Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by crazybird
    There was once a time legal immigrants became citizens because they wanted to be Americans and they really loved this country.

Now these new lawbreakers want to be made legal, so that they can get on all our social programs and collect a free check from the American taxpayers...Then they want to change our country so it looks like the one they left!
    Exactly. I mean people are willing to fight and die for this country. Sorry, but after seeing what happened to those border agents and what's going on in this country now......why bother? Makes me feel like suddenly finding out there is no God for sure and being expected to still act like there is one........it makes citizenship worthless and paying taxes more like rape, instead of contributing to our country. Being a citizen means you're first in line to get thrown under the bus....coz obviously the "world" and non-citizens have more rights and worth than we do.
    I know that is why I take the Illegal Amnesty problem so seriously, Not only are we a select group of people that care enough about the meaning of our citizenship and the sacrifices to defend it. But that is really what were fighting not a particular Race of people, just fighting to defend our citizenship, and culture from being taken away!! I wish most Americans would stand up for something, but I guess after decades of the easy way well you know...
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

There was once a time legal immigrants became citizens because they wanted to be Americans and they really loved this country.

Now these new lawbreakers want to be made legal, so that they can get on all our social programs and collect a free check from the American taxpayers...Then they want to change our country so it looks like the one they left!
    Exactly. I mean people are willing to fight and die for this country. Sorry, but after seeing what happened to those border agents and what's going on in this country now......why bother? Makes me feel like suddenly finding out there is no God for sure and being expected to still act like there is one........it makes citizenship worthless and paying taxes more like rape, instead of contributing to our country. Being a citizen means you're first in line to get thrown under the bus....coz obviously the "world" and non-citizens have more rights and worth than we do.
    What really makes me sad is our soldiers in military...What are they fighting and dying for?

Quote Originally Posted by Molly

What really makes me sad is our soldiers in military...What are they fighting and dying for?
    I also wonder how all our troops outrage level on Illegal Immigration when they come back from the wars will be???
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

You are absolutely right, it means nothing. It especially would anger me since my wife and I have spent so much money getting her US Citizenship and trying to do the right thing. I would be like a stick up the backside.
    Certified Member
    The Sons of the Republic of Texas

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex
    You are absolutely right, it means nothing. It especially would anger me since my wife and I have spent so much money getting her US Citizenship and trying to do the right thing. I would be like a stick up the backside.
    I know what you mean. I don't think people fully realize what it takes to do it the right way. Legal immigrants and their spouses feel an extra dose of anger over this.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by cayla99

I know what you mean. I don't think people fully realize what it takes to do it the right way. Legal immigrants and their spouses feel an extra dose of anger over this.
    Here is how I look at it, amnesty was granted in the 80's for all those who chose to break our laws. If Obama does the same thing about 20 years later, what is the chance that it is going to happen again in 20 years? If I was planning on coming to America and knew how much trouble it was to do it legally, I might just walk over the border too. Not much encouragement to do things legally when those who break our laws get rewarded.
    Certified Member

Quote Originally Posted by bigtex

Here is how I look at it, amnesty was granted in the 80's for all those who chose to break our laws. If Obama does the same thing about 20 years later, what is the chance that it is going to happen again in 20 years? If I was planning on coming to America and knew how much trouble it was to do it legally, I might just walk over the border too. Not much encouragement to do things legally when those who break our laws get rewarded.
    Exactly, it is almost like doing it legally is optional. What reasonable person will put out all that money for physicals and background checks, not to mention the actual fees, attorney fees ect. When they don't have to, and by skipping the hassles, they also get the added benefit of immediately qualifying for government handouts and in state tuition, the latter is a privilege even a lot of citizens are not granted.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Exactly, it is almost like doing it legally is optional. What reasonable person will put out all that money for physicals and background checks, not to mention the actual fees, attorney fees ect. When they don't have to, and by skipping the hassles, they also get the added benefit of immediately qualifying for government handouts and in state tuition, the latter is a privilege even a lot of citizens are not granted.
    What they are doing is taking the pride out of being an American. Not only for those who get something for nothing but those of us who were born here.

My wife just got her American passport in the mail yesterday. You should have seen the pride on her face when she opened it up and looked at it. This was the final step on a pretty long and emotional road to becoming an American citizen. It was the same pride I saw when we sat in a room full of immigrants who had fulfilled every request America had ask and were finally US Citizens.

Those that defiantly break our laws and do not care to earn their citizenship will never have pride in the country and never place a value on being an American.
    Certified Member

Tell your wife I send her my heartfelt congratulations

Tell your wife I send her my heartfelt congratulations
    She said thank you very much!
    Certified Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12