Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Justthefacts
    I worked at Sunset Beach Marina , Worked on the old sport fishing boats in Newport Beach , hung out at Huntington Seacliffs , Seal Beach , the old Pike in Long Beach , I remember Knotts Berry farm when it was free to get in.
    I even worked for Safeway for 4 months and lived on Catalina Island

I remember going to Terminal Island at San Pedro to visit the Dutch village , going to the Tuna Canneries (when they were unloading the boats you could con a free tuna out of them most times)
    Silverado Canyon , Aliso beach and Laguna hills , Redondo Beach and King Harbor ,
    Applied for but didn't get a job at the old Fender guitar factory in Fullerton

Hung out nights at the local radio stations and knew all the DJs

Saw every major band of the 70s and only paid $9 - $15 for tickets
    Even learned how to sneak in and get back stage passes sometimes

Yes , the 70s in So Cal was a special time
    I remember all those places as well. I moved back to my home state for about 11 years but couldn't take the snow anymore. Came back to sunny Calif. for good.

I used to go fishing at Dana Point out on their 1/2 day boats. I remember when it was free to get into Knotts also. Went for one of their famous chicken dinners just recently. Went on the roller coaster at the Pike...once! I have motion sickness, lol.

I have been to a few concerts. My wife and I have been to several "Chicago" concerts here and in Las Vegas. Seen the Doobies and Styx and a few others. Yeah, the 70's will always hold fond memories for me.

You guys are making me feel left out. I only have memories of the 70's in Monterey. The Blues Festival, the Jazz Festival and oh yes Laguna Seca. I learned how to drive on the race track.

Back in those days we were allowed to have bond fires and parties on the beach's. Not now.

Trips to Big Sur and Santa Cruz Boardwalk. When we partied it was alway on Cannery Row.

Baja is like California used to be (except for the drug gangs there). What would Mexico do if 1 million older Americans drove their RVs to Baja and camped out along 1000 miles of beach? It's legal for Americans to stay up to six months on a tourist visa, and the Americans would be spending lots of money there.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I was born in 1970 but I have some great memories of that time. My experiences were here in San Diego county. I grew up in Vista, but spent a lot of time at the beach. I remember my mom taking me there on summer days. I'd play in the water for what seemed like 5 hours before getting back out. Once I did, I'd be so starving that I'd eat a whole bag of chips in one sitting. Then, back out to the water I went until my mom called me to go home.

I also had a horse when I was 12. I'd ride all over Vista in the back country with traffic and all and never had a worry about some drunk hitting me. We had to board her at a house a few miles away. I'd ride my bike thru the orange groves as a short cut. I'd see all the mexican workers picking the fruit and I'd wave to them. They always waved back, with a smile, as my Huffy bike went rattling by them. Again - no worries from a 12 year old little girl about what could have happened. I had so much freedom. I'd be gone with the horse for the whole day and my parents never worried one bit as long as I was home before dark.

Those really were the days and sometimes when I see how things have changed, it really really makes me wish they were back....
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123