Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by slyhunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Enchilada_Non_Grada
    That whole laundry list you posted is a load of BS. It's just cherry-picking certain votes without any explanation. If you look into each vote, you will find that Paul votes based strictly on the Constitution.

For example, your laundry list of supposed "unconservative" votes includes: "Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1."

That's because Paul is against ANY FEDERAL LAW imposing waiting periods. Such laws are totally unconstitutional! He would not have voted for the 3-day ban in the first place. Paul makes votes like this because the federal government has no authority under the Constitution to impose ANY waiting period for gun ownership.

Every single one of those so-called anti-conservative votes is conservative, if you actually look into it. I could go down your whole list and blow every single point you made out of the water.

Your whole list is nothing but cut-and-paste cherry picking randomly off the internet, and frankly, I find it dishonest. Did you research any of these votes before trying to smear Paul here?
    your point demonstrates Ron Pauls complete inability to compromise with those who have different views as him. If he can't get his way 100% then he gets 0% because he refuses to compromise. We deffinitely don't need someone who can't compromise with his opponents as our president because then we won't get anything done.

He is a constitutionalist. He WILL vote the will of the people. By the way I guess by the statement you just made that you don't mind compromising your principles, no matter what.

USPatriot,

I find very admirable qualities in both the supporters of Ron Paul, and the man himself.

I look forward to watching him make history. I do consider this a historical moment in time. This man weathers the storms very well. History will be forced to look at this moment in time. Wishfully unbiased.

"I am concerned for the security of our great nation, not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces from within." General Douglas MacArthur

Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticSandra
    IMHO.... She was aking for input on finding out if it was true or not and you have helped with that , but why are you saying she tried to pull the wool over our eyes we are not idiots that can't research ourselfs we just like some help sometimes. Isn't that what ALIPAC is for ???
    The person who posted this thread and the statements made here and on many other threads indicates they do not like Dr.Paul or his supporters so after awhile it just gets old and insulting.

We are tired of being told we should change our vote so we can save another candidate we really don't want to vote for.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Look. The issue of the war in Iraq is very easy to understand. First, the war was unconstitutional. Secondly, where are we going to get the money to continue the war? Borrow it? Sell the country for it? Our country is bleeding to death economically. All Ron Paul is trying to do stem the flow of blood by applying a tourniquet. He is not against defense. I am a trekkie and his ideas remind me of the Prime Directive. The Prime Directive meant non intervention. That didn't mean not building up our defensive forces, And Ron Paul hasn't said that either. Another problem showed itself to me at jury duty last month. One of the jurists was in the ROTC. His traing included an orientation to following the orders of those who pay him. This goes against the oath of enlistment which puts the Constitution first. I got the feeling that they are training them to be mercenaries instead of US soldiers.

Qflash,

So that could mean that the re-education camps would include not only our great public schools but our institutions as well?

"I am concerned for the security of great nation, not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces from within." General Douglas MacArthur

Roundabout, what I was getting at is that our military would no longer adhere to the Constitution first. NORTHCOM has been carrying out drills to suppress uprisings in the US. Put the two together and you get a military that will fight US citizens in 2010, which is when the NAU is set to take over.

The defense dept. wants to allow Blackwater to get involved with government intelligence.

I want to see them disbanded NOT given Secret Intelligence.

Ron Paul would put a halt to all this sneaky stuff going on in our own government !
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

For Ron paul Supporters..good news.

Ron Paul Beats McCain in Maine Caucus, Primed to Win Over 1/3 of State Delegates (2/4/0
    In the race for delegates, Ron Paul appears to closely trail Romney for first place

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    February 4, 2008

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – While most reports about this past weekend’s Maine Caucus focused on the purely symbolic presidential preference poll, in the meaningful race to secure delegates to the state convention Ron Paul is primed to finish second with likely 35 percent of the total delegates.

Delegates to the Republican National Convention in Minneapolis are elected by the state delegates. Internal results from 10 of 16 counties, including the largest cities of Portland, South Portland, Lewiston, Auburn, Augusta, Waterville, Bangor, and Brewer, show Ron Paul picking up 215 of 608 State Convention delegates so far reported, or 35%.

“Ron Paul’s strong second place finish in Maine, in which he beat John McCain, is proof that this race is far from over,â€

Quote Originally Posted by UB
    I read the list of RP votes. I would have voted no on most of them also. You should remember, we are not an anti-immigration group. We are an anti-illegal immigration group. Additionally, RP is a state's rights advocate and a constitutionalist, many of the issues in the list where instances where the federal government was over-reaching into the rights of states and citizens. We need more like him.

UB
    With Romney and McCain and Huckabee opposing 75% of the population who want us out of Iraq, we can agree that anything but Ron Paul gives the Democrats the home run they want.

Quote Originally Posted by therealjjj777
    With Romney and McCain and Huckabee opposing 75% of the population who want us out of Iraq, we can agree that anything but Ron Paul gives the Democrats the home run they want.
    I think Mitt has a shot at beating Hillary. The war is not the only issue. With Mitt, the Republican base will get out the vote, unlike with McCain or Huckabee. It would be a close race, that could go either way. But Mitt certainly has a chance to beat Hillary.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast