Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    My opinion is that political pressure is valuable to a point. If I did not believe that I would not be here supporting ALIPAC. But I also believe that more direct action is sometimes called for. I am not talking about violating laws, although "civil disobedience" has been a valuable tool employed by many Leftist causes in the past. Of course, the media slant on such activism by the Left versus its portayal of identical actions by the Right virtually precludes true civil disobedience by any group that is not a media darling.

Consider this, though. Which has more impact, a hundred emails and letters, or a hundred angry constituents showing up at a Congressman's office? Which has more impact, ten thousand voters holding up signs that say "This Will Not Stand," or ten thousand activists being invited to a private ranch fully armed for a "hunting retreat" and immigration rally? It is perfectly lawful for Americans to carry their firearms to a private function on private property that happens to be a hunting lease. But there is also a powerful message of the "Don't Tread on Me" variety that such a conclave carries. It doesn't matter how such a rally is portrayed in the media. It doesn't matter what the government thinks about it. What matters is what the global forces pulling the strings think about it, and I can tell you that such a spectacle would absolutely terrify them.

I understand the image that this site is trying to uphold, but I also understand full well (as evidenced by these election results) that there are limitations to what can be accomplished with mere words. I am not recommending that ALIPAC become involved in any action with which it is uncomfortable, but I am asking that ALIPAC allow its members to be more creative in the solutions they wish to employ so long as they are within the confines of the law.
    If we allow people to talk about weapons and armed events at ALIPAC then ALIPAC will be destroyed and all we have accomplished will be washed away in short order.

Right now, you folks may have a place to chat for another month or two before we have to fold as it is.

If you want to place nails in our coffin, by all means keep the gun chatter going.

Your statements are harming the hard work of many people.

Some of you want to talk about taking on the worlds last remaining superpower through direct actions that will lead to assured destruction for our cause.

Keep cool or take it elsewhere.

Final warning.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC
    Quote Originally Posted by CrocketsGhost
    My opinion is that political pressure is valuable to a point. If I did not believe that I would not be here supporting ALIPAC. But I also believe that more direct action is sometimes called for. I am not talking about violating laws, although "civil disobedience" has been a valuable tool employed by many Leftist causes in the past. Of course, the media slant on such activism by the Left versus its portayal of identical actions by the Right virtually precludes true civil disobedience by any group that is not a media darling.

Consider this, though. Which has more impact, a hundred emails and letters, or a hundred angry constituents showing up at a Congressman's office? Which has more impact, ten thousand voters holding up signs that say "This Will Not Stand," or ten thousand activists being invited to a private ranch fully armed for a "hunting retreat" and immigration rally? It is perfectly lawful for Americans to carry their firearms to a private function on private property that happens to be a hunting lease. But there is also a powerful message of the "Don't Tread on Me" variety that such a conclave carries. It doesn't matter how such a rally is portrayed in the media. It doesn't matter what the government thinks about it. What matters is what the global forces pulling the strings think about it, and I can tell you that such a spectacle would absolutely terrify them.

I understand the image that this site is trying to uphold, but I also understand full well (as evidenced by these election results) that there are limitations to what can be accomplished with mere words. I am not recommending that ALIPAC become involved in any action with which it is uncomfortable, but I am asking that ALIPAC allow its members to be more creative in the solutions they wish to employ so long as they are within the confines of the law.
    If we allow people to talk about weapons and armed events at ALIPAC then ALIPAC will be destroyed and all we have accomplished will be washed away in short order.

Right now, you folks may have a place to chat for another month or two before we have to fold as it is.

If you want to place nails in our coffin, by all means keep the gun chatter going.

Your statements are harming the hard work of many people.

Some of you want to talk about taking on the worlds last remaining superpower through direct actions that will lead to assured destruction for our cause.

Keep cool or take it elsewhere.

Final warning.

W
    William, I live in Texas where political correctness has yet to overcome our patriotic and pioneering roots to make "firearm" a dirty word. The average Texas household has more than five firearms. I understand that you are from back East where inanimate objects have been converted into symbols of evil rather than tools of freedom. Our founding fathers believed that Amendment II underpinned all the guaranteed rights, because without it there would be no means to secure those rights. I will hold with the opinions of the Founders over the opinions of those modern revisionists whose own opinions have been molded and conditioned by a system meant to strip us of the means to defend ourselves against tyranny. Make no mistake: What we are fighting here is tyranny and treason. To believe otherwise is to have already lost the battle.

This will be my last word on the subject, but I would appreciate if you would allow these words to remain for due consideration. Feel free to rebut.

Crockett,

I own multiple firearms and train on a regular basis with them. I am also a concealed carry permit holder and a supporter of several 2nd amendment support organizations.

Texans do not have a copyright on gun ownership anymore than northerners that think they have a copyright on high crime and how to drive in the snow.

The insertion of discussions of firearms here on the website of a Political Action Committee addressing the most contentious issue in America is inappropriate in many ways.

1. Guns are being promoted in a discussion on how to proceed towards needed political change.

2. It is against federal law to advocate armed insurrection against the government of the United States of America.

3. Talk of this kind alienates many mainstream supporters that are gun owners and political activists that have no desire to return to the militia concepts of the 1990s that were so easily destroyed and dismantled.

Thanks to the comments here in this thread, our opposition can easily make the claim that "Some ALIPAC supporters are taking the loss so hardly that they are talking about taking some action that involves guns"

To which we can only reply with our disclaimer

6. Disclaimer: ALIPAC is not responsible for the content of posts, comments, articles, and links to other organizations. Posting here does not imply endorsement or support. Posts from the public here are NOT organizational statements or the positions of ALIPAC. Official ALIPAC organizational positions and statements are found on the main at www.alipac.us
    By pursuing this conversation you are forcing us into a situation of having to delete posts and take other corrective actions to enforce rule 2.5

NO VIOLENT LANGUAGE ALLOWED, NO GUN/WEAPONS TALK or AVATARS No discussion of insurrection or Civil War caused by Americans.
    Past experience has shown us that the fate of ALIPAC should not be placed in the hands of board users as we hope they will clarify their statements and act in a way as to protect our organization.

This is why this rule is here.

This thread is now being locked.

ALIPAC MODERATOR ALERT

Any posts past this one that contain discussions of guns are to be removed and the person making such posts is to have their account suspended.

Instead of working on the elections data and our organizational response to the historic election results, my attention is being drawn to the posts by Husker and Crockett which are proving to be both distractions and threats to our work here.

This conversation is over, and Im going back to my work.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12