Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What happened to the money to build the fence?

I was wondering what has became of the $800 million that was set aside for the border fence? If the Bush admin refuses (and yes, he is refusing) to build the fence, shouldn't the cash be accounted for?
    Che Guevara wears a picture of ME on his t-shirt.

The Dems just took the funding for it out of the Ag Jobs bill.

There was no money set aside. It was approved to go through but if they dont fund it it never gets done. old politics trick. say you are in favor of something. Pass a resolution for it then just dont fund it. Not Bushes fault
    Life is a ***** dont vote for one.

Ahh...Thanks for clearing that up, Chris-A.

Welcome to ALIPAC Chris-A!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    sgt_slitz wrote:

I was wondering what has became of the $800 million that was set aside for the border fence? If the Bush admin refuses (and yes, he is refusing) to build the fence, shouldn't the cash be accounted for?
    According to what Duncan Hunter said on Glenn Beck last night, the $800 million is still there. The only problem is, Chertoff is dragging his feet and not moving very quicky on the fence. Supposedly there is only 5 miles of the Hunter double-layered fence built to date. I think there was another 60-70 miles of single row fencing completed. Hunter said Chertoff will not meet the deadline set for May 2008. I don't remember exactly how many miles he said were supposed to be built by May.

Chris-A wrote:

The Dems just took the funding for it out of the Ag Jobs bill.

There was no money set aside.
    Yes Chris, the $800 million was set aside. You're talking about the $3 billion in border security funding that the Democrats removed from the FY 2008 Department of Defense Appropriations Bill.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW, Thanks for the correction.

CCUSA, Thank you.

sgt_shlitz, Sorry for screwing that one up
    Life is a ***** dont vote for one.

MW
    Chris-A wrote:

MW, Thanks for the correction.
    It was an easy mistake to make. There are so many thing constantly going on with the issue that it's easy to confuse the details.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Chris-A,
    You didn't screw up. You just got confused like I did.

Re: What happened to the money to build the fence?

Quote Originally Posted by sgt_shlitz
    The United States military should immediately be sent to the Mexican border to guard it until it is fenced and there are an adequate number of U.S. Border Patrol agents.

I doubt the fence ever gets built.

I'd like to see a wall built along the entire length of the Mexican border.

I don't see a fence ever being built either .

What i see is more of the same .

Just say your prayers because if things don't change, thats all you'll have left .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast