Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GFC

Who expects to see the day Spanish replaces English

As the Nations languge. I expect to see that day but am not happy about it. The future is written on the wall. I will refuse to learn spanish. I will go to jail or prison first.

Don't be so pessimist, you are not the only one to hate spanish
    There will never beSpanish as the Nations language, because this is a failure language. What first world country speaks this language ?

Amen Brother!!

I to see the writing on the wall. When so many businesses are pandering to Hispanic's for the all mighty dollar, it can only get worse and worse.

They are enablers of another unnessesary, divisive element in the society. A Bilingual Nation!

I could spit on them all!!

I'm not against bilingual studies, you can learn chinese , german, french...
    It dosen't have to be spanish, I think the American peole agree too much
    with everythink the schools, teachers, authorities, We have to start questionning and complaining more when we don't agree with them.
    You see in Europe the people manifest, even in Latin America, they complain, I don't understand why here is so difficult.

I took 4 years of Spanish, and lately it has served me well.
    Many times in UT my wife and I will be walking downtown SLC, and I will hear hispanics having a spanish conversation.
    I love shocking the living hell out of them! Just last week we were walking out of the Delta Center, and there was several hispanic boys talking in spanish talking about the "White gringo" and also calling me other names I can't use here.
    Anyway, I walked to him and told him in spanish that he needs to learn english, and dared him to call me to his face what he said. Of course he backed down, I'm a pretty big guy, I'm 6'5" 260 lbs. I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it, but the look on all 3 of their faces was priceless when I spoke to him in his own language. My spanish is rusty, but I still remember enough!
    "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting the same results is the definition of insanity. " Albert Einstein.

Now I'm an American citizen but I was born in Brazil, so I speak portuguese and of course spanish too. When I speak portuguese with my daughter or my grandchildren normally (don't forget I live in Florida) the other people start speaking to me in spanish, my daughter, my grandchildren get embarassed because I always say: "Don't talk to me in spanish, I don't understand, if you want talk in portuguese or english we are in America and I can speak portuguese but not spanish because it's not my language and I'm not in Cuba or Mexico.
    You can say this is rude,bad manners, uncivilized, but I don't care, this is what all of us should be doing not to get to the point that they want to impose even their language in this country.
    Spanish is to the portuguese language as australian or british is to the english language.

Want to learn another language? Great! But all government business, road signs, and commerce should be done in English.

Language is one of the cultural commonalities that holds a diverse nation together. Once the cement of a shared culture, traditions, and history is slowly replaced with a multicultrural, balkanized society. You can kiss the US, as we have known it goodbye!

Canada is a prime example of a country that is in danger of splitting apart because of language. I don't want to see that happen to the U.S.

GFC
    minnie, massive unrestricted illegal immigration from Latin America created the bilingual dillema we are in now. I am not against per se of learning a foreign languge. I just dont like having to learn another languge for the wrong reason, as in accomodating law breaking non-assimilating illegal aliens.

I completelly agree with you , but this spanish thing is comming to hunt us long time ago, we should have stopped it then. Now you cannot call any company without having to " press 1 for english ", and this means business, money, I don't believe it will be easy to change it.

I don't think YOU OR ANY AMERICAN HAVE TO LEARN SPANISH- That's exactely what I'm saying, this is America , here we speak english, and the Americans HAVE to start demanding their rights, wich they abandon for the sake of good will , no profile etc...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast