Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What can be said to someone like myself.....................

Is there anyone out there that can offer some words to someone like myself? Here is my plight.
    I am fairly young, (mid-30's) and have only recently become involved in politics. I have only voted in 2 presidential elections. The reason for that is the very same reason I feel like I may not ever vote again.
    I know alot of you will say all kinds of stuff on my next comment, but I am entitled to my opinion.
    I lost all faith in our election system when Jorge Bush was ruled into office by our supreme court, not by votes. Aside from losing faith in the voting system, I honestly can't say I BELIEVE anything that spews from a politicians mouth. I mean, how do I KNOW whether or not they are just saying what they think I want to hear?
    I am not suggesting that I am anti-Romney, but have you ever listened to him speak? He sound so scripted. As do most of the canidates. Can anyone offer me some hope or help me find my way???!!! I feel so betrayed by our government that I just don't even think it is worth it. Please help. I want to be a PROUD America!!! And I know that I am not the only person in this country that feels this way. Is there any hope for me?

Banned
    At one time you had some Faith in our Goverment right? Take that lost faith in our Goverment, and point all your faith twords the American people !!!
    We will win !!!

You are not alone in your feelings. I haven't voted since....Perot. I was denied the right to vote in the primaries because I was a registered Independant and only registered Dems and Reps were allowed to. Ticked me off. I gave up, threw in the towel and figured the government is going to do whatever it feels in spite of me. I blindly went along for decades. But this thing with illegal immigration and everything has gotten me so angry.....the literal corruption in my state.....the whole deal from the ground up......that I realized the majority of the people felt just like I did and because of that.....they are doing whatever they want without regard to the citizens. I've seen things happen when enough people stand together. It's long and hard and you have to monitor these officials more than a rowdy toddler......but they are being monitored and there deeds are being brought to light. There's no guarentee it's still not as crooked as all get out but atleast this time I know I gave it everything I could. Little by little our rights and freedoms are being taken without much of a fight. Before long we may not even have the right to vote anymore.........now more than ever each citizen needs to vote.

I'm with you on politicians.....I believe them about as much as I do a used car salesman. I don't believe what they SAY.....with the help of all the people here they have researched them on what they have DONE.
    Actions speak louder than words. Personally.....I've always wanted a "none of the above" box to check because many times I don't want ANY of them. I'm tired of picking between the worst of 2 evils. Right now in some instances it's merely rocking the boat so too many who are no good, get too comfy in their chairs because too many say, why bother ?

I don't know what the out come will be.....I just know this time I'm taking an active part in it.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    I remember my first election

Yup , I blew it big time , Voted for Carter

I actually did vote for Bush

Twice

The first time was right ,
    So was the second time or we would have Kerry
    right now and probably amnesty or worse

Bush is no rocket scientist but Kerry might have been

Until you vote in your first election and you vote in your last
    Its always going to be the lesser of 2 evils (Unless Dobbs or some very viable 3d party gets in)

Remember , Death , Taxes and the lesser of 2 evils

It will never change

Yes , I'm thinking of Romney if Hunter and Paul dump out , simply because he has a record against illegals ,
    the others have a record of pandering

I was in a town hall meeting last night with American Solutions that Newt Gingrich has put together. It is very interesting that Repub and Dem Americans are coming together to solve problems. We were in a conference call meeting. It was extraordinary experience for Newt to take calls and discuss the questions that average people have. This might be a vehicle that we can jump on and become involved. There are several different issues in which they give the percentages of people's views (e.g. immigration, education, deficit, environment, etc.) I believe that 87% of the people involved in American Solutions have the same views we have on the border and immigration.

If we don't work we play right into their hands. It scares them that we speak out and vote. It might take time, but we may end up with a third party. If the Dems get in and give amnesty to millions of illegals and the percentages in the country are so high against it, the Democrats could see decades of lost power.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The hope for you is to BE INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS & VOTE!

APATHY is what they live for! Vote! Don't worry if the candidate is the perfect candidate, or if you agree with them on every issue. Vote for who you think is the best choice available.

Then get involved in the local political process, work in a party, work & campaign for causes you believe in.

Freedom is won every day that Americans stand up for what they feel is right.

Liberty is secured when the right choices are made. If it's difficult, it's probably the right choice. If it takes hard work & effort, it's probably the right choice. If it is unpopular with social culture today, it's probably the right choice.

Live by your concience & it is probably the right choice.

Regarding Romney,
    I have known of & studied Mitt Romney since way before he had any political ambitions. Way back prior to the 2002 olympics, which he rescued by the way & left it with 50M profit, way back to his entrepenureal business skills. He started with nothing, & generated almost half a billion dollars in personal wealth, working & growing businesses. He is a very bright individual. I know him to be an articulate, polished speaker. Yes many things that they all say are scripted. That isn't a bad thing. When ever I have been interviewed on radio or news for these issues. I have gone in with a scripted presentation or talking points, well written & had my delivery of them polished & articulate. Like it or not, people respect & listen to people that are well spoken. It is not a character flaw.

Gogo, et al... Re:

I was in a town hall meeting last night with American Solutions that Newt Gingrich has put together. It is very interesting that Repub and Dem Americans are coming together to solve problems. We were in a conference call meeting. It was extraordinary experience for Newt to take calls and discuss the questions that average people have. This might be a vehicle that we can jump on and become involved. There are several different issues in which they give the percentages of people's views (e.g. immigration, education, deficit, environment, etc.) I believe that 87% of the people involved in American Solutions have the same views we have on the border and immigration.
    Wanna know a secret? I think a cross-party Pres/Vice Pres. ticket could win at the present (yes, I know many will question my sanity...but...) if the right - as in CORRECT - two people were found, and could establish they could work together (I know, a rare feat, but there still are a few that can do it) they could be taken seriously right away.

Right now, people are SO fed up with the usual parade of corporate-owned candidates, crooks and mindless panderers, that the country is just hungry - or starving - for a set of options that no longer represents 'the lesser of two evils' [or, as some say sarcastically - 'the evil of two lessers...'], but is a real choice of quality people with a history and record of doing the right thing. Almost certainly, no one will agree on what 'the right thing is', but, people are generally able to filter out the candidates spewing the BS vs. those who are not.

On immigration, and other issues, Jeff Sessions and Byron Dorgan have shown themselves to be credible and honest - as far as I can tell.
    Different guys, from different parties, having some differing points of view ...for sure. Put 'em together, and you'd have an administration run by clean honest people for the benefit of the country. Would they agree on everything all the time - doubtful. Would they understand the nature of their job, take it seriously, work to clean up the mess in DC in a productive fashion - my bet - almost certainly. They have proven they are not afraid to stand up and be counted on the immigration issue, and for standing up for Americans in general.

(Std. Disclaimer: All the above is my very own IMHO of course. Your opinions may differ )

Very good take Phrede. Actually, my husband and I were saying this morning that Newt isn't running this time. He was pushed to run but decided to stay with American Solutions, seeing it has the capacity to bring the country back together. Our guess is that if people can come together in American Solutions and work together, it might just be the base for another Independent Party and a run for the White House.

It's interesting that I live in very liberal N. CA. Yet, on the immigration issues my neighbors and I are able to talk and even become active together on the issue of illegal immigration. The three people I got involved in the last few months are people who normally we would not agree on most things. Illegal immigration is the catalyst that is bringing us together.

I agree if we could get two respectable people of different parties, whether its Dem, Repub, Independent it might just turn into our third party.

Aside from losing faith in the voting system, I honestly can't say I BELIEVE anything that spews from a politicians mouth
    This must only have come from an American.

You tell me one country in the world that its people have
    faith and proud of their politicians. Please dont bring up
    the Australian model one more time and I will throw up.

Why didnt you run for office and try to fix things your way?
    I bet that regardless of your good intentions
    you would problably have lot od political enemies and
    dissatisfied people.

Get a grip. stop the whinning and do aomething positive.

Senior Member ourcountrynottheirs's Avatar
    Is it more important to vote, even if you don't like any of the candidates? Is it better to hold your nose and vote for the least objectionable? What are the implications if one just doesn't vote at all because they can't bring themselves to vote for any of the candidates?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast