Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Who should be our president in 2008

With these voting machines, have a question.

How do people "write in" a canadate of their choice?

If possible, we could write in Tom Tancredo and Jeff Sessons. If only many could do so and would do so .....

If enough individuals did that, would Tom and Jeff be elected?

I think nothing matters more this election than illegal immigration and the national security issue. That's my two cents.

D.W.
    D.W.

Definitely Tom Tancredo

MW
    I would vote for Tom Tancredo in a minute, but I'm not sure he is the best choice for president - maybe vice president. Before everyone blows a gasket, realize this, our top choice may not provide us with the best opportunity of taking the White House. Sometimes reality bites, but we can't ignore the fact that Tom has been flying directly into the radar with a huge bullseye painted on his back for a long time. Don't get me wrong, Tom would garner a lot of grassroot support, but unfortunately (in this day and age) that isn't enough. IMHO, our choice needs to be someone who is articulate, determined, anti-amnesty, a huge supporter of border security and interior enforcement. Sure, Tom is all those things, but too many people and organizations would paint him as a white supremist and anti-Hispanic advocate. We know it wouldn't be true, but he would get eaten alive on the campaign trail. On top of that, he would be at a big disadvantage in regards to political support. Could he win? Maybe, but I think there are better choices.

My first choice would be Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL). This guy has shown his true colors, he's well-spoken, determined, anti-amnesty (and anything that smells of amnesty), extremely strong on border security and interior enforcement. Most importantly, he would fair much better on the campaign trail - doesn't have as many enemies. There is something to be said for flying under the radar. My second choice would probably be Pat Buchanan, but he is a distant second behind Sen. Sessions. Rep. Tom Tancredo would be my third choice, but as I pointed out, not because of his position on illegal immigration - we all know no one would better represent us on the issue - but because he has too many enemies in the political arena (he would get eaten whole and spit out in pieces).

President 1st choice: Sen. Jeff Session (R-AL)
    Vice-President: Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) or Pat Buchanan

I know many won't agree with me, but I'm just being honest with my opinion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Tancredo originally had my support until I read a statement contributed to him with regards to the victims of Katrina. As a Black woman I found his statement racially offensive and not sure if he is sincerely against illegal immigration or if he is a closet racist.

Pat B appears to be far more knowlegeable about the world and foreign policy and in general he does not ping my racist-ometer.

Pat B appears to be far more knowlegeable about the world and foreign policy and in general he does not ping my racist-ometer.
    Pat B would be my choice for President too. There is a website for drafting him for 2008.

http://www.draftbuchanan2008.com

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy
    Pat B would be my choice for President too. There is a website for drafting him for 2008.

http://www.draftbuchanan2008.com
    Skippy, I was watching one of many interviews he has given in the last couple of weeks and he has stated that he wasn't interested in the job anymore. I truly hope he changes his mind since IMHO the pickins' are slim to none at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Preachingtothechoir
    Tancredo originally had my support until I read a statement contributed to him with regards to the victims of Katrina. As a Black woman I found his statement racially offensive and not sure if he is sincerely against illegal immigration or if he is a closet racist.
    Could you please tell us what statement he made that was racially offensive, and what publication you read this in? I would be shocked because he seems like a very nice man. Sometimes you have to give people like him the benefit of the doubt because he's got so many enemies trying to bring him down due to his stance on illegal immigration by defaming his character.

But I would sincerely be very interested to know (for my own personal decision making) what was said that offended you. Thanks.

UB

This is the only thing I could find on Tancredo and Katrina victims. In it he says LA and City officials have a long history of corruption. If this is what preachintothechoir is talkin about I don't think the truth is racist. From Huey Long to today it's hard to argue with Tancredo on this. Besides, he does not say don't help NO he just says give the money through a private group.

Here's a letter Rep. Tom Tancredo (R-CO) wrote to House Speaker Dennis Hastert:
    Given the abysmal failure of state and local officials in Louisiana to plan adequately for or respond to the effects of Hurricane Katrina on the city of New Orleans, and given the long history of public corruption in Louisiana, I hope the House will refrain from directly appropriating any funds from the public treasury to either the state of Louisiana or the city of New Orleans. Instead, reconstruction and relief funds dedicated to the people of New Orleans should be administered by a private organization or a select committee similar to the historic Truman Commission.

Public corruption is a well known problem in Louisiana. The head of the FBI in New Orleans just this past year described the state's public corruption as "epidemic, endemic, and entrenched. No branch of government is exempt." Over the last thirty years, a long list of Louisiana politicians have been convicted of crimes; the list includes a governor, an attorney general, an elections commissioner, an agriculture commissioner, three successive insurance commissioners, a congressman, a federal judge, a State Senate president, six other state legislators, and a host of appointed officials, local sheriffs, city councilmen, and parish police jurors. Given the documented public corruption in the state, I am not confident that Louisiana officials can be trusted to administer federal relief aid…

The (at this point in time tasteless but what the hey) joke from Congressman Billy Tauzin might shed a clue as to why this is a good idea: "One half of Louisiana is under water and the other half is under indictment."
    If you ain't mad, you ain't payin' attention = Terry Anderson.

I think he is the only person with enough visibility and name recognition to win.

Take me for example, I am a former MoveOn.Org supporter and liberal democrat ; but I will get out there and work my rear end off to put anyone in the White House that will end this take-over of America. I've signed up on the Draft Buchanan website.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast