Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    builditnow wrote:

MW - Why are you being so sarcastic and critical towards someone who is just trying to figure out a way that we, the people, can do something to change the behavior of businesses who hire illegals? Arizonablues is at least trying to suggest an action we can take other than just singing to the choir here.
    It's not my intention to be "sarcastic and critical." My actual intention is to throw a little reality into the discussion.

Suggesting that we boycott all to punish some would not work because that would make us the bad guy when it came out that some of the business are actually utilizing E-verify and playing by the rules.

We don't have to do it with all industries as you suggest.
    Who suggested we boycott all industries? It certainly wasn't me.

Do you honestly think boycotting all McDonald's to punish some McDonald's is the right thing to do? If you'll read what I posted earlier, I did say that I'd have no problem boycotting a specific restaurant if it was a known fact that the business was hiring illegal aliens. However, it's difficult to know that a restaurant is hiring illegals unless you actually work there or have a personal connection to the business. By all means, if you have evidence that the McDonald's on 4th and Pine is hiring illegals, boycott it. But please don't boycott the one that is playing by the rules on 5th and Elm just because the one on 4th and Pine is not playing by the rules.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've noticed that quite a few of our local fast food restaurants have stopped hiring employees with poor English skills. They must have gotten flurries of complaints about wrong orders, inability to understand the employees, etc.

Mistakes made by non-English speaking employees must have racked up. I can't tell you how many times my orders had been screwed up, so I stopped going to those. Seems I wasn't the only one.

Friends tell me that now everyone speaks fluent English, mistakes are down and they're trying to get people back.

One place I have not stopped patronizing is a local Dunkin Donuts store owned and operated by Indians (from India). Every employee speaks English (some with heavy accents, but still understandable English), it is spotless and I feel welcome.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

MW
    miguelina wrote:

I've noticed that quite a few of our local fast food restaurants have stopped hiring employees with poor English skills.
    The same thing is happening in my community. Last year I actually complained (phone call) to a franchise owner of a local McDonald's because several of his employees were difficult to understand (didn't speak English adequatly). I'm not naive enough to think my complaint alone forced the employer to fire the employees. However, I'd like to think my complaint had some influence. IMO, numerous complaints from customers will work on most employers in the restaurant business. The fast food business industry is very competitive in large communities and a repeat customer base is necessary to stay in business. For example, there is a Hardee's, Domino's Pizza, Pizza Inn, and Burger King within a mile of the McDonald's I'm talking about.

Advice: Don't bother complaining to the employee's or manager, take it to the owner, or general manager when several restaurants owned by the same owner are involved. Store managers, unless they are also the owner, don't always have the owners best interest at heart. Furthermore, it is the manager that does most of the hiring.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I wonder if we can simply write to owners of franchises and ask them if indeed they use E-Verify? If we just state that we are doing research for ALIPAC and that we are gathering info on which locations use E-Verify and which ones do not? Maybe that'll make them think twice about who they hire,a nd may encourage some to implement E-Verify.............
    Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented worker" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"........

Years ago it was mandatory restaurant employees have a health certificate before they could be hired,TB was the big test.I would feel much better if the health test requirement was reinstated and E-Verify was done at the same time.

About a month ago a Spanish only McDonalds commercial was launched on one of my local English tv stations and my local McDonalds hires a lot of people who I can't understand when ordering so I will not be giving ANY McDonalds my money.

I feel bad for those who buy Mac franchises and follow our laws but it is up to them to know what Macs policies are before they invest. I refuse to investigate every McDonalds I encounter so I will just avoid them all instead.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

I urge everyone to call the cooperate office of any fast food company tat hires illegals. I have seen a response on here that questions whether we know an individual is illegal or not. To that I say, if someone can't speak English, than it is 99% certain that they ARE illegal. One must know at least a little English to be legal in our country. It is a requirement. So if the shoe fits......

Also I have noticed a GREAT reduction of non English speaking workers at my local fast food establishments. Take for instance my McDonalds. The workers USED to be all hispanic, and I had a hard time conveying what I wanted. The hispanic manager even broke company rules and posted a flier for a hispanic person running for a local city council position at the drive through. There was NEVER a flier there before for any other person, why this lady? After a little research I found that she is one of the biggest reasons Fort Worth is a sanctuary city supporting amnesty. THAT's why the manager wanted to post her fliers, so he could pay minimum wage for a job that paid $8.50 an 12 years ago. Now, for some unknown reason, that manager is gone, my orders are actually right, and I can communicate with the employees in English. Again, all of this started with Jack in the Box, and it seemed to spread around. I just don't know why.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

jshhmr, I have to disagree with your last post. There are plenty of refugees from all over the world here that speak no English. They will learn eventually. My close relative, who was a multi-lingual translator, sponsored one of her cousins, a young man who spoke no English and he got a job immediately (this was after WWII). He worked at hard labor for a few years, until he learned enough English to apply at the phone company in Calif. and by the time he retired, he was supervisor of over 1,500 employees.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by vortex
    jshhmr, I have to disagree with your last post. There are plenty of refugees from all over the world here that speak no English. They will learn eventually. My close relative, who was a multi-lingual translator, sponsored one of her cousins, a young man who spoke no English and he got a job immediately (this was after WWII). He worked at hard labor for a few years, until he learned enough English to apply at the phone company in Calif. and by the time he retired, he was supervisor of over 1,500 employees.
    I understand that some people speak no English, but you have to look at stats and facts to see that we are being invaded by people that demand that We speak THEIR language. Your close relative obviously had the cognizance to WANT to learn the language so he learned. My great-grandparents did the same. However, did your relative work in a place where he had to communicate to the general English speaking public? If so, even if that were right after WWII, was that fair to the person on the other end that speaks ONLY English? Sure there are legal immigrants that come here that can't speak English, but at least it is attempted. How many posts have you personally done where an illegal was in this country for 10 years, yet they haven't attempted to learn English? I hold the same regard to EVERYBODY, but it just so happens that (according to stats and facts) that a certain people DEMAND that we learn their language. If we were seeing TONS of Germans illegally immigrating here and forcing us to speak German, it would still be a problem.

Unfortunately, your argument is much of the same argument that the pro-illegals have. Pro-illegals say they will learn eventually, yet they don't bother. The WWII generation and today's generation are two different things. There is a GIANT the difference between the WWII generation and us. We are too PC to force non English speakers to be immersed in English. The WWII generation had the BALLS enough to DO things, and get things done. Immersion USED to be the best teaching tool, just like your relative. Now, NO English is common, even in fast food establishments.
    We see so many tribes overrun and undermined

While their invaders dream of lands they've left behind

Better people...better food...and better beer...

Why move around the world when Eden was so near?
    -Neil Peart from the song Territories&

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123