Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think we've had this discussion before about marches, etc. I think they are great ideas. I attended several protests in Farmers Branch and my wife came close to attending a parade in Houston for Veterans' Day to help BorderWatch. BorderWatch had to cancel because of poor response. Dixie and I stood with a group of maybe 20 counter-protestors in front of several hundred illegal-supporters to support Tim O'Hare in FB. Do these things work? Is our side represented? Barely. Are we heard? Sometimes.
    This is what I am doing. I am now the 2VP of the Republican Club of Hood County. Now I have better access to politicians and the newspaper. Yes, it is a small start, but it IS a start. I have had the opportunity to speak directly with my state rep. I will be attending the inauguration of our new comptroller next week. Our dear governor Rick Perry should be there. I plan on hobknobbing with some of the movers and shakers at the party to let them know who I am. (I've learned that is what you are supposed to do at those things.) Since I have become more politically active and involved, I have attended functions with VP Cheney and Senator Hutchison. I have had the chance to communicate my political views face to face with different political figures. I have people within my Repub Club who are looking to me for opinions, etc. Me, a landman. Me, a former high school Spanish teacher. I am not rich. I have never served in a political office. However, you never know; this middle class Texan may seek public office one day. Why? Because I have found a venue where I can voice my opinion and have it heard by some of these politicos. That's it. Marches are great! Letters and faxes are grand! But you have to find the right venue or it is meaningless. If you have a march and no one shows, it only gives the media and illegal-supporters ammo. Who's to say your letters get read? I continually get the same hogwash reply from Rep Chet Edwards after every email I send to him. You need to get into the political scene. Get involved with a club or something. Hobknob. Get to know who you think your allies can be. Seek public office if necessary. Crap, it is true that the majority of our politicians are pro-amnesty. Well, embrace those that aren't, and seek out possible candidates that could oust the traitors.
    Sorry this is long-winded. I know many of you will say that I'm wrong. You'll say there's no way to break into that game. It's a lie. You can, but you have to start somewhere. We aren't going to take back this nation or protect it's sovereignty with the bulk of the characters we have in Washington or our own state leadership right now. The cleansing will come from outside, from people like us.
    March? I'll march. Write? I'll write. But I want to do more and will, right here in my neck of the woods.
    THE POOR ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT IN MY AVATAR CROSSED OVER THE WRONG BORDER FENCE!!!

Banned
    OK--here's my point--I think the public needs info. In Idaho, illegal aliens are not a big deal...yet, but if the people understood what Craig was doing to the country, he'd be history! That would be one down!

Every time something hideous has been defeated--Dubai ports deal, HillaryCare, etc... it's because groups, albeit well-funded groups, have gotten the work out and people have reacted!

TyRANTosaur
    I think we need people like you to continue to do what you are doing. We can't all be in that circle and we need to have some people that can do the things you are describing. You are not wrong in any way shape or form. Do what you are good at doing to push the issue to those that will listen to you. But we also need to have some people that will stand on the other end so that what you are saying is also being viewed. I'm not talking about showing up with 20 people. If you are reading the news and observing everything that is happening with regard to this issue, time is running out. I think we are beyond the point of just showing up with a few friends. It has to be massive. People would have to sacrifice some things in order for it to work. History shows that many groups have protested for many reasons and have managed to influence. Even if people say that we are wasting our time at least we are bringing attention to what we believe in. And this can be done in various ways. A massive protest will enforce what you are telling the people in higher circles.

Banned
    OK! When, where, Gusgriswald??? And, how do we get the word out????

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    OK! When, where, Gusgriswald??? And, how do we get the word out????
    That is the kind of determination we need with the folks that are going to hit the streets. What state are you in? Who are the anti- illegal immigration leaders in your state? Can you contact these people? can you bring these leaders together?I can do the same here in my state. I can talk to the different movements and let them know to get ready. Find out how many people they have that are sick and tired of all this and are willing to hit the streets. If everyone else took the same approach in the state they are in, and we could manage to bring the leaders and the followers together. we could then set a date. time, and a place.

Banned
    Gusgriswald,

I'm sorry--I was being sarcastic and you are very sweet. I live in North Idaho and if I said "Let's take to the street against illegals" they'd look at me like I had 4 eyes. But, my point is my Senator is Larry Craig and he is in support of amnesty, but he is banking on nobody in Idaho paying attention because we don't have a problem and he thinks he is insulated and I want to get the word out via the media as to what he is up to!

The masses need to be educated first and foremost!!!

MW
    nntrixie wrote:

Folks, the facts are - with few exceptions and I mean very few - as in maybe a half dozen - they are all pro illegal slime balls.
    I know it seems that way sometimes, but in truth, that's an inaccurate statement.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

i would like to help in something, I receive a lot of answers to the letters I write, they are comics, I cannot walk so as I went to a reunion with friends near where I live, I talked about SPP, NAU etc..., people said"You're too much in internet, this is crazy, these are stories you see in the internet, " and there was ,many Canadian people also who don't know what is going on.
    Tha's why I start thinking maybe if I download some official documents put them into an envelope and mail them, more people are goingt to see and believe, because as it is even if you take to the streets many people do not know or believe what is going on.
    My problem is I don't know how to start, it's very difficult to start such a thing without even knowing where to look for names and adresses.

I also I don't think we should fix only in illegal immigration, the root is SPP, erradication of borders, lost of soveraignty, NAU , these themes are not racist and they are the root of everything. Against those themes nobody can call you are racist even if together you talk about the illegals.
    You are a PATROT, and the Canadians if they join the movement is also because of their soveraignty.

Hawkeye, McCain's father and grandfather were Admirals which means they were political oppurtunist just like he is. The apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast