Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who is going to rebuild?

OK, I won't even touch (yet) what the motivation might have been for the arsonists but, there is no doubt that this is going to be a huge financial windfall for home building & construction interests.

I, for one, will be WATCHING...closely.

Oh greyparrot,

It's terrible to think that is how they are pulling themselves out of a falling real estate market.

Not to mention the cheep labor issue. I'm sure there are citizens, who lost thier businesses and the companies they worked for burned down. They will need to work somewhere until things are rebuilt. We don't need to support illegal aliens while citizens have been pushed down.

San Diego doesn't need a Katrina size wave of illegals.

Keep Haliburton out of there!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DJ
    I have been thinking along the same lines. If there are illegals out of work because of the housing slowdown, I can imagine some might decide to create work--like all the work created through the Katrina disaster. One always needs to ask "who benefits?" We will have lots of rebuilding to do and lots of framers and roofers needed. Yes. This bears watching!

Wasn't there a 'demographic change' in the New Orleans labor market post-Katrina? I heard local blacks trying to join work crews were turned away.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I heard that the property values in California have dropped by 50 percent.
    Is that not true? If it is the truth these people who have just bought homes will never be able to rebuild. They would already be bottom up. The insurance companies would only give them the value today.
    <div>''Life's tough......it's even tougher if you're stupid.''
    -- John Wayne</div>

There will be a booming construction business for sure. Do we have to guess WHO will be building those houses?

We know that arson was involved. We just don't know yet the motives. This could very well be a sinister plot to revive failing real estate and construction industries. If so, the perpetrators deserve life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Don't know how relevant this is, but I do actually know of instances in this area where contractors burned their own projects--and got away with it. So what you are sayng is in the realm of possibility--but it would be extremely crazy to do this in the So. Cal situation when they should know the winds can spread the fire so rapidly.

There are various theories as to the origin of these blazes--let's see what the investigators have to say. I would rather not jump to any conclusions at this point.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Paige
    I heard that the property values in California have dropped by 50 percent.
    Is that not true? If it is the truth these people who have just bought homes will never be able to rebuild. They would already be bottom up. The insurance companies would only give them the value today.
    There hasn't been a 50% drop in the area i live in (South Bay - LA), and i haven't heard of one anywhere. It wouldn't surprise me if some of east LA home prices have dropped some, but no where near 50%

San Diegans should get the word out that the hiring of illegals will be devastating. Americans need and should get the work. Californians first,then anyone else in the U.S. Invite the illegals back to Mexico! I mean this is all we need more illegals! I'm calling Schwarzennegger's office tomorrow.

"Who is going to rebuild"? UMMMM let me guess!!! need I say more!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast