Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Who do you think won the debate?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I missed the first hour of the Debate. As for the two hours I did watch, I wasn't overly impressed by any of the candidates in their presentations or responses. Instead of all these polls, I would like to know what some of the members of ALIPAC actually thought.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

http://www.inquisitr.com/2426506/tru...mmanding-lead/

Trump Debate Win: Post-Debate Polling Shows ‘The Donald’ With Another Commanding Lead

September 17, 2015

by Aric Mitchell

The “Trump debate,” as each GOP outing is starting to be known, once again went in favor of the billionaire real estate mogul and Republican frontrunner Wednesday night (September 16).

Donald Trump has turned running for president into not-to-be-missed performance art, and it has clearly given his Republican rivals fits as seen with the massive piling on from candidates like New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie and Kentucky Senator Rand Paul, who characterize Trump’s antics as juvenile and “sophomoric.”

Perhaps they’re right. And while some media outlets are starting to see what they believe to be chinks in the Donald’s armor — check this CNBC analysis, for example, which called last night’s showing “the beginning of the end” — this isn’t the first time people have dismissed him or counted him out.

Yet he continues to dominate in the polls, especially among online conservative strongholds like the Drudge Report.

As of this post, for example, the website has 587,377 respondents, with 53.65 percent of the vote for winner of last night’s contest going to the Donald himself.

The next closest was Carly Fiorina, who secured just under 21 percent. From there, it went Marco Rubio (No. 3); Ted Cruz (No. 4); Rand Paul (No. 5); and surging candidate Ben Carson (No. 6), making this yet another “Trump debate” that is unlikely to stop his momentum.

Nevertheless, people will still talk. CNBC rightly points out that Trump doesn’t seem to have much command of policy, with his answers usually consisting of “hiring the best people.”

Nate Silver, who was the only pundit to accurately predict the outcome of the 2012 election, also sees the Donald as running out of steam before he gets to the finish line.

He has given Trump and Republican rival Carson “maybe about 5% each” when it comes to their chances of winning the GOP nomination.

“There are a couple of things to think about,” Silver said in comments reported by Breitbart. “One is that if you look back at history, you’ve never seen candidates like Donald Trump certainly, or Ben Carson win a party nomination, and secondly, if you look at the polling a lot of times, a candidate leading the polls now, mid-September didn’t win the nomination, didn’t even come close.”

He continued, “So, if you look four years ago, Rick Perry was in the midst of a surge right now, and eight years ago on the Democratic side, you had Howard Dean — or 12 years ago, rather, Howard Dean was surging, Hillary Clinton was still way ahead of Barack Obama in 2008. Rudy Giuliani was leading the polls in 2008. I think people — there’s so much interest in this election, in this campaign, people forget that polls five months before Iowa, historically, have told you very, very little.”

What Silver’s analysis fails to take into account, however, is the nuance to this particular election. The Republican Party has never been this divided, and the American people have never practically thrown their hands up in the air and admitted that the system is broken with no hope of a fix by voting in the same old tired candidates.

The country is at a tipping point where many of the old rules no longer apply. The Trump debate “wins,” even as various media outlets panned his two performances, are living proof. It’s like no matter what is reported or said — and no matter what he says about people — he just grows stronger and stronger in the polls.

Trump, by funding his own campaign and continually harping on other candidates as “bought and paid for,” is exposing what voters have suspected about Washington’s dysfunction for a very long time.

As a result, he’s getting a wide array of support — from skinheads and white supremacists to fed up middle of the roaders disenfranchised with political dysfunction to left-leaning liberals irate at the influence of lobbyists on elected candidates.

Don’t believe it? Take a look at this rather fascinating Reddit thread pulled together by Vox in August, where self-identified Trump supporters explain their positions.

“He’s an a**hole, but at least he’s honest, and isn’t really into bulls******g people. Besides, I don’t want a third Bush or a second Clinton in office anyway. The Presidency is not a hereditary monarchy.”

“He isn’t a pandering politician. He is relatively centrist and populist. He has a long track record without any damaging scandals. He seems more than the others to be genuinely interested in being a good leader for the country, rather than only for his base (as he doesn’t really have a base to pander to).”

“I’m seriously thinking about voting for Trump, and here is why. I firmly believe that our system of government is deeply flawed, if not completely broken. Yet we still keep voting for the same type of people. If Trump wins, there’s a good chance the whole thing will collapse from his absurdity. Then maybe we could start over and build something better that works. A vote for Trump is a vote for full system breakdown, which I believe is exactly what we need.”

In other words, last night was another Trump debate win, regardless of what you thought about his actual performance. And the winning isn’t likely to stop anytime soon.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I missed the first hour of the Debate. As for the two hours I did watch, I wasn't overly impressed by any of the candidates in their presentations or responses. Instead of all these polls, I would like to know what some of the members of ALIPAC actually thought.
    Hello MW. So many candidates came out with one purpose, to destroy Trump, during the first 2 hours Trump was a target more than a participant. He held his own, but it was a whole bunch about Trump's personality and Fiorina's appearance.

This morning CNN and Fox seemed hell bent on proving how bad Trump lost. I retired wondering if any of them deserved to win. It was, for me, more entertaining than informative. All online surveys seem to make Trump the victor hands down again.

Should Trump last into Dec - Jan and I see no reason he will not, he is going to have to be more informative about policy. how policy will be administered and who his advisors are or will be.

I have not seen any "make America great again" caps or apparel around being worn. I may get one to see how bad I am harassed by latinos, mostly Mexican around here.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/17/politi...new-hampshire/

Trump throws more barbs about Fiorina's business record

By Jeremy Diamond, CNN

Updated 11:50 PM ET, Thu September 17, 2015

Rochester, New Hampshire (CNN)Donald Trump couldn't resist the opportunity on Thursday to knock businesswoman Carly Fiorina during a campaign stop in New Hampshire.

"I thought I'd wait a couple of days before I expose her business failure," Trump said. "But honestly, it's so ridiculous."

But Halyna Sorensen's question during a town hall-style event that drew 3,000 people was too perfect for Trump to turn down, sending Trump spiraling into the latest iteration of his criticism of Fiorina's controversial business record -- not just at Hewlett-Packard, but at a lesser-known technology company called Lucent.

Sorensen, 66, was a Lucent employee when Fiorina took over a division of that company. And soon after Fiorina took over, Sorensen said she was forced to retire as part of changes Fiorina instituted.

Sorensen accused Fiorina of mismanaging the company, sending stock prices tumbling and, with it, taking nearly $500,000 Sorensen said she had invested as part of a retirement plan.

"She put our company Lucent Technologies in the ground," Sorensen said at the event in Rochester.

Trump perked up: "Carly Fiorina -- say it again -- people might as well hear it. I mean people have to learn."

"Go ahead, tell me," Trump said.

During Fiorina's tenure, the company overextended itself, reportedly "making big loans to sketchy customers," according to a 2010 Fortune magazine story that examined Fiorina's record at the tech firm. The result: stock prices plunged.

The exchange came less than 24 hours after Trump and Fiorina sparred on the opposite side of the country, knocking each other's business records during CNN's Republican debate at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library in California.

When asked why he couldn't hold back as Fiorina's record came up during the debate, Trump told CNN that record is an important issue voters should know about.

"You have to know about her past," Trump told CNN of Fiorina after the event. "Her past is terrible. She can't be elected."

Fiorina's camp did not respond to a CNN request for comment about her record as a Lucent executive in the late 1990s.

Fiorina emerged as the standout candidate from the debate, seizing her best moments at Trump's expense, most notably when she tweaked Trump over his disparaging comments about her looks, which he suggested in a Rolling Stone magazine article make her unelectable.

"I think women all over this country heard very clearly what Mr. Trump said," Fiorina said to overwhelming applause.

Voters can expect more fireworks between the two GOP candidates as Trump has emerged as Fiorina's fiercest critic -- repeatedly bringing up Fiorina's business record in recent weeks -- while Fiorina has not hesitated to take on the front-runner.

They will also have to duke it out as voters looking for a candidate with outsider appeal are drawn to both, neither of which have held elected office. And while retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson has surged to the No. 2 spot off Trump's outsider appeal, Fiorina's debate performance may see her rise in the polls to become a real challenger and potential threat to Trump.

For Sorensen, that's not an option.

"When (Trump) says something he does it. He walks the talk. He doesn't just say it and forget about it. Carly Fiorina, she's a 'yes' person," Sorensen said. "Carly Fiorina is a waste of breath."

So Trump was telling the truth about Fiorina. And it's a damn shame Chris Christie couldn't wait his turn and interrupted Trump trying to get the truth out about her. Shame on you Chris! This was really important stuff you interrupted, and if you don't think a CEO who treated her employees and shareholders the way Fiorina did, isn't something that matters to the 55 year old man who is unemployed, listen up, because it DOES matter. It's probably the reason he is unemployed to begin with.
    Last edited by Judy; 09-18-2015 at 03:54 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12