Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When Enough Is Enough.

I have been pondering a quandary that American Citizens have relating to the issue of illegal immigration (foreign invasion). Ironically, we are having our hands tied by the very government that is allowing all of us to have our rights as American citizens violated daily. For example, if any patriotic American were to take civil action to physically stop or hinder illegal entry into the U.S. by a foreign national, we would most likely be fined and/or jailed. The horrible irony here is that, in the case of illegal invasion, our government OF the people, BY the people and FOR the people is not really what it presumes to be at all. It is a government of treason against the very citizens that it was formed to protect and defend. In effect, we are being told, that We The People have no right to defend our country and uphold our constitutional rights. This, by definition, would no longer be a constitutional republic but a dictatorship ruled by a group conspiring in their own self interest. The question that I would pose: is a country that no longer has a representative government of the people, bound by the laws that now threaten their sovereignty, civil rights and existence? In simpler terms, when do the American people rightfully fearing for the safety and future of their families stand up and say, "Enough is Enough"?
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

"his, by definition, would no longer be a constitutional republic but a dictatorship ruled by a group conspiring in their own self interest."

not dictatorship yet, but oligarchy or plutocracy.

"The question that I would pose: is a country that no longer has a representative government of the people, bound by the laws that now threaten their sovereignty, civil rights and existence? In simpler terms, when do the American people rightfully fearing for the safety and future of their families stand up and say, "Enough is Enough"?"

Didn't Jefferson think there needed to be a revolution every 100 years?

Great post TexasBorn!

This is not simply a matter of conventional corrupt, inefficient government it is actually an unprecedented betrayal.

Certain forces within the government believe that they can get away with this betrayal so long as the American people remain confused, apathetic, resigned, and disorganized. I believe that so much of the disinformation pumped out of our televisions and print media is intended to do just this; it is a form of psychological warfare directed against our people.

Everyone should ponder the significance of the observation made by TexasBorn. In the event that some took it upon themselves to defend their nation and familial homeland, our government will punish them. What does that say?!

Time for a drink...

Certain forces within the government believe that they can get away with this betrayal so long as the American people remain confused, apathetic, resigned, and disorganized.
    This sums up the reaction I get from most of my family and friends when this topic comes up. I am frustrated and they just say "it is what it is" like a bunch of "Lay Down Sallys" at a car lot. My own brother, who is usually a fighter, has this attitude and this weekend we got into some words about it. He later talked to another family member of mine and said he was "worried" about me. Like I'm crazy or insane, or at the very least ridiculous! I feel like a stranger in my own family at times. I just don't understand it.
    They keep telling me "live your life" "Do what you have to do for your family", "Don't worry about it", "theres' nothing you can do about it".
    At times, I feel like I am losing my mind, but I have to stay true to my convictions...thier apathy and resignation makes me sad and sick.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

No wonder we have so many confused people in this country? Many of our colleges and universities think nothing of hiring Communists to teach and influence our young people.

Quote Originally Posted by SicNTiredInSoCal
    Certain forces within the government believe that they can get away with this betrayal so long as the American people remain confused, apathetic, resigned, and disorganized.
    This sums up the reaction I get from most of my family and friends when this topic comes up. I am frustrated and they just say "it is what it is" like a bunch of "Lay Down Sallys" at a car lot. My own brother, who is usually a fighter, has this attitude and this weekend we got into some words about it. He later talked to another family member of mine and said he was "worried" about me. Like I'm crazy or insane, or at the very least ridiculous! I feel like a stranger in my own family at times. I just don't understand it.
    They keep telling me "live your life" "Do what you have to do for your family", "Don't worry about it", "theres' nothing you can do about it".
    At times, I feel like I am losing my mind, but I have to stay true to my convictions...thier apathy and resignation makes me sad and sick.

SicNTired, I have the same problem in my family...They think I'm too preoccupied with the illegal immigration problem...They think I need help! They've already accepted that the country is already gone, it's too late to save it, so make the best of it!

SicNTiredInSoCal and Molly,

I feel like we're in one big therapy session because these are exactly the kinds of things that I hear as well from my family.

- "You'll just have to accept the changes"

- "All you can do is adjust"

- "Live your own life and quite worrying about the country"

Bah humbug is what I say! It is just not within me to accept this without at least giving voice to my own inner protest once in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by frustratedpatriot
    SicNTiredInSoCal and Molly,

I feel like we're in one big therapy session because these are exactly the kinds of things that I hear as well from my family.

- "You'll just have to accept the changes"

- "All you can do is adjust"

- "Live your own life and quite worrying about the country"

Bah humbug is what I say! It is just not within me to accept this without at least giving voice to my own inner protest once in a while.
    frustratedpatriot, at least we're not alone, these boards help save my sanity...I just can't accept what is happening to this country.
    My family is just going to have to put up with me...I won't allow them to bury their heads in the sand.

I have a Canadian sister-inlaw that has always been very vocal about American politics. Even though she is not an American citizen and cannot vote, I have seen her end friendships over someone being a Republican. When I started voicing my opinion about illegal immigration my brother asked me to never bring that subject up again because it upset his wife. All of a sudden I was told this woman that I had seen rant about politics was sensitive.

I love my brother and always will but I feel too strong about this issue to be silenced. I walked out and we haven't spoken since. That was a year ago. I think I now understand how families felt during the Civil War.

MontereySherry,

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry
    I have a Canadian sister-inlaw that has always been very vocal about American politics. Even though she is not an American citizen and cannot vote, I have seen her end friendships over someone being a Republican. When I started voicing my opinion about illegal immigration my brother asked me to never bring that subject up again because it upset his wife. All of a sudden I was told this woman that I had seen rant about politics was sensitive.

I love my brother and always will but I feel too strong about this issue to be silenced. I walked out and we haven't spoken since. That was a year ago. I think I now understand how families felt during the Civil War.
    Talk about a hypocrite.

Yes, I've already offended (gasp!) family members and close friends myself. And you know what, I hope I scared the living daylights out of them and put a dent in the tranquility of their beauty rest. They haven't heard the last from me either.

America is dying and I won't be bullied into silence. That's how these things go.

You know you have "the fight" in you when you can't help but resist. Sometimes I try to detach myself from the realities around me and continually find myself incapable of doing so. That's the soul of an activist, you can't help but care and to not care is to deny your personage.

"Here I stand, I can do no other, so help me God. Amen" - Martin Luther

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast