Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the Hollywood types are so quiet because they all employ illegals for everything from landscaping and housekeeping their huge mansions to having illegal nannies watch their spoiled brat kids............
    .....while making money from people who just sit and watch their commercial ridden and scripted shows.

There were plenty of them on the ABC ALMA Award show, sponsored by LA Raza, with a speech on the show about immigrants contributions.

Stars wore white ribbons like the red HIV ribbons, to show their support.

Jessica Simpson was dissed for not being latino after presenting an award.

Eva Longoria was host and brought the topic to hardworking illegals every chance she got.

Representing the National Council of La Raza were Janet Murguia, who spoke for illegals, President and Chief Executive Officer, and Delia de la Vara Deputy Vice President Strategic Communications Group.

ZONA Design created an elegant package with strong entertainment values which included an identity and branding system (logo, color branding, font family, letterhead, business cards, envelopes), a sales kit (folder, brochure, DVD menu and navigation, and the DVD label design), two videos (a 1:00 teaser with highlights of previous ALMA Awards shows and elements of the 2006 ALMA Awards identity with graphics by ZONA which was screened before approximately 10,000 attendees at an NCLR conference in Philadelphia to announce the return of the ALMA Awards; and a 4:00 long format history of the ALMA Awards, used to entice sponsors), a website and print advertising campaign* seen in publications ranging from Hispanic Magazine, LatinaStyle, LatinHeat, Hombre, Variety, The Hollywood Reporter, Adweek's Marketing Medios, among others.

Advertisement

The ZONA Design team, known for their distinctive and effective designs, was led by Creative Director/Designer Zoa Martinez, and included Executive Producer Dennis Fluet, Senior Designer Mark Lee, Designers Agnes Nowakowska and Youngha Park, Senior Composite Artist Andre Sam, 3D Animator Tim Clark, and Composite Artist/Motion Art Director/Final Cut Editor Fabien Leon.*

ZONA utilized Adobe After Effects, Illustrator and Photoshop, Apple Final Cut Pro and Lightwave in the execution of this project.***

The ZONA team worked closely with ALMA Awards Executive Producer David Chavez, who is also CEO of LatinPointe, Inc., the Hispanic communications company, and company President Sarah Chavez.* Their internal production company was responsible for the on-air graphics.

This identity campaign is a Broadcast Designer’s Association (BDA) Awards finalist.*

About ZONA Design:

ZONA Design, founded in 1999, is an award winning multi-disciplined design agency creating results driven work that is bold and direct for all points of contact with the consumer in the general, Hispanic, and youth markets. The company’s portfolio includes high profile projects for Disney/ESPN Networks, AOL Time Warner Networks, 5Boro Skateboards, Discovery Communications, Encore Media Group, Rainbow Media Holdings, Chrysler, Dodge, and the various A&E Television Networks.

ZONA Design, Inc. is headquartered in the Empire State Building, 350 Fifth Avenue, Suite 321, New York, NY 10118. For additional information, or to see a reel, contact VP/Executive Producer Dennis Fluet at dfluet@zonadesign.com or by phone at 212.244.2900. Visit the ZONA Design web site at www.zonadesign.com. ZONA Design is a certified Minority Woman Business Enterprise from the NYNJ Council (NMSDC) and New York City. ZONA Design is also a 2004 and 2005 Hispanic Trends Magazine Top 100 Entrepreneur.

I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

reptile
    I think the Hollywood types are so quiet because they all employ illegals for everything from landscaping and housekeeping their huge mansions to having illegal nannies watch their spoiled brat kids. In fact in CA, you can't find a landscaping crew that isn't made up of illegals and illegal alien housekeepers even have their own unions now.
    What he said....

They are supporting quietly with their donations, and hiring thousands of illegals.

Scared we may boycott their movies and tv shows.

Eva Longoria comes from a wealthy Mexican family and what I don't understand about her and Salma is why don't they go back to Mexico since the people are so great and all that jazz? They are lucky THEY are even allowed here. Especially Salma who wasn't born in this country. She's especially bitter b/c she can't lose the accent. Always saying JLo gets more roles b/c she doesn't have an accent.
    Always aim at complete harmony of thought and word and deed.
    Always aim at purifying your thoughts and everything will be well.
    Mahatma Gandhi

Personally I'm tired of how the movie stars get so much attention anyway, especially nowadays. Like, they are only actors and actresses, entertainment people. Why should their opinions matter much? They aren't experts in politics. Yes, I agree, most of them are quiet because they depend on illegals to take care of their mansions, children, etc. Don't plan to see any movies except maybe animation films.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Actually Martin Sheen was out marching with them during their rallies. I saw pictures of him. I cannot find them now of course but there are pictures of him participating.

Quote Originally Posted by reptile09
    I think the Hollywood types are so quiet because they all employ illegals for everything from landscaping and housekeeping their huge mansions to having illegal nannies watch their spoiled brat kids. In fact in CA, you can't find a landscaping crew that isn't made up of illegals and illegal alien housekeepers even have their own unions now.
    Exactly, the only time these idiots take a stand on anything is when they need publicity to pump a new movie or it's in their own best interest.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Well I have quit supporting these spoiled idiots. I don't go to the movies or buy dvds. I watch it if i is free.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

Quote Originally Posted by jean
    Personally I'm tired of how the movie stars get so much attention anyway, especially nowadays. Like, they are only actors and actresses, entertainment people. Why should their opinions matter much? They aren't experts in politics. Yes, I agree, most of them are quiet because they depend on illegals to take care of their mansions, children, etc. Don't plan to see any movies except maybe animation films.
    Their opinions DON'T matter, the only reason we hear about what they think is because the camera is never that far away. Almost never do they make any sense, in the end it always comes out that they are hipocrits on any matter they stand for, and their word is as weak as an old leaf under a lawn mower. Its funny , the only role that they play that tends to be 100% transparent is when they have to be themselves. And they can't even do that right.

California or ground zero of the invasion
    The moviestars are showing up to support a group of illegal immigrant squatters in Los Angeles.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... ic&t=31306

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_164092146.html

Jun 13, 2006 9:44 am US/Pacific

Deputies Begin Evicting South L.A. Farmers
    (CBS) LOS ANGELES Dozens of people have been arrested for allegedly violating a court order and obstructing sheriff's deputies from evicting farmers and supporters from a 14-acre urban garden near downtown Los Angeles.

About 20 demonstrators chained themselves to each other, a walnut tree and large concrete-filled barrels inside the garden. Actress Daryl Hannah and activist John Quigley are in the tree and say they plan to stay there even as authorities begin to cut its limbs.

In recent weeks, a host of celebrities have visited the farm in a show of support. Most recently, singer Willie Nelson stopped by. Others who have been on hand included Joan Baez, Danny Glover, Amy Smart, Laura Dern and Ben
    Harper.

Officials say about 65 deputies along with riot forces showed up about daybreak Tuesday morning to enforce the eviction order signed by a judge last month.

Owner and developer Ralph Horowitz said he would sell 10 acres to the farmers for $16 million, but the farmers, with the support of Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and other celebrities, have been unable to come up with the asking price.

Supporters of the 350 farmers who have been working the land say it is the largest urban farm in the country.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast