Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Is This What Corporate Elites Really Think Of Us?

I found this in the comment section of the article at the link below. Feel free to answer this jerk if you want to. It takes a few hours for your comment to go in.

to all wrote on May 13, 2008 1:15 PM:

" You people just do not get it, do you? There are those of us - typically labeled as the 'wealthy elite' who benefit from all the wonders of global trade and loose borders. Then there are the other, less desirable types, who can't compete in this environment. They are known as 'losers'. It doesn't really matter what your nationality is, rather, it's whether you are a loser or not. Winners don't care about borders, since they will win due to their superiority. Losers DO care however, as there usefulness to society is limited and their work can be done by a loser of any nationality.

Luckily, the winners control the politics and there's nothing the losers can do about it. I love capitalism! "

http://www.cdapress.com/articles/2008/0 ... tter02.txt
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I should've stated that the comments for that article start at the bottom and go up.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Well, it's very arrogant, and somebody like that will eventually get what they have coming.

It's the typical sentiment expressed by many Wall Street types who call for free market capitalism, until they are in trouble, at which point they beg for a government bailout (Bear Stearns).

Since when do Elites go on public message boards ?
    Nam vet 1967/1970 Skull & Bones can KMA .Bless our Brothers that gave their all ..It also gives me the right to Vote for Chuck Baldwin 2008 POTUS . NOW or never*

Yea and those elites, need those loosers spending thier meager earnings on the goods and services they manufacture. They are nothing without
    "loosers".

"The poor worry about getting more money and the rich worry about loosing their money".

Dixie

Anyone that thinks he is a winner after lying, cheating, and stealing his way through life could be in for a rude awaking.

This sand castle they have created looks to me to be ready to go out with the new tide.

I would think there still may be a chance for those that clutch firmly to the United States Constitution as a firm foundation. Even if the country doesn't survive our forefathers left us with a solid foundation to build strong lives on. The ideas also give us good fundamentals to build lasting relationships.

I wondered that, too. But I was in a comment section of another article in another paper just recently, and there was a business person (he says) commenting in there because many of us were bashing cheap illegal labor. I spent a lot of time talking to him, and he defending hiring illegals because he said Americans didn't want to do the jobs, and the goverment made it hard to get workers through the guest worker programs. I reminded him that a lot of crime is committed in this country by illegal workers and he defended his crew, saying, oh, they may get drunk somtimes or get in a fight, but they were just trying to feed their families. I debated with him for quite a long time, even quoting statistics, but in the end, nothing changed his mind. I said, well, you have to do what you think you should, and I'll keep fighting people like you.

These employers really don't care as long as they make momey.

A couple comments on this one (I love these, for a number of reasons...)

1. If s/he is such a winner, why does that person misspell words???

2. The vitriol people such as this feel toward their less fortunate fellow citizens is REAL and you CAN take it personally. Rather than being appreciated for being an honest, law-abiding, hard-working person - even in a low-wage and relatively simple job, not only are you NOT appreciated, you are SCORNED for getting in the way of the wealth accumulation of said individual (because, unlike the masses of people in the third world, you probably won't work for peanuts in horrible conditions and actually expect to be treated like a human and be able to support yourself and maybe a family as well...) Yes, people really are that arrogant and hateful of their fellow citizens. Did I say that it is killing our country right now??? Now I did.

Highly recommended book on exactly this subject:

"Democracy for the Few", by Michael Parenti.

If really part of the wealthy elite, the money must be inherited.
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

AE

You have to feel sorry for this guy, he can't get beyond his own inflated self image. He truly believes that just because the cards fell right for him that he is better, but we all know it's not true. If he had to do the stuff all of us do to survive daily, he would crack under the pressure.

Here is some important thoughts on what the accumulation of "worldly possesions" can do to people.

Mat 19:20 The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?
    Mat 19:21 Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go [and] sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come [and] follow me.
    Mat 19:22 But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.
    Mat 19:23 ¶ Then said Jesus unto his disciples, Verily I say unto you, That a rich man shall hardly enter into the kingdom of heaven.
    Mat 19:24 And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Mat 19:25 When his disciples heard [it], they were exceedingly amazed, saying, Who then can be saved?
    Mat 19:26 But Jesus beheld [them], and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

With all too many, what they have on this earth, is all they ever see, and this man is NO exception, it is really sad. They cannot see beyond what they can achieve on their own, and lose their souls in the process.
    “In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot.â€

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast