Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

In the past few weeks several Houston anti-illegal groups have joined
    forces in protests to support Arizona and SB1070. We've protested
    at the Mexican embassy and last week in Tomball, TX.

If anyone in the Houston area wants to join in on some of the protests
    going on please send me a message.

Def
    If the race card is the only card in your hand, you're not playing with a full deck.

reply to Kevt

OK, you asked for it!

I am creating one just for you on Wordpress (Stop Illegal Immigration)

It should be up tonight. www.stopillegalimmigration.wordpress.com

Now, get on it and start spreading the word.

Ken
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Maybe we deserve to lose our land to the invaders. At least they SHOW UP for a fight. We just blog and create websites and make videos.

So maybe when LOS ZETAS take over San Diego or Austin Texas, we can throw DVDs and news articles at them.

You are right...I posted the rally information here and over 100 people have since looked at your post. My post only got ONE mention from the woman who wanted to know if the roads have improved (I have no idea I have never traveled to this area of AZ) as my answer. Any rally I have ever been to has been at most a handful of people. I think people are afraid to stand up. People all act tough when they are behind their computers, but actually take a chance and go out and protest....no way.

[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    I've spoken about this on other posts. William Gheen might remember the Rally in Raleigh a couple years ago. I think there were more speakers than activists. My son and I came from eastern Carolina to attend. Within a few minutes, the illegal aliens working on downtown projects had called the police insisting WE were intimidating and harassing THEM! We did receive quite a few "thumbs up," and horns honking in response to our signs, but that was about it. The local police didn't even know the rally was being held! I know, I called! I watched the local news for reports of the rally, but I didn't see any. So I understand why people become disappointed. Unfortunately now I'm not able to walk or stand very well, so what am I to do? Whatever I CAN do I WILL do it. Let's keep up the fight, the results are worth it!!
    I hear many say that the cars going by "honk and thumbs up" maybe we should get signs that say... "Don't honk...stop your car and come help us"

I LIKE IT!

I hear many say that the cars going by "honk and thumbs up" maybe we should get signs that say... "Don't honk...stop your car and come help us"
    Any and all comments & Opinions and postings by me are considered of my own opinion, and not of any ORG that I belong to! PERIOD!

Okay so I read everyone's responses. Thanks for getting back.

There are a few issues that concern me.

As with ANY problem within the Government these days, there are no groups of LARGE proportion to get enough attention. Only a few splinter groups of action of almost ANY given issue.

What I have learned is that if you are going to protest and gather a group, you CANNOT be part of a 'big tent' organization. Your group MUST be focused on one issue, and STICK to that issue.

For instance, the "TEA PARTY" now seems to be taking up the Illegal Immigration issue ALSO. Why? They were (originally) started a s a Tax Protest group. How many ISSUES are they going to stand for? WRONG APPROACH. It gets watered down by some all encompassing 'activism group'.

For groups to be effective they need focus.

Also, many Illegal Immigration groups attract racists, xenophobes, and such. Either that or people that are not knowledgeable about ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION to begin with. So THAT group doesn't garner support.

Most of the groups that are against Illegal Immigration give off a very "Right Wing" or Conservative vibe. WHY? This issue should not be relegated to "THE RIGHT". Flag waiving does NOT mean anything or accomplish anything. All it does is make you look like a flag waiving zealot.

SO THOSE GROUPS GARNER LESS SUPPORT.

STICK TO THE ISSUES AND DATA!

William Gheen for instance is a very intelligent. He's ACTIVE, he's out there in the real world. He talks about Illegal Immigration and supports himself with data.

Why is he not being mirrored? Why not emulated?

Why is ALIPAC or NUMBERSUSA not in every single city with a representative on mEETUP . com or some other FREE TOOL for meeting like minded people?

What? Is the INTERNET the final frontier? Pure crap. NOTHING happens on the Internet but the passing of virtual info. Online "activism" is nothing. In fact the powers that be LOVE the fact you're on the internet. It means you're not out there on the streets like the Illegal Immigrants, their Lobbyists groups, the Catholic church that helps them, the Corporate employers that pay activists, etc.

ACTIVISM is not done by a keyboard.

But alas, when someone DOES decide to run a group locally, it gets infiltrated, attracts people NOT EDUCATED on data, not able to speak well, not informed, not able to defend their position in a professional manner.

THIS IS FAILURE!

My background is internet marketing. I know a thing or two about what people do on the net. Political ACTIVISM is NOT accomplished on the net. Sorry.

There should be a group in EVERY city with a moderator or chosen person to set up a group meetup page. Fill the home page with LOGICAL data, stick to facts, NIX the party line speak, nix the flag waiving, nix the feeling that you have to be a "TEA PARTY" person to "hang out", make it party neutral and stick to the TOPIC OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION.

I know many are thinking "Then why don't you do it"?

Good question.

1) I need my anonymity due to what I do for work along with the fact I am too busy for it. Period.

2) There are people with over HUNDREDS of posts here and elsewhere WHINING about Immigrants. Hey, you're willing to spend hours to post stuff in chat rooms on line? Good, then YOU do the legwork where others can't. YOU initiate things locally. You obviously have the time and knowledge of the internet.

3) I'm here to possibly light a fire under your A**** because nobody else seems to be. You want to WHINE on the internet? Or be true ACTIVISTS? Your call. But remember, the Illegals and their supports don't spend ONE MINUTE caring about posting on the internet. And they get the medias attention and sympathy.

They're out there, you're here. Do the math.

When they totally infiltrate local Government, like here in Los Angeles county, you will NOT be able to 'throw the internet at them'.

You have FREE services like meetup.com, Craigslist, classified ads, local ads in libraries, parks, etc.

To be effective you need a presence. The more numbers you have, the more will come...but only if you stick to the ISSUE and take heed to what I posted above about a BIG TENT movement. Don't do this, and you will FAIL locally. And all the ranting will be on the internet, exactly where they want you.

I expect to see William Gheen and associates within NUMBERS USA to call for more local activism. I expect to see the most outspoken get their BUTTS out of the chair and start gathering emails, numbers, and building a local list of people to meet...EDUCATED with facts and approaching it with intelligence.

This is not a joke. People are dying.. States funds are tanking. Wars are on the border. If you look at the data alone, you know DARN WELL how huge this issue is to us border states.

You do NOT win battles like this by creating another post or story online.

Do NOT set yourselves up to fail. Increase your numbers. Do it tactfully. Do it smart. Branch out. Repeat the process.

There should be THOUSANDS of people lined up in every sanctuary city at the Mayor's doors. The numbers are out there. Many are against Illegal Immigration. Know HOW to attract them and they will come.

Take my advice and you will grow beyond what you have, or take the alternative and keep your 'activities' online where THEY want you.

Additionally,

ANY activism needs 'outside of the box ' thinking.

As an internet marketing person, I know what people look for, what attracts them, what makes them come to you, offline and online.

Simple example:

Run a simple Criagslist ad like:

"Tired of Illegal Immigration? Want to join a group that is dedicated to meeting regularly and DOING something about it? We're not about parties or ideologies. Just regular people that want it to end."

Send them somewhere to get on an action list. Send them to a Meetup.com page. Keep their emails and send them messages once a week that you are building a local list of activists.

Keep them involved. Once your list reaches 50, you have a meeting somewhere and decide from the the best places to be active.

Contact other like minded groups and have a compilation of groups with the same agenda. Ban together.

Assure them of their anonymity. Welcome them when you meet them. If you talk ideology or party politics and give them a sense they have to be "Tea Party" friendly....you fail.

Make it seem "exclusive"...you fail again.

The issue of Illegal Immigration already HAS the numbers on "ANTI" side. All those people out there who are secretly angry in their homes yet can't find a place to join are WAITING for you. They WANT you to come along and offer them a place to join.

As a marketer, it's like having people who want to buy a mobile phone, and NOBODY makes mobile phones...

You have an angry American populace that feels betrayed WAITING to join people in the real world. And the best offered is just online INFO, where at the end of reading they feel further betrayed.

There are people out there WAITING to join a group and attend a city council meeting, or a precinct meeting and make their local reps LISTEN. But they're afraid to do it themselves.

NUMBERS help. Groups help. Within less than a year, there could be a local action group in every city in a border state, or any state.

You just have to GO OUT. The internet is NOT your answer. At least not by itself. Your words, your anger, your news stories, everything...will become some random HTML cached in Google or Yahoo's endless stream of noise and NOBODY will care.

Now you can wither heed the words I have said and take more action. Or go back to being angry in text and signing digital "petitions", feeling as if you have won some victory.

Write your 'leaders' more emails if you wish. They don't care..they send back template script answers anyways. Nobody ever reads them.

Simple advice on fighting the Illegal Immigration battle.

Get involved in the real life more...or go home and plan on giving up MORE of your country away. End of story.

William...pay attention.

I get your ideas, many of us actually do field work, and internet activisim, I personnaly am aprt of the Minuteman Corps of California, we have regular musters at the CA border. This past weekend we were able to get 17 IA's and most of those were hauled off by BP, also I am the co-founder of Border Patrol Auxiliary.

I think what is the real problem here is the folks who are upset are the working middle class who have been hit the hardest with this economy. I know our membership has gone down because people have lost jobs and cannot afford to spend funds to do border protections. Only those willing to go the extra mile and actually stick with a project will keep it going, after 5 years of doing this we are all getting burnt out from the demands. The new people who come in want to be part of a org, but cannot find the "Time" to actually do anything to keep the org's going.

You have some really good ideas and I'm going to jump on them starting today, so thanks for your feedback.

Respectfully
    Ken

kevt, I really appreciate your input. Personally I fight on-line because I am disabled and it is all I can do. To stage a meeting - my body might not comply that day. But I do agree that what you present is common sense. Thank you.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

Anyone with disabilities is exempt from what I meant.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123