt, with out any additional laws etc. that this country would be in such better shape if Bush had pushed to have borders secured and laws enforced instead of pushing anmnesty and railroading border patrol agents doing their job.

Nicole

Quote Originally Posted by draindog
    no amnesty, and no letting wall street gamble with social security either. the only way the american public was led to believe invading- declaring war on iraq, was thru lies and deciet. and also our troops were already in afganistan. the men that "wagged the dog" have never faced consequence for the damage, and the blood of 1000's that stains their hands. these men still run the show, and have no remorse for the wrongs they have done. if these men set the pace, the next pres, along with "the patriot act", will harm the USA more than any terrorist can hope to. YIKES!!! on the high side, dont look good for hillery,as i dont think anyone else can out-screw the usa, god help us all if she slithers into the oval office. i sure miss the old days when i didnt care about how the country was being run, or by who. ignorance is bliss.
    Alot of people in this Country are still ignorant to whats going on, I have started writing Beware of the Amero and the NAU on all our money started doing it on my kids lunch money :P and decided why not on all of it, I also added the Alipac site addy its a small step but maybe some of the brain dead around here in my area will become more aware of what's happening.
    Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or leave the country.

If this President would announce today that immigration laws were going to truly be enforced and anyone here illegally should get their affairs in order and begin their return home - and tell his ICE agency to do their jobs - you would see a great change.

He didn't get his amnesty through - for now. He did get most of what he wanted. The illegals are still here, and they are more and more coming. That's his power - despite the fact that most Americans are very adamant about something being done - he has the power to simply not do it

In an old movie someone said (not verbatim), the greatest thing Satan ever did was convince people he didn't exist.

So say to the people the President has no real power and even if a man/woman has really good ideas, they can't get anything done. You might as well vote for the one with the best hairdo/wardrobe, or whatever reason.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Do you remember W's was as giddy as a school girl when the Dems won control over congress. He said something olong the lines Now I can get Comprehensive Immigration Reform passed.

And the President, thru Executive Orders, can get laws enforced or NOT enforced.

An executive order in the United States is a directive issued by the President, the head of the executive branch of the federal government. In other countries, similar edicts may be known as decrees, or orders-in-council.

US Presidents have issued executive orders since 1789, usually to help direct the operation of executive officers. Some orders do have the force of law when made in pursuance of certain Acts of Congress, when those acts give the President discretionary powers.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executi...ited_States%29
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie
    If this President would announce today that immigration laws were going to truly be enforced and anyone here illegally should get their affairs in order and begin their return home - and tell his ICE agency to do their jobs - you would see a great change.

He didn't get his amnesty through - for now. He did get most of what he wanted. The illegals are still here, and they are more and more coming. That's his power - despite the fact that most Americans are very adamant about something being done - he has the power to simply not do it

In an old movie someone said (not verbatim), the greatest thing Satan ever did was convince people he didn't exist.

So say to the people the President has no real power and even if a man/woman has really good ideas, they can't get anything done. You might as well vote for the one with the best hairdo/wardrobe, or whatever reason.
    The president can do some things , others they can't

A president can't end birthright
    But a president could put an end to most illegal immigration , and they could do it fairly fast , its been done before and once you actually do start enforcement , real enforcement it would have a snowball effect , millions would leave on their own , we all know this

Our biggest problem now though are the symp courts and groups like the aclu

We live in a real world here and we need to speak in those terms not ' the way it ought to be'.

Again, look at what this PResident has managed to get done in this country. Look at what he done by not enforcing the law.

A President, through his office, his 'powers of persuasion' could most assuredly end birthright citizenship.

To say the President has no power is strange - I'm not sure why that idea is being put out there.

Let me just say this - A president has all the power he/she needs to either destroy this country or make it work. Nothing else is needed, and nothing else matters.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    And yet for all his backing comprehensive Bush couldn't
    get it done

Real world

A president could not do anything about birthright but offer an
    opinion

The lib symp machine and repub panderers would never in a
    million years allow such a change or amend in the 14th

It would take the court to rule on it

Of course the PResident can do more than recommend. That sounds like he sends a nice request to congress for what he wants and then sits back and 'hopes for the best'.

No, he/she can't always get everything - but once again - he can get enough. He didn't get amesty - but he got the status quo. HE still holds the reins on enforcement - and they are still here and they are still coming.

He has no power???

Certainly, I think the birthright question will end up in the courts - and I don't know how they will rule - I can guess - but there are ways and there are ways to get things done. We all know that - we aren't simpletons.

Will we get an end to birthright citizenship? POssibly not - but if we could get our laws enforced - all of them and enforced properly - the birthright question would only be a small problem.

If we could get the country cleared out - and the President has the power to do just that - then it would be easier to define and remedy the birthright question.

Here's a simple one he could do on the first day that would have MAJOR impact:

Recind Executive Order 13166

http://www.usdoj.gov/crt/cor/Pubs/eolep.htm

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast