Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What Catholic Charities does with all those donations

In Northern VA it is conducting seminars to advise illegal aliens of their rights in the US.

How many of these seminars were hosted by the Church in Mexico to advise illegal aliens there of their rights. If Catholic Charities is concerned about rights of illegal aliens, why does Mexico still have such strict immigration laws?

I sent an email to Jean Beil at headquarters in Alexandria - still waiting. Maybe some of you can do better.

Catholic Charities USA
    Attn: Jean Beil
    Sixty-Six Canal Center Plaza
    Suite 600
    Alexandria, VA 22314

(703) 549-1390
    jbeil@catholiccharitiesusa.org

http://www.catholiccharitiesusa.org

Well, well, well lookee what came in the mail today.

2008 Catholic Charities Appeal from my Archdiocese.

I sent a response back to them.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contribute this year since my taxes have increased to pay for services the influx of illegal aliens in my town use and don't pay for!

I will be more than happy to contribute after they have all been deported.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Maybe some of you can do better.
    Si, se puede (yes we can) do better. Use IRS Form 13909 to complain about violation of non profit 501c3 status. Find information at this US government link:
    http://www.irs.gov/irs/article/0,,id=178241,00.html
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If the Roman Catholic Church insists upon jeopardizing the security of the United States by supporting the activities of Illegal Aliens; and if the Roman Catholic Church is insistent that our tax dollars go to Illegal Aliens, then the Roman Catholic Church should itself become a tax payer.

Don't forget that when billions of dollars are sent to Mexico from the United States, the Roman Catholic church also benefits by our tax dollars there, since most of the people in Mexico give major portions of their money to the Roman Catholic Church, even the poor people who would best benefit by having the money themselves.

I say take away the non-profit status of the Roman Catholic Church in the United States.
    Remember that*all Politicians work for us, the U.S. Taxpaying Citizens.* If they are not doing their jobs to your liking, FIRE THEM in the next elections.

In exploring the trans national religious and political links here is one scholalrly article I just found:
    The Wider Cristero Rebellion, Mexican immigrants, the Catholic Church and transnational ethnic politics.

By bringing U.S. activities to bear on the Cristero Rebellion , Sanchez Walker re-casts quintessentially Mexican processes. In the process, both papers contribute to an understanding of ethnic politics in the New Deal. The Second Cristero Rebellion as another stage in a complex struggle between state and church over the affiliation of rural communities. By using church records and state department files in the United States, Sanchez Walker steps out of this nationalist evolutionary frame and examines the emergence of ethnic Mexican exile activities seeking to end violence and repression in Mexico. The Catholic church provided an institutional home through which once rural immigrants learned to place demands on federal policies in Mexico and the United States. These transnational activities unsettle the vision of the New Deal as a high point of domestically oriented ethnic activism.

Apparently this is an abstract for a rather lengthy book about the recent rise of religious influence into the political sphere in Mexico--not too unusual these days.

Plus the platform of PAN in Mexico(National Action Party) tends to reflect Roman Catholic values. Vicente Fox, its most significant political candidate, was even fined for overstepping church-state boundaries. So, to what extent are these US based services merely a continuation of a political struggle taking place south of the border?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Why is the poster in English?

For the Irish?

Because if I give to Catholic charities I can NEVER be SURE that MY money WON'T go to assist ILLEGALS, I have simply STOPPED giving to the Catholic Church ALTOGETHER!

Quote Originally Posted by joazinha
    Because if I give to Catholic charities I can NEVER be SURE that MY money WON'T go to assist ILLEGALS, I have simply STOPPED giving to the Catholic Church ALTOGETHER!

a friend and fellow Catholic several years ago worked for the church then quit after seeing the way they 'did business' . she used to give fairly large contributions every year but after seeing what was going on she stopped. but being Catholic she felt she needed to share her good fortunes with the comunity. so now if she hears of a family who can't buy gifts at Christmas or needs food.. etc, they secretly recieve some money. she said she feels good knowing she helped even if it wasn't anything big.

I love getting requests for donations in the mail from the Catholic church.

They have received every kind if information on illegal immigration imaginable from me in the return envelope.

Prepaid envelopes from B of A and the like are even better!

Revenge: I tape the "prepaid return envelope" on a box with a couple of broken brick or whatever I have that's heavy. The post office delivers and collects first class from them.

B of A sends plenty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast