Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

What the World is Saying about Todays Marches

Let's see what the rest of the World is saying. Here's a start.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... w_02052006

Migrants on the march: US cities hit by citizenship protests
    By Francis Harris in Washington
    (Filed: 02/05/2006)

Millions of migrants to America have launched the biggest one-day strike for decades, with many joining nationwide demonstrations to demand citizenship for 12 million illegal workers.

Mexican immigrants wave the Stars and Stripes during a protest march in Los Angeles yesterday
    The protests, organised mainly by the increasingly confident Hispanic rights movement, forced some of America's biggest companies to close and brought many cities to a halt.

One Hispanic doorman in New York said: "Everyone's an immigrant here. The only real American is the Indian."

The event marked an attempt to make real the 2004 film, A Day Without A Mexican, which depicted an America enveloped by chaos as low-paid Hispanics failed to show up for work. Protesters swamped dozens of cities, including New York, Chicago and Los Angeles, with many carrying the central and South American flags, provoking anger among Americans taught to revere the Stars and Stripes.

Leader: We can't dodge immigration

The power of immigrants

The right to be American

The human tide - where they go

'Selection by talent' in France

Alec Russell's Washington DC blog

Information appearing on telegraph.co.uk is the copyright of Telegraph Group Limited and must not be reproduced in any medium without licence. For the full copyright statement see Copyright
    END OF AN ERA 1/20/2009

mad
    As usual, the foreign press has it wrong again. They aren't migrants, they are in our country illegally, making them illegal aliens. They aren't immigrants unless they go through all the red tape every country has to become an immigrant.

Check out what the laws are in every other country to migrate to those countries legally.
    "The founder's version: In Article I, Sect. 8, only Congress has the power to declare war, "War Powers Act" ...unless it is in the absolute bona fide defense of this country's borders."

Interestring, since I heard today that in France the anti-illegal immigrant candidate is EXTREMELY supported by the French people.

The news shows you the riots in France, but they fail to follow up and tell you about the candidate who has straight forward answers on how to deal with France's immigration problem and HOW MUCH the French people are rallying in support of him.

Just a minor detail to the story, which they neglect to tell you. Or is it that they would rather that you NOT know that.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Forget what the world is saying about today...what upsets me, is what our government is saying about it. Bush and the Republican party seem bent on passing what amounts to the raping of America's legal lower and middle class work force.

Pinto Bean
    Keep the spirit of a child alive in your heart, and you can still spy the shadow of a unicorn when walking through the woods.

demand citizenship for 12 million illegal workers.
    at least they got that part right
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

I agree...I do not care what other countires say. We need to take care of our own turf. The situation is already out of hand and it could get worse. A lot of America is awake, but many are still somber. I want this stopped before everyone wakes up.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

Quote Originally Posted by ArticleIV
    I agree...I do not care what other countires say. We need to take care of our own turf. The situation is already out of hand and it could get worse. A lot of America is awake, but many are still somber. I want this stopped before everyone wakes up.
    I think there are stages to this -- the Americans that didn't know what was going on will be in a state of shock, then they will be in a state of denial - our government can't and won't do this to US, then they will be ANGRY -- and Katie bar the door because then ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE
    "Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it" George Santayana "Deo Vindice"

If they would just enforce the border
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>