Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Apathy...it's not in my problem...

I hate to say this Rhino but some of us have tried that already....I have tried to have forums and protest/demonstrations...only a few will attend I believe the largest number I got at one of my rallies was about 50 to 80 people...

It's sad...the average joe does nothing....I talk to a lot of people even extreme liberal democrats who also feel that we need tighter control on the borders and immigrants need to go through the system legally but again if it does not effect them personally then people will not do anything....

I have tried to do my part by contacting and mailing letters to Bush, my local and federal politicians...I have this hair brain idea to getting a camcorder and recording work sites and landscaping companies and taping illegals working on sites then sending it to the news paper and television news and to immigration authorities....

But again....23 million illegals will get amnesty....I guess it is too late to take all the spanish off signs and my cereal box!?

I will march just let me know!!! I am not afraid!!

Banned
    SOSAD, wish you had been there!

Quote Originally Posted by olivermyboy
    SOSAD, wish you had been there!
    ME TWO!! if my daughter could have gotten off work I probably would have. But we kept the phones ringing off the hook!!
    I would have love to face traitor Craig

What makes me mad where were all the people who live in DC and all the surrounding areas they could have flooded the streets.
    I think all these special interest groups have intimdated people, the schools have taught people its wrong to be racist and they have been led to believe this is a racist issue.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

OK I live in Idaho and I could have come up with 1000 excuses not to be in DC for "hold their feet to the fire"--financial, etc... BUT I was there--Do not start complaining when you refuse to make the effort to show up when ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, almost 40 talk show hosts and even single women coming from California on a shoestring and a prayer!

If you cannot make the effort to come to such an important event with the opportunity to speak to Congress personally--how in the world would you find a way to make it to a march?

Now we need action. How about you put your money where your mouth is, rhino? Check in here!!!

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... c&start=50
    What the hell are you talking about? I'm in the military. I can't just up and leave whenever the hell I feel like it!

List of things I HAVE done (not that I care what your opinion is):

-Donated cash to ALIPAC
    -Donated cash to Tom Tancredo
    -Attended the Las Vegas convention in 2005
    -Sent fax and email of the following to 50 senators:

http://www.mindspring.com/%7Erussward/to_senators.doc

-Maintained a blog for those who could not attend the Las Vegas convention:

http://www.russward.blogspot.com/

Sure, it's not enough and all of us could do more but damn! Do you really need to call me out like that?

Now I'm in a position where I am getting out of the military soon and I will have the ability to travel anywhere I like whenever I want. Give me a break. We're on the same team here!

April
    I wish I could have been there as well! You all did an awesome job there. SOSAD, other Alipacers and I had a CALL fest here, but our hearts were in DC with you all.

April
    rhino wrote:

-Donated cash to ALIPAC

!
    Good for you rhino, keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by rhino
    OK I live in Idaho and I could have come up with 1000 excuses not to be in DC for "hold their feet to the fire"--financial, etc... BUT I was there--Do not start complaining when you refuse to make the effort to show up when ALIPAC, NumbersUSA, almost 40 talk show hosts and even single women coming from California on a shoestring and a prayer!

If you cannot make the effort to come to such an important event with the opportunity to speak to Congress personally--how in the world would you find a way to make it to a march?

Now we need action. How about you put your money where your mouth is, rhino? Check in here!!!

What the hell are you talking about? I'm in the military. I can't just up and leave whenever the hell I feel like it!

-Donated cash to ALIPAC

Sure, it's not enough and all of us could do more but damn! Do you really need to call me out like that?

Now I'm in a position where I am getting out of the military soon and I will have the ability to travel anywhere I like whenever I want. Give me a break. We're on the same team here!
    Rhino, sounds to me like you have done alot and I thank you for that and your service to our country, the contributions are so important to our cause, and I notice you live in Hawaii kind of hard to get to a march in DC. OLIVER is a wonderful person don't think it was meant to be directed at any one person, the news today has everyone upset. But we are all doing a great job and you are right we are a team and must stick together!! Everyone did a great Job today and thanks to all the new ones who were not affraid to jump in there, it really makes a difference.

APRIL. We did great with the call and really had alot of fun HUH!!!We had them hoping!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Was this directed towards me? If so, I don't think I deserved that. How in the world would I find a way to make it to a march????? I am going to the march for my state which is 4 hours away but no, I couldn't afford to go to DC for a thousand bucks or more and before you compare me with single women from California, please don't judge before you know personal circumstances please. I happen to have a husband to answer to, a child to care for, plus I was recently diagnosed with a lung disease and had to put a little over a thousand on credit card for a residential stop smoking program or else I would have been there in a heartbeat.

Man sometimes this place is like a good ol boys club where it's all about how much one has done or who has made the most phone calls etc. and if people think you aren't "doing enough" they get all testy. I am thankful for this place and applaud the activists and we are all like-minded Americans so let's just each do what we can and continue to support each other.

April
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

APRIL. We did great with the call and really had alot of fun HUH!!!We had them hoping!
    Yeah it was great! We had the phone lines buzzing and burning from all the calls and faxes! We had the teamwork thing going strong!!

Quote Originally Posted by camilleinchicago
    Quote Originally Posted by katydid278
    I agree, but even with the hold their feet to the fire in DC I and a lot of others really wanted to participate but finances wouldn't allow it. Gas today is 3.50 a gallon. I'm not even driving to the mall tonight even though I'd like to. I have had an inkling for some time that this particular problem will only go away if and when we Americans fight back with our own marches and demands. If we COULD get thousands....the media would not be able to ignore us. If only we weren't so spread out...we could carpool and split costs several ways...wait I remember I think it is save Our State that is holding a rally in IL in June on Springfield...maybe other states are coordinating something too for that day. I'll go look it up. But will June be too late ya think???
    How about setting up a donations site for people to contribute towards helping others with gas and other travel expenses? Even if someone couldn't make it themselves, making a contribution so someone else could would be helpful. I am willing to donate.

Excellent idea Camille....btw you are in my immediate area if your user name is up to date

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast