Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

kev

when my parents took my brother and I to mexico 30 years ago

My brother and I were taken to mexico 30 years ago while on vacation with our parents. We went just inside the border, to be able to say "we went to mexico." Guys and gals I can tell you it was an unpleasant experience. My brother and I were both around 7 - 9 years old. On the way to mexico we had read some comic books, and put them behind our heads, underneigth the rear window of the car. As we were driving (very slowly) around the town in mexico, we felt something hit the car. These mexican kids were jumping on the trunk of the car, climbing up on the rear window to read the page of a comic book. This scared all of us, these people jumping on the car. They where swarming us, just to read one page of a comic book through the rear window. My parents and I still talk about that incident today, 30 years later.

It is terrible to hear of people living like that. I'm just afraid it will be something close to that here if things aren't changed.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

For the last 4 years I worked for an American company with a plant in Mexicali, Mexico, about 120 miles east of Tijuana. You cannot believe the houses people live in. There certainly is an upper class there but the lower class is really in tough shape. I can't understand where they put their large families in those small cinderblock houses.
    While there I had to live in a gated community to be safe. A friend, who lived out in the community had his place burglurized 3 times in 1 year.
    Most corners where there were stop lights, there were people begging or trying to sell you something. At the border crossings there were people w/o limbs, etc, in rags, begging.
    The Mexican government should be proud of themselves. They have a lot of guts chastizing us about immigration! Oh, and before I could work there, I had to have a special visa which the company checked often!
    And one weekend in Tijuana, there were some American environmental protesters, protesting about a LNG plant that was proposed, they were kicked out of the country for meddling in mexico's internal affairs!!
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>