Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Where I Stand

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Where I Stand

Hello to all ALI-PAC members,

I'm a new member of this forum. I signed up to read discusions and post topics. Watching the news today got me to think were I really stand on the issue of illegal immigrantion. The more I read about it I realize there's no way to be fair to everyone. And the more I think about it I realize that agree with both sides, the immigrants and the citizens that already live here.

It is true that accomodating a rapidly increasing population puts a strain on programs like social security and medi-cal. On the other hand it is very convenient for citizens to have no pity for illegals, because after all the English that came here were immigrants too, and the Italians, and the Irish, and the Chinese, and all the rest. Ultimately, illegal immigration has always been a part of this country, and for better or for worse it was founded by immigrants. The immigrants that came way back when found no such thing as social security or health coverage, so there was no issue there.

Ultimately immigration is convenient for the wealthy of Mexico. The poor leave Mexico, so the government doesn't have to create programs to take care of them, and the immigrants here send back millions of dollars back to Mexico. If the minute men took a minute to consider what their lives would be like were they born in Mexico, they would realize that they may have also made the choice to risk their lives, and abandon their homes for the sake of feeding their families. It is too easy to judge.

Mexico was ruled by a single corrupt party for about 70 years, and finally in the last election Mexicans cheered for a president from a new political party. I believe that the only substantial thing that would ameliorate illegal immigrantion and guarantee a future for Mexicans in their home country is to make the Mexican government do what they should to make life better for poor mexicans. It is in the best interest of most, to do so.

With the best intentions,
    bayareagirl

Welcome to Alipac bayareagirl.

Your right, it is difficult to sit on the fence with this issue.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

bayareagirl,
    While I can sympathize with them over their country's incompetence in leadership, I cannot discount the fact that they are violating our laws. Their government may have changed but they have failed to do their duty. In fact, Vicinte Fox admitted that having his people emigrate to the US in order to not have to fix his problems. We became his relief valve. This can no longer be accepted. However, all this is moot. Another group is a bigger threat to us. It is called the Trilateral Commission. This group tried to take control of our government in the 70's. They failed but vowed to find another way and, with the election of President Jimmy Carter, succeeded. They have held control of the executive branch for 24 years and have been rewriting our regulations and laws to integrate the US, Canada and Mexico into the North American Union.

Welcome to ALIPAC bayareagirl!

You might check into what the American People have already done over the years for Mexico as an example.

We've given them all our consumer products manufacturing which put millions of Americans out of work. This was part of a treaty called North American Free Trade Agreement or NAFTA.

We've given millions of illegal aliens, the majority of which were from Mexico, "amnesty" to stay in the United States and become citizens. It was supposed to cure the problem but only exacerbated it.

We've given Mexico as much of our market to sell goods to us as they can manufacture. We are their largest trading partner and are so because we gave them our consumer products manufacturing base. The idea was that if we gave them our industry, jobs and business ... that they could improve life in Mexico for their people and then they wouldn't migrate here.

We've let their citizens flood our labor market; neighborhoods; schools; hospitals; and tap into our public assistance programs all so they can send money back to their home countries with the notion that if they had more "cash" there they would stop coming here.

So far, no socio-economic program has worked and all the sacrifices millions upon millions of Americans have been forced to make to solve this problem has been for naught.

The US has 37 million people on some form of welfare because they are below our poverty line and can not sustain themselves.

The US has another 47 million people who are above the poverty line but do not make enough money to be able to afford health insurance or pay their medical bills.

That's 84 million people already in the US or approximately one-third of our population that can not sustain themselves.

There is plenty of pity due American Citizens ... perhaps not the ones in your neighborhood ... but in other neighborhoods who are dealing with the stress and frustration of hardship and unsustainability.

It's okay to have pity for foreign nationals ... but please save some of it for your fellow American Citizens who have actually earned it.

Again, welcome to ALIPAC!!

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I believe that the only substantial thing that would ameliorate illegal immigrantion and guarantee a future for Mexicans in their home country is to make the Mexican government do what they should to make life better for poor mexicans. It is in the best interest of most, to do so.
    You're right bayareagirl. This is the bottom line. So what in the heck would Bush act like such a fool and wine and dine Vicente Fox and walk around trying to show the world what "great friends" they are for ?

It makes Jorge Bush just as bad as Vicente Fox.

GB is suppose to at least act like an upright person !! I think GB just has far too much vanity and ego to care about the ramifications of his acting like he and the King of corruption in Mexico are best friends.

They are best friends because GWB doesn't have higher morals and values.......and he could care less what Americans or anyone thinks of him so he's not going to hide it.

We have a very, very weak president He is prone to many stupid decisions because of his own stupid ego.

It goes to show that we need good, stable people in the White House, not egotistical maniacs who made it to where they are because of their father.

This family affair of presidents situation......has to stop. Only one from a family from now on. Passing our presidency around throughout and among families is starting to remind me of the Philipines or something.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The immigrants & indigenous peoples of Mexico had/have a lot of
    resources, two oceans, etc. The same as US. The immigrants to the
    US did not find pop-up infrastructure: roads, schools, hospitals, access
    to capital to buy goods & services, etc. Do you think the illegal Mexican
    immigrants are not nationalists? They gave it up because they are
    buddhists? Why are they waving Mexican flags in our streets? They want
    the land back AND the infrastructure. I suppose they want us to stay on
    to educate all their illiterate people & provide health care until we can
    get back on a boat to go to Europe. I have no doubt if we gave it to
    them carte blanc, it would be as screwed as Mexico in a few years.
    But can you imagine giving nuklar weapons to these guys? Alberto
    Gonsellus is a member of La Raza, a leftist org. It's really scary. Don't
    look too far or read too much into your own history, Bayareagirl. The
    guys dumping tea into the harbor were terrorists, the original Minutemen
    were guerrilla fighters, John Adams was a fascist, TJ was a feudal
    lord. I was where you are a few months ago, but the truth is out there.

I am getting so sick of the argument that ours is a country
    of immigrants.. blah blah... fine... it's true, but this is a country
    built by LEGAL immigrants.

If we are country of immigrants, so what? so there are a lot of countries
    out there with large immigration population. However, that alone does not give any foreigner the right to invade their country by illegal entry.

Why doesnt Mexico allow other Central-Americans to cross their border without prosecution? They were all colonized by Spain and are all immigrants. Mexico should then open its southern borders.

If one is allowed to dig deep in history, how far back do we have to go before it gets irrelevant to our current discussion?

The Native Americans came from Asia. The Asians came from Africa and so all of us for that matter. The pro-illegal immigration crowd should revise their Geography and re-learn about the world's political borders.

If Mexico had gotten California after the Mexican-American war, trust me, we would have Tijuanas all way to the Oregon border.

Is not every country a country of Immigrants? Does this mean a country should have no immigration laws because everyone is an immigrant?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Re: Where I Stand

Quote Originally Posted by bayareagirl
    Hello to all ALI-PAC members,

I'm a new member of this forum. I signed up to read discusions and post topics. Watching the news today got me to think were I really stand on the issue of illegal immigrantion. The more I read about it I realize there's no way to be fair to everyone. And the more I think about it I realize that agree with both sides, the immigrants and the citizens that already live here.

It is true that accomodating a rapidly increasing population puts a strain on programs like social security and medi-cal. On the other hand it is very convenient for citizens to have no pity for illegals, because after all the English that came here were immigrants too, and the Italians, and the Irish, and the Chinese, and all the rest. Ultimately, illegal immigration has always been a part of this country, and for better or for worse it was founded by immigrants. The immigrants that came way back when found no such thing as social security or health coverage, so there was no issue there.

Ultimately immigration is convenient for the wealthy of Mexico. The poor leave Mexico, so the government doesn't have to create programs to take care of them, and the immigrants here send back millions of dollars back to Mexico. If the minute men took a minute to consider what their lives would be like were they born in Mexico, they would realize that they may have also made the choice to risk their lives, and abandon their homes for the sake of feeding their families. It is too easy to judge.

Mexico was ruled by a single corrupt party for about 70 years, and finally in the last election Mexicans cheered for a president from a new political party. I believe that the only substantial thing that would ameliorate illegal immigrantion and guarantee a future for Mexicans in their home country is to make the Mexican government do what they should to make life better for poor mexicans. It is in the best interest of most, to do so.

With the best intentions,
    bayareagirl
    The first thing I've ever totally agreed with on this forum. I stand exactly where you do.

Oh heck, let's just throw open the doors and tell everyone to just come on in make yourself at home do you think maybe we should leave the lights on for them?
    Build the dam fence post haste!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast