Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When left wing thugs threaten you.

If you are of retirement age or have a disability many states have enacted laws which protect you from intimidation and threats of violence. The threat doesn't have to be spoken. If someone has, in all honesty, caused you to be afraid when you were acting well within your rights, then you were probably intimidated. You may be able to file a restraining order against them. However, if you initiated threatening behavior towards them, they may have reacted in self defense.

A goon or thug may not be a young person, either. There are a lot of aging leftist and liberal goons who will get in your face, yell, threaten, or intimidate you if you oppose their point of view. Watching the anti Measure 8 protest in California, this crowd obviously got out of control with its anger and left many people feeling threatened.

Check the laws in your state. In my state there is a form that can be filed that is similar to a restraining order. There is also mention, on the state website, of the possibility of monetary damage awards, but with the caveat that filing a complaint, without an attorney's advice, might negate an award. Use your own judgement.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: When left wing thugs threaten you.

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    If you are of retirement age or have a disability many states have enacted laws which protect you from intimidation and threats of violence. The threat doesn't have to be spoken. If someone has, in all honesty, caused you to be afraid when you were acting well within your rights, then you were probably intimidated. You may be able to file a restraining order against them. However, if you initiated threatening behavior towards them, they may have reacted in self defense.

A goon or thug may not be a young person, either. There are a lot of aging leftist and liberal goons who will get in your face, yell, threaten, or intimidate you if you oppose their point of view. Watching the anti Measure 8 protest in California, this crowd obviously got out of control with its anger and left many people feeling threatened.

Check the laws in your state. In my state there is a form that can be filed that is similar to a restraining order. There is also mention, on the state website, of the possibility of monetary damage awards, but with the caveat that filing a complaint, without an attorney's advice, might negate an award. Use your own judgement.
    Good Info thanks.
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

Let a left-wing thug get in my face and ..........sh_t WILL HAPPEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USAFVeteran
    I hear that!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

AMEN RockFish!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockfish
    I hear that!
    Bring it on. We're ready to roll.

"Freedom isn't free." (Don't remember who said this)

"Give me liberty or give me death." (Jefferson?)
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

I live in Florida. I have several laws that protect me. One of the several is the Castle Doctrine. I don’t have to retreat, just be in legitimate fear for my or my family’s safety and wellbeing.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!

I damn well fought for the right to say what I want to say and be heard so if someone tries to attack or shut me up, all I can say is REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!!!!!! You start something, I WILL FINISH IT!!!!

I damn well fought for the right to say what I want to say and be heard so if someone tries to attack or shut me up, all I can say is REMEMBER PEARL HARBOR!!!!!! You start something, I WILL FINISH IT!!!!
    Sounds good to me....but a neat check drafted by their lawyer to you sure wouldn't hurt, either. Plus I would like to see what would happen to ACORN, SEIU, etc, etc if a sh==load of letters from state law enforcement started showing up in their mailboxes.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Bring it on I am still not afraid .. Get in my face at your own risk

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast