Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Whites the minority in 1 our of every 10 counties.

This is why we need to secure the american voters by not allowing illegals to vote. We will lose our country if something is not done. My city is being taken over and we will soon be the minority. We need to persue these figures in congress and the senate.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/M/ ... TE=DEFAULT

Aug 9, 2:03 AM EDT

Whites now minority in 1 in 10 counties

By STEPHEN OHLEMACHER
    Associated Press Writer

AP Photo/Damiko Morris

Related Interactive
    A Nation's Changing Face: Racial Diversity by County

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Whites are now in the minority in nearly one in 10 U.S. counties. And that increased diversity, fueled by immigration and higher birth rates among blacks and Hispanics, is straining race relations and sparking a backlash against immigrants in many communities.

"There's some culture shock," said Mark Mather of the Population Reference Bureau, a Washington-based research agency. "But I think there is a momentum building, and it is going to continue."

As of 2006, non-Hispanic whites made up less than half the population in 303 of the nation's 3,141 counties, according to figures the Census Bureau is releasing Thursday. Non-Hispanic whites were a minority in 262 counties in 2000, up from 183 in 1990.

The Census Bureau's report has population estimates by race and ethnicity for every county in the nation. They are the first such estimates since Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast in 2005, scattering hundreds of thousands of people.

The biggest changes in were in Orleans Parish, La., home to New Orleans. The share of non-Hispanic whites in Orleans Parish grew from 27 percent in 2005 to 34 percent in 2006, while the share of blacks dropped from about 68 percent to 59 percent.

Many of the nation's biggest counties have long had large minority populations. But that diversity is now spreading to the suburbs and beyond, causing resentment in some areas.

Many Latinos say they see it in the debate over illegal immigration.

In northern Virginia, Teresita Jacinto said she feels less welcome today than when she first arrived 30 years ago, when she was one of few Hispanics in the area.

"Not only are we feeling less welcome, we are feeling threatened," said Jacinto, a teacher in Woodbridge, Va., about 20 miles southwest of Washington.

Woodbridge is part of Prince William County, which recently passed a resolution seeking to deny public services to illegal immigrants. Similar measures have been approved or considered in dozens of communities across the nation. In all, state lawmakers have introduced more than 1,400 measures related to immigration this year, the National Conference of State Legislatures says.

Supporters say local laws are necessary because Congress has failed to crack down on the estimated 12 million illegal immigrants in the U.S. But many Hispanics legally in the U.S. say they feel targeted, too.

"I think across the board all of us feel like we're not welcome," said Jacinto, who was born in the U.S. and volunteers for an advocacy group called Mexicans Without Borders.

Prince William County has seen its Hispanic population more than double since 2000, to nearly 70,000 last year. Non-Hispanic whites account for a little more than half the population, down from about two-thirds in 2000.

Greg Letiecq recently helped form a group to fight illegal immigration in northern Virginia, called Help Save Manassas. The group is named for a city surrounded by Prince William County.

"It's not about ethnicity, it's not about race. It's about lawful behavior versus unlawful behavior," Letiecq said.

Still, he complained that many newcomers eschew American culture in favor of their Latino heritage.

"It's the folks who come in and try to maintain the culture of the country they came from," Letiecq said. "They don't seem to embrace the American culture, the English language, the social norms of American culture."

Nationally, the number of minorities topped 100 million for the first time in 2006 - about a third of the population. By 2050, minorities will account for half of U.S. residents, according to Census Bureau projections.

"I don't think Latinos or any other so-called minority group are seeking to make white people a minority," Jacinto said. "It's just a reality."

---

On The Net:

Census Bureau: http://www.census.gov

Mexicans Without Borders: http://www.mexicanossinfronteras.org/index.html

Help Save Manassas: http://helpsavemanassas.org/index.php
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

You know, I may be wrong in saying this, but this is my feeling: white people really need to start having more babies if they do not want to be outnumbered by this population that is taking over our country.

But we don't -- and why? I know a lot of late 20 somethings who will just say, Oh, I'm not ready yet ...not sure when I will be ...waiting for Mr. right, etc, etc. And they delay and delay it well into their 30's.

I have even seen people in their late 30's who are pregnant and considering aborting their first ever child because they just "aren't ready" to have a child. It's nuts.

The reasons are varied, some of them good, and some of them not so good. My own daughter is in college now and headed towards a wonderful career -- with no plans for marriage in the near future because she wants to get her education before she settles down. And I'm so proud of her for that -- for being responsible. Good reasons ...but is it good for white America? Does it matter -- should we fear a non-white America?

I think that by limiting family size as we have done for probably the past 50 years or so, we have done ourselves a disservice. We thought we could be stronger with less to feed, less to take care of -- but in reality, we're not.

I hope it's a lesson for generations to come. I really do. That is just my personal opinion. Large families are good for a lot of reasons. Of course, large families with mom and dad married are the best. What we have now are mothers with children they can't possibly support and Dad has run off somewhere. This is not the answer.

Nationally, the number of minorities topped 100 million for the first time in 2006 - about a third of the population. By 2050, minorities will account for half of U.S. residents, according to Census Bureau projections.
    If this is true...then why do we continue to call them "minorities"?
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

We were inundated with guilt messages for 'overpopulating' the planet in the 70's and 80's.

I am not sure we did the wrong thing, except the ones who could ill afford to raise or care for children seemed to go right on having them. Also, how were we to know the government was going to allow Mexico to invade and make us support them.

If our government had paid attention to the needs of this country and it's people - first - I think we would have a safer, cleaner, more prosperous, and economically sound country.

Who knew we should have revved up the breeding just to protect ourselves???
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    The problem has nothing to do with how many babies we have or don't have. The REAL problem is forced population growth through immigration (legal & illegal). All a baby race would do is overpopulate the United States all the much quicker. Overpopulation will lead to a decline in our children, and their childrens, quality of life. Do we want our country to end up like China or India (population wise)?

Who do we have to think for this race to reduce the quality of life for all Americans? I'll tell you who, corporate America and pandering politicians, that's who! It's disgraceful and the trend needs reversed before it's to late.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    The problem has nothing to do with how many babies we have or don't have. The REAL problem is forced population growth through immigration (legal & illegal). All a baby race would do is overpopulate the United States all the much quicker. Overpopulation will lead to a decline in our children, and their childrens, quality of life. Do we want our country to end up like China or India (population wise)?

Who do we have to think for this race to reduce the quality of life for all Americans? I'll tell you who, corporate America and pandering politicians, that's who! It's disgraceful and the trend needs reversed before it's to late.

Exactly. The LAST thing we need are more welfare babies in this country of ANY color.

- Secure the borders,
    - Deport the illegals
    - Jail the employers who hire illegals.

Welfare babies breed welfate babies. That is proven. Not only do we have welfare babies but we have babies who are born into the knowlege on how to commit crimes. The first crime being that there parents jumped the border.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

Quote Originally Posted by jjmm
    You know, I may be wrong in saying this, but this is my feeling: white people really need to start having more babies if they do not want to be outnumbered by this population that is taking over our country.

But we don't -- and why? I know a lot of late 20 somethings who will just say, Oh, I'm not ready yet ...not sure when I will be ...waiting for Mr. right, etc, etc. And they delay and delay it well into their 30's.

I have even seen people in their late 30's who are pregnant and considering aborting their first ever child because they just "aren't ready" to have a child. It's nuts.

The reasons are varied, some of them good, and some of them not so good. My own daughter is in college now and headed towards a wonderful career -- with no plans for marriage in the near future because she wants to get her education before she settles down. And I'm so proud of her for that -- for being responsible. Good reasons ...but is it good for white America? Does it matter -- should we fear a non-white America?

I think that by limiting family size as we have done for probably the past 50 years or so, we have done ourselves a disservice. We thought we could be stronger with less to feed, less to take care of -- but in reality, we're not.

I hope it's a lesson for generations to come. I really do. That is just my personal opinion. Large families are good for a lot of reasons. Of course, large families with mom and dad married are the best. What we have now are mothers with children they can't possibly support and Dad has run off somewhere. This is not the answer.
    I doubt that white Americans having more babies is going to solve this problem. The cost of raising children is very expensive for American families... Our government would rather tax American families more so they can give the money to the illegals and their families. Plus we are being flooded with new illegals everyday that are also giving birth in high numbers. The only way we are going to save our country is to send the illegals back home, and we need to build an extra high fence with our military stationed the whole length of the border.

I agree with Molly. I don't think raising our birthrate is going to help us very much.

Many women (like myself) chose not to have children because they just couldn't swing it economically. I mean, our government hasn't been very partial to middle-class families lately, now have they?

I'm not poor (far from it), but I couldn't imagine myself working full-time and raising children. I guess I am too selfish. If I had ever had kids, I would have wanted to stay home and raise them. I really hate the concept of "daycare centers". And knowing that any children I had would have to go to daycare because I would need to work full-time, was enough for me to nix any fantasies of ever having children.

I talk to a lot of women my age who felt the same way when they had their chance to have children. What a lot of people (especially men) don't realize, is that we women really resent that we can't stay home and raise our children ourselves...the way our grandmothers did. No woman wants to hand her child over to a stranger knowing that stranger would never love, nurture and treasure her child the way she would.
    Calderon was absolutely right when he said...."Where there is a Mexican, there is Mexico".

There was a funny post on Free Republic today as well: "newsflash: whites still the majority in 90% of American counties.

Which is true. It' stupid, really. So, they want to let us know their numbers are increasing -- but we STILL outnumber them -- a fact which we all need not forget.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast