Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

When Will Liberals Explain Bilingualism to Hispanics?

Any liberal worth his or her weight in anti-Bush bumper stickers will tell you that being bilingual is essential in order to live a life of culture and sophistication.

Argue with a liberal against bilingual education in favor of English immersion, for example, and you will find yourself labeled as a racist, bigoted, xenophobic, uneducated right-wing conservative.

After listening to that drivel for years, I finally asked for an explanation about the liberal double standard on this issue.

To wit, if non-Hispanic Americans are racist for favoring English , are Hispanics who insist on using Spanish also racist, or even more so because they reside in a nation where English is the predominate language?

And further, Mrs. Diversity Queen, if being bilingual is so terrific, why are you and leftist goons of your ilk not sharing that good news with your Hispanic pals?

She stared blankly and uttered one word: Que?
    Welcome To America: Now, Speak English----And ONLY English!

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Legally, I cannot agree more. So true, if being bi-lingual is expected of Americans, then why not those living here legally or illegally?

Why must we accomodate?

I homeschool our two kids, and was told that if my 8 year old daughter was to be in the grade school here, she would be doing whole language immersion in Spanish. I said, well she's not, asked why I felt that way I said "WHY SHOULD MY KIDS HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH IN ORDER TO ACCOMODATE ANYONE ELSE, WHEN THEY WILL NOT LEARN ENGLISH TO ACCOMODATE US?".

That remark was followed by dumbfounded silence.

I will choose a foreign language for them to learn. I refuse to have my kids growing up having to accomodate a bunch of Spanish speaking illegal aliens, when they will not have the decency to learn English before they come here illegally!!!!

Not happening, no way. This is my country and will remain mine and English speaking as long as I can do anything to prevent otherwise.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Here in San Diego, one of four teachers of the year is an unrepentent pro-Hispanic activist who actually teaches his classes in Spanish, although bilingual education has been banned in CA. And this guy was awarded TEACHER OF THE YEAR! He openly proclaims that because most of his students do not speak English, it is his DUTY to teach them in their home language, SPANISH OF COURSE, regardless of the repurcussions on his other, non Spanish speaking students (although very few in numbers), they just have to learn Spanish to adapt. In addition, he teaches them Mexican and Latin culture and history in place of U.S. history, as he feels that being as so many of his students are from MEXICO, it is only right that they learn their home country's culture and history. And this guy was awarded TEACHER OF THE YEAR!

From San Diego Union-Tribune Website:

TEACHER OF THE YEAR
    Social activist is big on possibilities
    Public schools send him to head of class

CHULA VISTA, MEXIFORNIA – Guillermo Gómez is an immigrant, a war refugee who reached the local pinnacle of his profession Saturday when he was named one of four county teachers of the year.

He sees teaching as the job of a social activist, and Gómez is being recognized for what he does outside his classroom at Vista Square Elementary School in Chula Vista as well as for what he does inside it."

{snip}

"'I am public education!' he wrote in a response to his nomination for county honors.

At 34, Gómez already has a track record as an unreconstructed activist."

{snip}

"He often teaches in Spanish though California voters have mostly prohibited the practice."

{snip}

"They [his parents] ]brought him to Los Angeles without knowing English, but they had emphasized reading at home, so Gómez arrived with a solid grasp of his first language, Spanish.

Bilingual education helped him master his subjects while he was learning English, Gómez said."

If this clown IS public education in CA, no wonder it ranks number 50 out of 50 states. I heard this guy speak on the televised award show getting his teacher of the year honor, and he can barley speak ENGLISH CORRECTLY! It's not just that he speaks with a thick Hispanic accent, he barely has a grasp of English grammar, he speaks more like a Mexican busboy who has been the country for six months. And this guy was awarded TEACHER OF THE YEAR!

So whenver you wonder what has happened to public education in the U.S., this is it, not only do they hire these morons to teach our children, they are awarded TEACHER OF THE YEAR! What a friggin disgrace!
    [b][i][size=117]"Leave like beaten rats. You old white people. It is your duty to die. Through love of having children, we are going to take over.â€

Last time I checked this country is called the "United States of America" not the "United State of Mexico". The national language is English, and none of the legal/illegal immigrants in my area (or a rather large percentage) refuse to speak english or don't want to learn. Regardless, my problem with this just further divides the country.

Oh yeah, in my area, WALMART has officially embraced bi-lingualism by posting in big 8" letters everywhere (sometimes bigger than the english sign) in spanish (note: no other ethnic group is catered to even though we have a large contingent of middle eastern immigrants) all of the store signs and directions. I find this offensive, but since WALMART has admitted to hiring illegals (at least in my area) and since the Fed won't do anything about it...it seems like they are apart of the illegal movement. My question is...what can be done? Phone calls are not netting anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Legally, I cannot agree more. So true, if being bi-lingual is expected of Americans, then why not those living here legally or illegally?

Why must we accomodate?

I homeschool our two kids, and was told that if my 8 year old daughter was to be in the grade school here, she would be doing whole language immersion in Spanish. I said, well she's not, asked why I felt that way I said "WHY SHOULD MY KIDS HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH IN ORDER TO ACCOMODATE ANYONE ELSE, WHEN THEY WILL NOT LEARN ENGLISH TO ACCOMODATE US?".

That remark was followed by dumbfounded silence.

I will choose a foreign language for them to learn. I refuse to have my kids growing up having to accomodate a bunch of Spanish speaking illegal aliens, when they will not have the decency to learn English before they come here illegally!!!!

Not happening, no way. This is my country and will remain mine and English speaking as long as I can do anything to prevent otherwise.
    HOORAY FOR YOU AND YOUR CHILD, AMERICAN ELIZABETH! If I had a child that age, I would educate him or her in French or Chinese, anything but Spanish! Why teach a child the language of those whose cultural heritgate is that of toilet bowl cleaners and criminals?

Great post, Reptile! Hispanic racists like Guillermo Gómez should be proescuted for child abuse. Any teaching credentials Gomez has should be revoked, permanantly! Probably fraudulent anyway.

California passed Prop 227 to ban most bilingual education. The premise was simple: Youngsters without English-speakers at home are at a disadvanatge unless they receive intensive English instruction somewhere. Coddling them with Spanish instruction at school is idiotic, at best.

Morons like Gomez are preparing Mexican children for failure: California now has a mandatory test one must pass to receive a High School diploma. One of the tested skills: English.

NOT SPANISH---no one gives a damn if you can speak Mexican!
    ENGLISH, you damn fools!

If you want your children to be second-class all their lives, ask for them to be assigned to the class of Guillermo Gomez.

ENGLISH proficiency is REQUIRED in order to graduate high school. SPANISH proficiency is required to clean toilets and operate leaf blowers!

Which do you prefer for YOUR child?